Saturday Night Live

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 11, 1975 In Season

HelloStuart

Saturday Night Live Fan Reviews page 6 of 8

• Saturday Night Live is a popular sketch comedy show that originated in the 70's featuring a celebrity host each week and an ensemble cast of comedians.

Ever since the Chronicles of Narnia rap aired, some of the SNL Digital Shorts have not been as funny. I'd like to review for you the latest Digital Shorts and my opinions on them.

Young Chuck Norris- Jason Sudeikis is Doug Brogar, singing a rock n roll tribute to the young Chuck Norris(Andy Samberg). This one was okay, the lyrics were kinda funny and the actions of Andy Samberg were good, but overall it wasn't that great.

Close Talkers- It reminded me of Seinfeld. Two guys (Steve Martin & Will Forte) carry on a conversation standing two inches away from eachother. I was dissapointed at this one it wasn't that funny.

The Real Natalie- Now they're on to something! Natalie Portman raps about her real life smoking pot drinking and having lots of sex. I loved this seeing Natalie bust out all of those beep words was hilarious. Good one!

Lookalikes- In this one Seth Meyers, Andy Samberg and Will Forte try to find lookalikes of eachother. Seth and Will are hit dead on but Andy is compared to a fat homeless guy (Horatio Sanz). To prove they are wrong, Andy goes to stand next to him and then Will and Seth can't tell him apart. I'm pretty sure it was a spoof of a movie ive never seen. Either way I liked it. It wasnt the best I've ever seen, but it was funny.
  • hasn't been funny, or even relevant for about a decade.

5.2
    There's nobody on the show that can hold a candle to John Belushi, Dan Ackroyd, Steve Martin, and the original Not Ready For Prime Time folks. The second wave (Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, etc) were Ok too. It simply has run out of steam. The last halfway funny person they had was Norm McDonald.
  • At first it was funny now it's not.

At first it was funny now it's not.Some episodes aren't even funny, back in the 90's it was funny. In the 80's it was funny. In the 70's it was funny. But nowit's like abouch od idoits doing stupied things. Some are funny. 87 percent are not funny, and 13 percent is funny.
  • It's a good show. It's funny.

I enjoy it, but it's not my personal favorite, but I still put it on my favorite shows file. It's an ok show. It's not a completely amazing show. Some episodes are stupid, and sometimes they put the worst celebrities on the show. Not a bad show, but not an amazing show. It is funny. B+ in my book.
  • Used To be Great

Saturday Night Live used to be a wonderful show that I would watch every week. Now, I haven't been watching it lately because they have been running out of ideas. On the other hand, Mad TV is now superior to Saturday Night Live. Their jokes are fresh and not old. Also, it is on at an inconvienient time. I have to remember weekly to tape it, and sometimes forget. If Saturday Night Live wants better ratings they have to impress viewers by thinking up new and creative ways for entertainment. I sadly can only rate this show a sad 7.5.
  • FUNNY!!!!!!!

I think this show gets dumb at times but overall its funny. I think Mad TV ripped off Saturday Night Live but yet what doesnt get ripped off these days. I think they can work on the skits a little bit and maybe add some more jokes to the script.
  • ***NEWS FLASH*** BLACK HOLES ALIGN, WORST SNL IN HISTORY

1.9
    Last night 30 Rockefeller Plaza was the scene of the worst performance of an SNL troup in 30 years. Don't give me a 'judgement of a book by its cover' excuse by blaming Matt Dillon. At least he HAS an excuse coming off the most distracting week of his life just after the oscars. It's all he could do to keep his wheels from falling off this wagon. Dillon was showing lack of preparation but it would have helped if he actually had funny dialogue to work with! The Arctic Monkeys' second performance gave a musical equivelant to this comedic farce. I've heard "artists" say they are but only a mirror of society reflecting truth back at us. If that is the case then this performance captured why Rock music is losing its driving engine. Arctic Monkeys found nothing to say or withold in they're simplistic style. They are indicative of a society that has lost its soul with nothing to rebell against or care about. Uninspired writing, ill-prepared guest host, junior high band = SNL, March 11, 2006.
  • Bad Cast.

7.4
    Saturday Night Live was great. But not anymore. It was great in the early 90's with spade farley sandler etc. but they all left. it was relly good with ferrel hammond morgan but ferrel and morgan left. Now there's just a bunch of moderately funny castmates. Parnell and Hammond are usually pretty funny. Maya Rudolph sucks. The writing sucks. It's going downhill fast. They need someone to come on and save it. I think they should break out the big bucks and pay Dane Cook 500K an episode to be a regular on the show. When he hosted, it was the higheest rated episode of the season. Otherwise, this downward spiral wil continue and may even lead to the series' cancellation.
  • This is my grade for now and only now! I may be 13, but I can appreciate the old episodes, because those guys are featured in my favorite movies, and Harry Shearer does voices on The Simpsons!

Where are the goofy characters? Where are the good skits? Whatever happened to good stuff? Debby Downer is my favoirte character on there nowadays, and I've only seen one of those skits! I do a lot of comedy writing, and my writing is better than that crap on SNL nowadays! I'm also funnier than those cast members, and many people truly consider me funny. The bright spots are Rachael Dratch and Kenan Thompson, they're funny. Here's what they need to do. When I'm old enough, put me on the show, and maybe I can save it. Til then, pre-record episodes.
  • carol....isnt.....funny!

CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY CAROL ISNT FUNNY
  • Oh my, This Isn’t SNL!

1.1
    Oh, But it is! SNL, the once powerhouse of Saturday Night for stay at home TV Viewers has reached the bottom of the talent barrel.

After a long hiatus from watching SNL, I recently returned to see what is new these days. I was appalled to see terrible scripting, bad performances and crapping music entertainment.

Ah, no, this is not the SNL of 30+ years ago. But it’s not even the SNL of the 4 dead seasons during the early 90’s either. This series has run its course, and it’s over. By God, will someone please turn out the lights and close the door…and send these kids home for more talent lessons!
  • When a sketch doesn't suck, it's the greatest five minutes of the week!

The odd bad sketch comes about once-a-show, but the other hour and twenty minutes are pure genius. Now that The Lonely Island Trio, Andy Samberg and writers Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer, have made this 31st season the best in a while, especially with there SNL digital shorts which seem to be the highlight of every episode. The only thing wrong with SNL is the two week breaks they take between each show, they need to have more episodes, I can't get enough!
  • Last Saturday I watched one of the worst episodes of SNL of all time. This episode was ten-times worst than the Jon Heder/Ashlee Simpson episode. What were the SNL producers thinking when they asked Peter Sarsgaard to host? I mean c'mon. He sucked.

Throughout the entire show all did was chuckle a little bit. Peter obviously didn't study his lines. He kept look directly at the cue cards in every sketch. The only times I laughed was during the pirate sketch and Drew Barrymore's sagging boobs. I sware to god if I was the executive producer I would pull the plug. The show has ran it's course, the comedy is officially gone, and I think the 31 season is enough.
  • a show that will be remembered and watched for ever.

one of the best shows of all time. SNL is a unique and first of its kind halarious, exaderating, and willing to take it to the extreme... no other show like it can come close to touch it. with classic actors like Chris Farly and Adam Sandler and Will Farrel, it will be a hit for time to come.
  • Although I love this show I do believe it has outstayed it's welcome. Now the only funny things are Weekend Update and a couple of sketches. It just can't beat the old days.

I love Saturdya Night Live, but it is just not what it used to be. The glory days have passed and given many great comedians awesome nig breaks. But now it should simply end or get better writing, I am sorry. I feel I am betraying a show I adore becuse I am. But the fact is that Saturday Night Live just doesn't have the old pizzazz that it once carried. I do enjoy Weekend Update and The I'M CAROL sketches along with a few others, but besides that it has gone down hill and should end sometime soon, i think.
  • Peter Sarsgaard. Brilliant!

Tonight's Episode was amazing! I'm so proud of the writers. I enjoyed all of the sketches, especially the pirates, the hotel, shattered glass spoof, carol and young chuck norris. And the SARS Sarsgaard. just hysterical!
    Drew's (Barrymore) appearance was rather interesting...
    Peter was hilarious, and proved himself to be multi-dimensional as an actor.
    I look forward to any of his future projects.
    Way to go SNL!
  • Funny People doing funny things

This all time classic is brillantly created and has been not as funny this season for some odd reason it might be because the writers have been not as creative and actors and actresses are very funny but the skits aren't as funny. i don't know why that is. SNL
  • Saturday night live is like the best show. It has the best people that make you laugh. Like Tina Fey, Kenan, and others. One good episode is when they make fun of america 's next top model it was so funny. Linsay Lohan hosted that episode. Cold play profo

Saturday night live is like the best show. It has the best people that make you laugh. Like Tina Fey, Kenan, and others. One good episode is when they make fun of america 's next top model it was so funny. Linsay Lohan hosted that episode.Cold play sang ok ok.Tina Fey , Linsay lohan Kenan, other people made it very funny. But I dont like how they made fun of black men and women. They made cool cluse clan ken dolls. That was messed up. Also the episode was talking about black history month. There was only 3 blacks .
  • This show was great but as soon as Will Ferrall left the show has become boring, unintresting, and unorginal.

Ok Saturday Night Live when it goes off the air sometime before I die, it will probably be recognized as one of the greatest sketch comedy's on television.

However now the show has lost its luster. They keep milking the same humor over and over again, until you wonder why am I watching this? They try to tie in world events and do a Jon Stewart type of comedy, but they don't even come close to the Daily Show. Also some of the classic actors are gone like Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler. What is left are actors you've probably never heard of except for Jimmy Fallon, but he is really only known for looking at the camera and laughing during the skits. Oh, and all the crappy movies he starred in. The show as also lost it edge and original skits. There are to many "homosexual" skits, and it just isn't funny at all.

My advice to NBC cancel the show, or take a break and start from scratch, by hiring new writers and actors. Otherwise fans pop in your "Best of" DVDs.
  • Saturday Night Live is a classic show that uses comedy to portray current events that are happening during the week or recent weeks.

Saturday Night Live is an awesome show that is famous for its opening act and opening line “Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" The comedy is good because it makes quips at current events made done by politicians, celebrities and stupidity events that occurred. The most famous acts are the opening act and Weekend Update. Many actors on Saturday Night Live have become big stars such as Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and many others. The best episodes are when the era of Farley, Rock, Sandler and Myers ruled the show. However, today, the show just seems dry, and at times, it just seems unattractive. No sure whether it is the people or the acts. Even in such boring times, it is hard not to watch because of its legndary status.
  • If only they got smart...

This show used to be good, as many have said. The only thing SNL can do to save itself is to re-cast and re-hire writers. The only time this show was REALLY good was when they had Harvard writers (and Conan O'Brien) writing the jokes. Now, it's just a blunder. I bet the only way they can get the audience to laugh is to threaten them with electric-jolts if they don't. I will stick to watching the SNL that follows the first airing; at least they show the older and better episodes.
  • Not funny anymore...

This show is not really funny anymore. It's like the cast has to try really hard to just get a laugh, which shouldn't have to be the case. My favorite seasons were the ones with the cast that included Will Ferrell, Jim Bruer, Norm MacDonald, Cheri Oteri. They didn't have to try to be funny, they just were. The show isn't terrible, but it's not as good as it used to be.
  • LOve weekend Update

The only reason i still watch is for weekend update it is hillarious always makes my lungs hurt from laughing so much otherwise the show needs major surgery replace all of the skit writters they are terrible. but actors are really good. I miss Cheri oteri and Will Feral
    GO Spartins!
  • Its just not funny anymore. Its too long and probably the only sketch comedy show I can keep a straight face.

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. This show has gone completely downhill since David Spade left the show. It just isn't that funny anymore. This show needs better comedians, and better writers. One of the new guys could not do an impression of President Bush to save his life. I hate the new shows. To put it so that others can understand: This show should be taken off the air and replaced with anything before Tina Fey became a "head writer" leaving shows or fire all of the cast and the writers, and replace them with people that can actually write a good joke or two. Its just an hour and a half of the stupidest jokes and the stupidest sketches ever seen on a sketch show.Thank you, America, for ruining one of the best sketch shows on TV today. Cancel this crap fest and replace it with the good ones.
  • *Knock Knock* "Flowers for the lady of the house."

As a child growing up, this was one of my favorite television shows. I used to beg my dad to let me stay up on saturday nights so I could watch it. And don't even get me started on the re-runs, I would watch them every time I saw them on. To say the least, it was a staple in my tv viewing.
    Over the last decade however, this show has gone completely downhill little by little. The current actors are not anything compared to the comedians of the SNL alumni. Each show seems to be more and more repetitive and unoriginal. I suppose after 30 years it becomes hard to come up with new ideas for the same show, but that\'s what these writers get paid the big bucks to do.

Unfortunately, I must say that I think it\'s time to throw in the towel. Call it a wrap guys. Quit while you\'re not too terribly far behind. Stick a fork in it. SNL is done.
  • one of the greater live shows to air today. in the day we had a lot of great talent go on and become superstars. the parodys of shows were hilarious and you look marvelous was said by everybody i knew back in those days. too bad its in total turmoil.

okay who remembers charlie rocket saying the f word when he was playing jr ewing and got shot. well the weird thing about it is he committed suicide earlier this year and ate his gun. a lot of superstars started out on this show and great musicians lip synced too.
  • SNL is probably one of the most famous comedies with skits since the Carol Burnett Show and the Tracy Ullman Show from a loooooooooooong time ago.

I have only seen one episode of this show, as I have a busy schedule, but I laughed until I cried! Joan Cusack is by far one of the funniest actors/actreeses on the show. The "Patrick and Gunther Song" really made me laugh! I must see more of it! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • this show is a comedy no duh.its filled with various cast members , amazing guest stars and hilarious skits.this show will make you laugh out loud and soon it will be part of your saturday schedule.If you have one.it has been on for years and it is just g

ive loved tnis show forever i watch it with my dad and it is so not boring!its awesome, there is a great cast ,funny skits , great guest stars and hosts.this is the best thing to do on a saturday night.i love the old episodes with adam sandler and will ferrel.i never miss it!
  • Back in the day, SNL was great. Now it is just stupid, and unoriginal, and the writing is terrible.

4.2
    Saturday Night Live used to be good back in the day, and the classic episodes were also great.
    Even for most of the 80's and early 90's. Look at classic castmembers / characters, and most of todays skits cant even hold a candle to the classics. Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, Dan Ankroyd, Jon Belushi, David Spade, Don Cheadle, (not spelled correctly, I know), Mike Meyers, Dennis Miller, Adam Sandler, and even Will Ferrel. And some Characters/skits; Mr. Robinson, James Brown (i.e. In the hot tub), the ConeHeads, Blues Brothers, Curch Lady, Opera Man, Wayne's World, The Van down by the river guy, The more cowbell skit, etc. I would be hard pressed to name any recurring characters, or even many cast members today. The show has peaked a long time ago, i say cancel it and just run the classics. Todays writing is terrible, and most cast members show no passion for their work.
  • I find practically every SNL to be completely boring, unoriginal, formulaic, and adolescent. Tina Feys writing is horrible she should be fired. Having two women as cohosts of the news is worse than boring...its at times femin

0.6

Tina Feys writing is horrible she should be fired.

Having two women as cohosts of the news is worse than boring...its at times feminist and anti-male.

Tina Fey needs to be fired. The show used to have a strong cast of both men and women with strong political and social content.

Now the show is filled with strong and talented women but with weak, effeminate men mostly in drag or in gay characters. Its hardly worth watching and in fact...I no longer know anyone who watches the show...which is why I took the time to write.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8