Saturday Night Live

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 11, 1975 In Season

HelloStuart

Saturday Night Live Fan Reviews page 6 of 8

• Last Saturday I watched one of the worst episodes of SNL of all time. This episode was ten-times worst than the Jon Heder/Ashlee Simpson episode. What were the SNL producers thinking when they asked Peter Sarsgaard to host? I mean c'mon. He sucked.

Throughout the entire show all did was chuckle a little bit. Peter obviously didn't study his lines. He kept look directly at the cue cards in every sketch. The only times I laughed was during the pirate sketch and Drew Barrymore's sagging boobs. I sware to god if I was the executive producer I would pull the plug. The show has ran it's course, the comedy is officially gone, and I think the 31 season is enough.
  • a show that will be remembered and watched for ever.

one of the best shows of all time. SNL is a unique and first of its kind halarious, exaderating, and willing to take it to the extreme... no other show like it can come close to touch it. with classic actors like Chris Farly and Adam Sandler and Will Farrel, it will be a hit for time to come.
  • Although I love this show I do believe it has outstayed it's welcome. Now the only funny things are Weekend Update and a couple of sketches. It just can't beat the old days.

I love Saturdya Night Live, but it is just not what it used to be. The glory days have passed and given many great comedians awesome nig breaks. But now it should simply end or get better writing, I am sorry. I feel I am betraying a show I adore becuse I am. But the fact is that Saturday Night Live just doesn't have the old pizzazz that it once carried. I do enjoy Weekend Update and The I'M CAROL sketches along with a few others, but besides that it has gone down hill and should end sometime soon, i think.
  • Peter Sarsgaard. Brilliant!

Tonight's Episode was amazing! I'm so proud of the writers. I enjoyed all of the sketches, especially the pirates, the hotel, shattered glass spoof, carol and young chuck norris. And the SARS Sarsgaard. just hysterical!
    Drew's (Barrymore) appearance was rather interesting...
    Peter was hilarious, and proved himself to be multi-dimensional as an actor.
    I look forward to any of his future projects.
    Way to go SNL!
  • Funny People doing funny things

This all time classic is brillantly created and has been not as funny this season for some odd reason it might be because the writers have been not as creative and actors and actresses are very funny but the skits aren't as funny. i don't know why that is. SNL
  • Saturday night live is like the best show. It has the best people that make you laugh. Like Tina Fey, Kenan, and others. One good episode is when they make fun of america 's next top model it was so funny. Linsay Lohan hosted that episode. Cold play profo

Saturday night live is like the best show. It has the best people that make you laugh. Like Tina Fey, Kenan, and others. One good episode is when they make fun of america 's next top model it was so funny. Linsay Lohan hosted that episode.Cold play sang ok ok.Tina Fey , Linsay lohan Kenan, other people made it very funny. But I dont like how they made fun of black men and women. They made cool cluse clan ken dolls. That was messed up. Also the episode was talking about black history month. There was only 3 blacks .
  • This show was great but as soon as Will Ferrall left the show has become boring, unintresting, and unorginal.

Ok Saturday Night Live when it goes off the air sometime before I die, it will probably be recognized as one of the greatest sketch comedy's on television.

However now the show has lost its luster. They keep milking the same humor over and over again, until you wonder why am I watching this? They try to tie in world events and do a Jon Stewart type of comedy, but they don't even come close to the Daily Show. Also some of the classic actors are gone like Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler. What is left are actors you've probably never heard of except for Jimmy Fallon, but he is really only known for looking at the camera and laughing during the skits. Oh, and all the crappy movies he starred in. The show as also lost it edge and original skits. There are to many "homosexual" skits, and it just isn't funny at all.

My advice to NBC cancel the show, or take a break and start from scratch, by hiring new writers and actors. Otherwise fans pop in your "Best of" DVDs.
  • Saturday Night Live is a classic show that uses comedy to portray current events that are happening during the week or recent weeks.

Saturday Night Live is an awesome show that is famous for its opening act and opening line “Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" The comedy is good because it makes quips at current events made done by politicians, celebrities and stupidity events that occurred. The most famous acts are the opening act and Weekend Update. Many actors on Saturday Night Live have become big stars such as Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and many others. The best episodes are when the era of Farley, Rock, Sandler and Myers ruled the show. However, today, the show just seems dry, and at times, it just seems unattractive. No sure whether it is the people or the acts. Even in such boring times, it is hard not to watch because of its legndary status.
  • If only they got smart...

This show used to be good, as many have said. The only thing SNL can do to save itself is to re-cast and re-hire writers. The only time this show was REALLY good was when they had Harvard writers (and Conan O'Brien) writing the jokes. Now, it's just a blunder. I bet the only way they can get the audience to laugh is to threaten them with electric-jolts if they don't. I will stick to watching the SNL that follows the first airing; at least they show the older and better episodes.
  • Not funny anymore...

This show is not really funny anymore. It's like the cast has to try really hard to just get a laugh, which shouldn't have to be the case. My favorite seasons were the ones with the cast that included Will Ferrell, Jim Bruer, Norm MacDonald, Cheri Oteri. They didn't have to try to be funny, they just were. The show isn't terrible, but it's not as good as it used to be.
  • LOve weekend Update

The only reason i still watch is for weekend update it is hillarious always makes my lungs hurt from laughing so much otherwise the show needs major surgery replace all of the skit writters they are terrible. but actors are really good. I miss Cheri oteri and Will Feral
    GO Spartins!
  • Its just not funny anymore. Its too long and probably the only sketch comedy show I can keep a straight face.

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. This show has gone completely downhill since David Spade left the show. It just isn't that funny anymore. This show needs better comedians, and better writers. One of the new guys could not do an impression of President Bush to save his life. I hate the new shows. To put it so that others can understand: This show should be taken off the air and replaced with anything before Tina Fey became a "head writer" leaving shows or fire all of the cast and the writers, and replace them with people that can actually write a good joke or two. Its just an hour and a half of the stupidest jokes and the stupidest sketches ever seen on a sketch show.Thank you, America, for ruining one of the best sketch shows on TV today. Cancel this crap fest and replace it with the good ones.
  • *Knock Knock* "Flowers for the lady of the house."

As a child growing up, this was one of my favorite television shows. I used to beg my dad to let me stay up on saturday nights so I could watch it. And don't even get me started on the re-runs, I would watch them every time I saw them on. To say the least, it was a staple in my tv viewing.
    Over the last decade however, this show has gone completely downhill little by little. The current actors are not anything compared to the comedians of the SNL alumni. Each show seems to be more and more repetitive and unoriginal. I suppose after 30 years it becomes hard to come up with new ideas for the same show, but that\'s what these writers get paid the big bucks to do.

Unfortunately, I must say that I think it\'s time to throw in the towel. Call it a wrap guys. Quit while you\'re not too terribly far behind. Stick a fork in it. SNL is done.
  • one of the greater live shows to air today. in the day we had a lot of great talent go on and become superstars. the parodys of shows were hilarious and you look marvelous was said by everybody i knew back in those days. too bad its in total turmoil.

okay who remembers charlie rocket saying the f word when he was playing jr ewing and got shot. well the weird thing about it is he committed suicide earlier this year and ate his gun. a lot of superstars started out on this show and great musicians lip synced too.
  • SNL is probably one of the most famous comedies with skits since the Carol Burnett Show and the Tracy Ullman Show from a loooooooooooong time ago.

I have only seen one episode of this show, as I have a busy schedule, but I laughed until I cried! Joan Cusack is by far one of the funniest actors/actreeses on the show. The "Patrick and Gunther Song" really made me laugh! I must see more of it! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • this show is a comedy no duh.its filled with various cast members , amazing guest stars and hilarious skits.this show will make you laugh out loud and soon it will be part of your saturday schedule.If you have one.it has been on for years and it is just g

ive loved tnis show forever i watch it with my dad and it is so not boring!its awesome, there is a great cast ,funny skits , great guest stars and hosts.this is the best thing to do on a saturday night.i love the old episodes with adam sandler and will ferrel.i never miss it!
  • Back in the day, SNL was great. Now it is just stupid, and unoriginal, and the writing is terrible.

4.2
    Saturday Night Live used to be good back in the day, and the classic episodes were also great.
    Even for most of the 80's and early 90's. Look at classic castmembers / characters, and most of todays skits cant even hold a candle to the classics. Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, Dan Ankroyd, Jon Belushi, David Spade, Don Cheadle, (not spelled correctly, I know), Mike Meyers, Dennis Miller, Adam Sandler, and even Will Ferrel. And some Characters/skits; Mr. Robinson, James Brown (i.e. In the hot tub), the ConeHeads, Blues Brothers, Curch Lady, Opera Man, Wayne's World, The Van down by the river guy, The more cowbell skit, etc. I would be hard pressed to name any recurring characters, or even many cast members today. The show has peaked a long time ago, i say cancel it and just run the classics. Todays writing is terrible, and most cast members show no passion for their work.
  • I find practically every SNL to be completely boring, unoriginal, formulaic, and adolescent. Tina Feys writing is horrible she should be fired. Having two women as cohosts of the news is worse than boring...its at times femin

0.6

Tina Feys writing is horrible she should be fired.

Having two women as cohosts of the news is worse than boring...its at times feminist and anti-male.

Tina Fey needs to be fired. The show used to have a strong cast of both men and women with strong political and social content.

Now the show is filled with strong and talented women but with weak, effeminate men mostly in drag or in gay characters. Its hardly worth watching and in fact...I no longer know anyone who watches the show...which is why I took the time to write.
  • True Masterpiece

Whether it was the careers of Eddie Murphy, Dan Akyroyd or Chevy Chase, this career has launched the career of many a comedian, particularly into the movies and it continues to do this.....Truly one of our great classics..Hope it stays on the air for many years to come....I think this show is truly influential....
  • pure crud!!

0.3
    a really ,really stupid show!!! nothing funny,,the writing is pure crap and the acting is so dumb it shold be called the saturday night "put me to sleep"show!! Why it is still running is any boadys guest!! please take it off the air,please?? it really stinks bad...thank's for leting me vent.
  • Best thing to do on a Saturday night at 11:30.

Saturday Night Live (Aka. SNL) debut on October 11, 1975 on NBC, audiences have been tuning in around the nation to see celeberties, either make a fool of themselves on live TV, or to see them as a fan. It is one of the longest running shows of American TV History. Every Saturday night, the show is broadcast live (exception for reruns after season finale), from Studio 8H, in the GE Building in New Yorks famed Rockefeller Center. Good news for the fans of the show, NBC has renewed SNLs Contract untill 2012. SNL has lifted the careers of many of our favourite stars, includng, Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler, Tracy Morgan, David Spade, Will Farrel, Ron Schnider, and many more. Some cast members who died after SNL Include, John Belushi who died from drug abuse, Gilda Radner from ovarian cancer, Chris Farley from drug abuse, and Phil Hartman who was killed in a homicide by his wife.
    The Show has been going on for over 15 years, and on October 1, 2005, the first SNL show was aired in high-defenition.
  • I LOVE the oldies but the new episodes....

SUCK i hate them, the most recent funny episode was the one with Will Ferrell as the host since then i havnt liked one episode, if i went to NYC and someone gave me free tickets i wouldnt want them, thats howmuch i hate this show now i wouldnt go to this show for FREE the old episodes are great, im so dissapointed with the people on this show, and i know its not their fault that they cant find funny people so i hope that soon we get some funny people on that show. Oh and the reason i gave this show a 6 is becuase i loved the oldies they deserve a 10 but the new ones should get a 1 so... ya
  • The actors on it make it funny, but love to see the guest appearances.

I actually never heard it before until a friend mentioned it to me in school. I watched it and loved it, funny, satirical, and brings something nice to watch at the end of the day. Also love Tina Fey though, she's cool, hot and geeky. Too bad she's part writer so usually only does the weekend update now, still funny. Sometimes though, their guest actors suck like Tom Brady (football quarterback). He was a horrible actor but they only brought him on cause his team won the super bowl third time in four years. Woopdeedoo, we want stars who can act, not some famous guy who plays sports.
  • Outrageous and creative sketch comedy from the most talented comedians/actors in the business of comedy.

The 31st season is off to a decent start. I must say that Amy Poehler is absolutely amazing and she has alot to do with the positive aspects of the show. The only thing that could make the show better would be MORE AMY. Weekend update rocks with Tina and Amy...I love the women in this cast! Tonights episode was decent, Jon Heder was not the best host, but was decent. Ashlee Simpson is ridiculous, though. I did not enjoy her performances at all. Just my personal opinion. However, anytime there is a Kaitlyn sketch from Amy, things are looking up.
  • One Of History's Best

Sure you heard about it, and no wonder, more than half the top commedians of all time (since it started about 30 years ago) spent some time in the show.
    I won't start nameing them cause i just have 100 words and it wouldn't be enough.
    But I'm completely sure that it's one of history's best.
  • "I beleive..." Review of SNL (Saturday Night Live)

The newer versions of SNL are hillarious and really funny, I love staing up late on Saturdays to watch it. I believe it is so funny, and I especially love the Weekend Update scenes. They have many guest stars and musical performances, which adds to the show. I love this series and i think it's great just the way it is...
  • season premiere was ok,,,,haven\'t seen the \"the 40 old virgin yet\" ,,,,,otherwise looking forward to better hosts and musical guests!! Tina Fey was pregnant and found out she gave birth 3 weeks ago.... did not know that Mia Rudolph was also expecting

i chose to give tonights season premiere is 7,,,,,it was ok and actually found myself laughing at a few scenes but was not my favorite by far and felt they could have done alot better with the first show of the season. Ashlee Simpson will be next weeks singing guest.
  • It\\\'s sad to see SNL not as great as it was in its heyday...

2.6
    I really think SNL has lost what made it great. The guests they have on there are pretty lame, unless you are someone who follows trends a lot....The only thing that even vaguely interests me about SNL these days is the musical guests..and an example of what I said before about \\\'trendy\\\' hosts..a great example(and this is a NASCAR fan saying this)....JEFF GORDON hosting in 2002, when they should, if they were gonna have a NASCAR guy on, the 2002 Champion Tony Stewart. Having seen Tony in person,he IS hugely popular..and a lot more funnier than Jeff was!! But I thought it was sorta funny when Steve Forbes guest-hosted...The best guest host IMO was when Ron Howard did SNL in the early 80\\\'s,forget which year though...I also remember Eddie Murphy and his characters like \\\"James Brown\\\" in the hot tub skit..and as Mister Robinson..but as far as the casts over the years,the ORIGINAL cast was the best(Gilda Radner and John Belushi RIP)..
  • It is still ok but just not what it used to be.

I liked this show when it had Will Ferrel and Chris Kattan. Now a days it's just not as funny as it used to be, much like The Simpsons in that respect. The show is good for a mild chuckle but no longer something I laugh out loud too. My thoughts are if Jimmy Falon doesn't laugh his way through the skits its just not as great as it used to be. I hope SNL gets better at another point in time but I fear after a show as long SNL has run it just can't stay funny forever. Don't get me wrong though, it still has its moment its just not what it used to be,
  • Hit rock bottom years ago

3.5
    Why won't it just end? SNL has been terrible for the past eight plus years and each year only accomplishes the seemingly impossible by being worse than the previous year.

The show had a great twenty-year run. However, it has been sliding downhill since then, especially after the departure of some of the "modern-era" greats like Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Chris Farley, et al.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8