Saturday Night Live

Norm Macdonald/Dr. Dre

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Oct 23, 1999 on NBC

7.8
  • SUPER GREAT! NORM RULES!

This is one of the best episodes because of Norm\\\'s ingeneuis hosting skills especially sence he came back with the whole Burt Reynolds, Larry King and many others. \\\"I changed my name to ah, Turd Fergussin, it\\\'s a funny name.\\\" Along with the fact that he is really funny. \\\" When the people here asked me to do the show, I\\\'ve got to say, I felt kind of weird. I don\\\'t know if you remember this, but I used to actually be on this show. I used to do the \\\"Weekend Update\\\" news routine, you remember that? That\\\'s where I did the make-believe news jokes. That was me, you know? So then, a year and a half ago, I had sort of a disagreement with the management at NBC. I wanted to keep my job. Right? And they felt the exact opposite. They fired me because they said that I wasn\\\'t funny. Now, with most jobs, I could have had a hell of a lawsuit on my hands for that, but see, this is a comedy show. So, they got me. But, now, this is the weird part, it\\\'s only a year and a half later, and now, they ask me to host the show. So I wondered, how did I go from being not funny enough to be even allowed in the building, to being so funny that I\\\'m now hosting the show? How did I suddenly get so goddamn funny?! It was inexplicable to me, because, let\\\'s face it, a year and a half is not enough time for a dude to learn how to be funny! Then it occurred to me, I haven\\\'t gotten funnier, the show has gotten really bad! So, yeah, I\\\'m funny compared to, you know, what you\\\'ll see later. Okay, so let\\\'s recap, the bad news is: I\\\'m still not funny. The good news is: The show blows! Alright, folks, we\\\'ve got a great show for you tonight! Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggie Dogg and Eminem are here. We\\\'ll be right back!\\\" Thats the best.
VH1