Saturday Night Live

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 11, 1975 In Season

Saturday Night Live Fan Reviews page 4 of 9

• exactly how i classified it

Having jettisoned some of the funnier cast members in a budget slash (goodbye, clever Chris Parnell; so long, Horatio Sanz — your stolid presence in Amy Poehler's great ''Rick! Rick! Rick!'' sketches will be missed), the 32nd season of Saturday Night Live is playing out like a MADtv parody of SNL, with blandos like Jason Sudeikis and Bill Hader sucking the air out of nearly every sketch.

The MVPs are Poehler (who did a thorough evisceration of Nancy Grace on Oct. 7, all the more impressive given the fact that not one of her lines was funny) and, more surprisingly, Fred Armisen, who'd spent last season looking wistful whenever he wasn't doing his exhausted Prince impersonation. But Poehler and Armisen were fantastic in a series of taped ''New York City Stories'' on Oct. 7, with dead-on impressions of odd couplings like Martin Scorsese (Armisen) and Rosie Perez (Poehler), and Yoko Ono (Poehler) and Fran Lebowitz (Armisen), talking to the camera about what makes Manhattan great. Too bad none of their characters could have included SNL in that category.
  • Love it!

Ok, You've had to have seen SNL (Saturday Night Live) Before! Who hasn't? Ever since i started watching SNL comedy has a new meaning to me: Holy CRAP! (In which i mean: I Love it!) Anyway I really never saw the episodes from the 90's only through 2000-Till now. But I still love it! I Must say people are right Will Farrel did Suck on SNL (Well to me he did) SNL Will go on and change history, after episode, after episode! I would suggest this show to anyone! even my dog (LOL! Joke) But anyway I give SNL a 10 out of 10
  • haha this show is great!

This show, is an old american tradtion that's actually funny! It's so awsome! I love watching it every saturday night, it's so funny to see it mock things that are going on currently. I love the weekend update the most, it's hilarious! haha. I dont like it when they dont have a new episode every week, I like it to much to not survive without it! I want SNL!! haha. Ok, well I luv the little skit things, and normaly, the music guest and host is great, and intersting to see. AFI was my faovirte band to preform on the show.
  • One old tradition...

Ok name one comedy that has been on the air for more than ten years. Its a short list right? Now how about 15 years. Hmmm only one right. Better shows have come and gone but SNL is still around and probally will be around until TV is no more. I have been watching since the 8th grade. I'm 24 now and I still watch. I will admit like everyone else the current cast isnt the best, but SNL goes in cycles. Some years are better than others. We all know this. SNL also has it's weeks. Some nights you will find that rare skit that stays in your mind for the rest of the weeks and prompt you to watch it again just so you can see it.

I will admit that the recent SNL movies have been some pure garbage, but i belive the cast members are getting their feet wet in the movie business so that when they leave the show they are familiar with the territory. Lorne Michaels is setting these people up to be bigger stars. That is probally why the movies look as if not too much work has been put into them.

All in all SNL is an American icon along with Baseball and Apple Pie. And lets admit even if your home team is batting .123 and the pitching staff has a 6.54 ERA you will continue to watch because your a fan. So give SNL its bad season. And who know maybe Will Ferrel is the next Eddie Murphy. Then agian I hope not. But you get the point. I wish SNL another 25 years.
  • It must be making someone some money because it's still on the air!

But that sure doesn't mean it should be. This show hasn't been funny in over 5 years. And hasn't had a really good cast in nearly 10.

So why in the world is it still on the air? All I can think of is that NBC doesn't have anything else to put there. I mean, what could you put there that anyone would watch? So even if the show is boring, embarrassing, stupid, and not funny, it still will bring in a larger audience than anything else they would try to put in it's place.

It's just a shame it is in such decline, it kind of tarnishes the days when the show was the funniest program on network television.

Saturday Night Live is dead. Long live Saturday Night Live!
  • GENIUS!!!

I am in love with Saturday Night Live. It always has the perfect skits, guests, and castings.Just a few greats who kind of made their carrers there are Chris Farley, Tina Fey, Maya Ruldolph, Horatcio Sanz, Chris Kattan, Cheri Oteri, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrel, Amy Pohler, and some others. If you don't enjoy this show, there is something wrong with you. However, recently, something happended, and a lot of the greats from SNL, left and did other things. For example Tina Fey and a couple others did a spin off show, 30 ROCK!!! I'm not sure if I am in to it, but it is ok.
  • Best SNL show in a while. The show needs Peyton Manning!

I laughed so much at all of Peyton's skits. He's truly the comedian! Carrie Underwood looked beautiful and has such a beautiful voice. Please invite Peyton Manning back soon. He made the show and has a great sense of humor and is a good sport. Peyton and his family are very classy. SNL needs Peyton!
  • The long standing scetch comedy show has fallen on some hard times.

This show used to be a top notch show for not only great comedy but for finding the next great comedian. Comedic gods such as Eddie Murphy, Chris Farley, Bill Murrey, Steve Martin,Will Farrell, and a whole slew of B listers, gave the show star power. Whether the show needs to ditch some of the shows bedrock sins the past few years, such as horrible anchors for "Weekend Update", and laughing at their own jokes on air. Good to see somebody's laughing. The show needs talent, better writing and a whole lot of perfessionalism. The show still can be relevant but only if they address some issues.
  • funny stuff right there

e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e
  • It's been on for how many years now...?

This show has been on forever! Its really funny still. I admit, it has its ups and downs, some epps are better then others, but I tune in almost every Saturday for this show. I love anything that has improv in it and manages to be pretty funny. Forever SNL!
  • I think it's funny.

Althought I havn't seen the early episodes from the 70s, I HAVE seen some early 90s episodes. I can say it was alot funnier back then than it is today, and probably WAAAY funnier back in the 70s. Regardless, when it has the right hosts (Will Ferrel, Steve Martin, Alex Baldwin etc.) it can be quite funny. Also, since Andy Samberg as joined the cast it has seen some improvements. Especially with the Digital Short segments.

The show isn't at its peak, but I still find it to be enjoyable. Definitaly worth watching atleast once to see how you take to it.

• Only the greatest show of all time!

Only the greatest show of all time! wow this is the funniest show ever! really, there is no funnier show on any different station that can make me laugh as hard as SNL. This show is just so funny because they know that they (being their funny selfs) make people laugh and that is what they do for a living which they are great at by the way! This isn't just the show that is awesome, the crew and the cast are just magnificently funny and outgoing, you could never find a crew like on SNL! Their skits that they do are some of the most funniest skits ever and not one doesn't make me laugh! This is one of the best shows and it will never stop, its like the energizer bunny, keep going and going!
  • Jeremy Piven was worst of season

Bring Sexy Back, JT rocked but Jeremy Piven - not so much. Maybe next time he should bring his mother like he did to that award show that aired last week. He's really one lucky actor that he has a career, I have to say. I don't blame the other actors or the writers or anyone else. When you've got someone who isn't taking it seriously, you're stuck and the whole week goes down the drain. I thought Jeremy was just a bad choice and didn't seem to want to be there. Which is fine with me. More Timberlake please!
  • This is my new favorite show!

I love watching this show every weekend . It is an instant class ic . I love watching Amy poehler with the news . Always hilarious . My favorite characters are : Will Forte , Seth Meyers ( number 1 favorite ) , Amy poehler and Tina fey . I like the way there is alway s a singer or band playing . It helps show some of the new musicians and artists . My favorite sketch was where the two men drank all the water they were supposed to deliver . Like i said : instant classic. Watch this!!
  • Funny! Just plain funny!

SNL or sturday night live is a show that is on every sat. on 11:00 and its on of the funniest shows on TV. Every week they have a new big star to host and they always make me seem to laugh!. They do skits on the stories that are happeneing at the time so you can really get into it. They do every kind of skit from Bush to Donald Trump. The will make fun oof everyone but they always seem to make you laugh! So, if you can stay up late enough you can't go wrong with this hsow, and everyone will like it!
  • A Classic, but is hindered by the crap of today.

Okay SNL is one of the best shows ever made any show thats been on 30 years is a ###### accomplishment. But now the sketches arent as good and neither are the cast members. I rember Sandler, Ferrel, Hartman, Akroyd, Lovitz, Belushi and Murphy [I used their last names] and todays SNL isnt even close to that. I am only 15 but my dad has tapes of the old ones and I watch them a lot. The old members should come back then the rating would definitley be closer to a 10. [EDIT] I bought a lot of TBO's so the rating went up, but I still think it isnt as good as it was.

[EDIT: After watching the episode with Gyllenhall and The Shins and I am going to announce that I am not making SNL a 6.5, but I will leave it a 10 on here as a remberance of the oldies.]
  • Comedians doing whey they do best live!

This show has had so many ups and downs that i dont know how to describe it but for the most part has been good. My favorite SNL age was the time where the years between 1987 and 1995 when Phil Hartman and Dana Carvey my favorite comedians were on the show. The show was very funny during that time as mos tpeople would concurr. The last seasons have been horrible to me, i have hardly laughed and i have even stopped watching it regularly. I also love the set where the musical guest plays. it was a theater entrance once, then it turned into a mansions hall, and then into the insides of a clock. The idea of guest host for every show is also very nice cause you get to see great actors or the famous figure of the moment introducing the show.
  • Before I start this review, I would like to say Live from New York, it\'s Saturday night!

Before I start this review, I would like to say Live From New York, It\'s Saturday Night! Those seven words have been said over six hundred times. This show has to the longest running show ever because this is the only one of my favorite shows I haven\'t seen all the episodes of. I have to say, before I saw this show, I had no idea how to laugh. After I watched one episode, I couldn\'t stop laughing. Thanks Saturday Night Live. I would have to say my favorite continuing skit is Weekend Update. I like watching the news, but, I lie watching the news even more with some satire. Six hundred episodes, and I hope it goes on to seven hundred.
  • Saturday Night Live not as funny as it once was.

I have been a fan of Saturday Night Live for a while including the old and the new seasons. Even though I still tune in every saturday if its a new episode or a rerun its clear that the show has lost what made it so great. The show used to be edgy and innovative but now its just repetitive and truthfully not as funny. The show has to break free from pointless skits and bad writing because its failing to live up to the name ¨Saturday night live¨. The guest hosts should not make the show great, the show should already be great and the host just add to it. I´ll continue watching because I´ve always loved the show and certain new aspects of it(digital shorts) have started to get it out of that hole it is in.
  • Live from New York, it\'s the GREATEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!

Saturday Night Live is one of the best shows around. The show is at it\'s funniest when comedians hoast the show. Also the five timers, and up, people are just friggin\' hilareous; like Steve Martin, John Goodman, Tom Hanks, and my personal favorite... Alec Baldwin. I am giving the show a 9.5 only because of the slumps in years \'80-\'81, \'85-\'86, and \'95-\'95, when mass amounts of cast members and writers left the show. But other than than those awkward years, the show is perfict (unlike my spelling) lol. Without SNL, we woulden\'t have alot of the great comedians that we have today. Like Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, or Mike Myers.
  • Even if I give this show a 10, i still think this show is funny. I gave it a 10 for the episodes in the past, like the 90s.

This show needs work, and better writers. Too bad Tina Fey left. Because when she left, so did the funny. The only things that made me laugh so far this season were The Best of Darrell Hammond (not even a live episode!), Fugly Betsy, and Aunt Linda. I think the show was at its funniest in the late 90s. Perfect cast, actually dead on impressions, and the best skits ever! But the 90s can't go on forever, so I rely on reruns to make me laugh. I think they should kick Jason Sudekis and Bill Hader out!!! Seth Meyers? Head writer??? Why??? He wasn't funny to begin with! Josh Meyers (former Mad Tv cast member) is way funnier than him. He should have been on snl instead.
  • SNL needs to go back to its roots-the no name, unknowns.Thats when SNL had its best seasons!Think of all the stars born on that show.They were fresh,original and hungry to make a name,I know theres more to discover SNL! so go get em!make SNL what it was!

Im writing this in the hopes that SNL will take notice about what the fans are saying.Let me just say im a huge fan and have loved this show forever. SNL has spit out some of the best talent we have ever had. The best of the best. However this cast, these writers, just dont measure up at all. Im not trying to compare to other writers/comedians, I like the diversity and originality of cast members that have been on through the years. We simply think this cast has no chemistry and the writing is not even accidently funny.Ive really noticed such a decline in quality all the way around.the skits are dumb and annoying and what happen to those crazy sick characters we could look forward to seeing every week? I keep tuning in hoping to see a glimmer of what used to be a bright light on a saturday night somewhere you could laugh your ass off, and wonder how do they come up w/ this stuff. Not anymore,its more like who the heck is telling them this stuff is funny? Some of the comedians are ok. Keanan Thompson is about the most annoying, unfunny person SNL has ever had,let him stick w/fat albert and copying bill cosby or send him back to nickelodean.WE dont get it with him and hes in alot.He seriosly ruins any scene hes in, is it because he had a name before he landed SNL?if so please go back to- making names,youre track record has been pretty damn good finding original no name talent and thats how this show was built. any how we hope the show starts listening to the fans and we hope we have it to watch and laugh with for a very long time to come.
  • I havent liked it since the 80's.

Sorry but this show has been going downhill since the 90's. I just think personally that they just try way too hard to be funny most of the time. The actors they have now aren't too great either. Im surprised that Kenan isnt even funny, even though I loved his show on Nickelodeon as a child.
    They need funnier skits and actors.
  • Hugh Laurie Hosting, 11/25/06

I admit I haven\'t watched SNL in a Very long time, and just happened to have the right station on at the right time, not paying attention, usually in bed, and Hugh Laurie is one of if not my Favorite Actor and I could NOT believe what I was seeing. I was falling off the couch laughing. It was unbelievable. The talent that guy has is just unbelievable. I LOVED the \'Bob Dylan\' or whatever section, as he plays the piano on House. He is so multi-talented, and his transvestite role could not be beat. It was SO unvelievable, even my therapist loves him and House so I\'m ordering a DVD of the show and giving it to her as a very nice surprise. Excellent!!!
  • Every Saturday night, Satuday Night Live has made me laughing my head off for a long time. The skits are well done and are just hilarious, regarding current events in the US and abroad.

"Live from New York, It's Saturday Night!" Thats the classic quote you think of when refferring to Saturday Night Live. Filled with laughter and numerous skit, Saturday Night Live is a great show to watch in my view. The "news" casting (Amy) is well done. Overall, I think this show is excellent and will last for a long time. That is why I gave it a 9.5
  • A classic sketch comedy show that has consistently produced some of the most well-known actors throughout the last three decades.

I didn't even start watching this until two years ago. That was sophomore year, and it was pretty good. But since the end of last season and the beginning of this one, it as really been doing a nosedive. All the political ammo they have, but they choose to use little of it. when they do, it comes out ridiculous and shallow. And the borat sketch- omg. seriously! and even in the bad times the news update was good, but without tina fey it feels empty. she and amy had such a great dynamic. it's just not the same, and has lost much of its gotta-watch-it appeal.
  • I contemplated "Going downhill fast" as well, but I think it's time to let SNL go. NBC obviously doesn't have the money to devote to this show. So many great stars were fired. Terrible this season. And I used to LOVE this show. *Tear*

*Previous review* Oh SNL, what would I do without you? Where would so many actors be without it? SNL was their big break! It's remains original in it comedic performances, and keeps the cast fresh with new and hilarious faces each year. I strongly recommend this show to add to your Saturday night watchin'.

But now, oh poor SNL is going down the tubes very quickly! I loved Tina Fey, but of course she had to go create a sitcom which in my opinion is very funny but it doesn't have a following and will probably get cancelled. *tear once again*
  • Gosh.

IF you don't know what SNL is about, you're from Mars. I mean seriously. Come on. Hey you. You know about SNL, right?
    OMFG!!! YOU DON'T!!!??? Fine I'll tell you... Saturday Night Live is a sketch comedy show that has run since the fall of 1975. Many now-famous actors and actresses such as Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, Paul Shaffer, Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Martin Short, Damon Wayans, Joan Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., Dennis Miller, Phil Hartman, Jon Lovitz, Conan O'Brien, Mike Myers, Ben Stiller, David Spade, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, Norm MacDonald, Will Ferrell, and Tina Fey got their start from Saturday Night Live. SNL is still unique amongst other sketch shows because of the fact that it has always been live.
  • Trying to stay a SNL Fan

I used to be a big SNL fan, but I've drifted so far from it, and now only watch when I care about the host, and then I get depressed when I realize I missed a really good sketch. Truth be told, I recall the show douring it's heyday, with people you know were going to be big stars: Eddie Murphy, Jim and John Belushi, bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Dana Carvey, Julia Louise Dreyfuss and even Michael Myers who I can forgive for those horrible "Austin Powers" movies. Today, it seems the last really good talent from the show was the late Phil Hartman. No one measures up to him. Another thing, SNL is considered a comedy sketch series but its really a variety show. Why do they keep bringing garage bands on the show? To this day when I wach the show, I treat the music segments as a commerical break: "Is it back on yet?" "No, it's the band, you got time till it starts again." If I had my way, it'd be comedy all the way through and maybe let some of the old cast members return a bit often. Right now, I'm still favoring MadTV, but now that it's wasting time with a music segment, I'd rather switch on Court TV.
  • Saturday Night Live is still one of the funniest shows on T.V.

This is a one and only show. Nothing will or has been like this. Many special guests, celebrities, appearences, and music artists have been on this show. And some have been one more than once. My two favorite comedians that have been on this show are Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell. Those two have had a large amount of hilarious skits. Even the dvds of them are funny. They pick out a great selection of those old, but still hilarious skits. This is a terrific and hilarious show.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9