Saturday Night Live

Michael Phelps/Lil' Wayne

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Sep 13, 2008 on NBC

6.8
  • Great intro, but not so great show!

6.3
    I've been looking forward to this show for weeks after hearing that Michael Phelps was going to be the host, but I'm sad to say this episode was not very funny.

The opening sketch was pretty good; Tina Fey came back as Sarah Palin and spoke with Hilary Clinton (Amy Poehler). At first glance, I thought it was really Palin. After that the episode went downhill from there. Some of the not-so-funny sketches were: the Space Olympics digital short, the quiz show sketch, and the sketch with the ugly kids.
    One sketch took place in a swimming team locker room, and Will Forte plays the coach and Michael Phelps is one of the swim team members. Basically, this sketch was just a repeat of a similar sketch with Peyton Manning, except that one was much funnier. Will Forte was funny in this one, but I'm sorry to say Phelps was not. There was one sketch where Michael Phelps and one of the female castmembers are at a Uno's restaurant and are trying to order, but their waiter just complains how it smells in there and refuses to serve them. It was ok, but it almost seemed stereotypical of black people (or white people acting black).

I think the better sketch of this show was the Michael Phelps diet, making fun of how he eats 12,000 calories/day and now you can too!