Saturday Night Live

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 11, 1975 In Season

HelloStuart

Saturday Night Live Fan Reviews page 7 of 11

• Hugh Laurie Hosting, 11/25/06

I admit I haven\'t watched SNL in a Very long time, and just happened to have the right station on at the right time, not paying attention, usually in bed, and Hugh Laurie is one of if not my Favorite Actor and I could NOT believe what I was seeing. I was falling off the couch laughing. It was unbelievable. The talent that guy has is just unbelievable. I LOVED the \'Bob Dylan\' or whatever section, as he plays the piano on House. He is so multi-talented, and his transvestite role could not be beat. It was SO unvelievable, even my therapist loves him and House so I\'m ordering a DVD of the show and giving it to her as a very nice surprise. Excellent!!!
  • Every Saturday night, Satuday Night Live has made me laughing my head off for a long time. The skits are well done and are just hilarious, regarding current events in the US and abroad.

"Live from New York, It's Saturday Night!" Thats the classic quote you think of when refferring to Saturday Night Live. Filled with laughter and numerous skit, Saturday Night Live is a great show to watch in my view. The "news" casting (Amy) is well done. Overall, I think this show is excellent and will last for a long time. That is why I gave it a 9.5
  • A classic sketch comedy show that has consistently produced some of the most well-known actors throughout the last three decades.

I didn't even start watching this until two years ago. That was sophomore year, and it was pretty good. But since the end of last season and the beginning of this one, it as really been doing a nosedive. All the political ammo they have, but they choose to use little of it. when they do, it comes out ridiculous and shallow. And the borat sketch- omg. seriously! and even in the bad times the news update was good, but without tina fey it feels empty. she and amy had such a great dynamic. it's just not the same, and has lost much of its gotta-watch-it appeal.
  • I contemplated "Going downhill fast" as well, but I think it's time to let SNL go. NBC obviously doesn't have the money to devote to this show. So many great stars were fired. Terrible this season. And I used to LOVE this show. *Tear*

4.9
    *Previous review* Oh SNL, what would I do without you? Where would so many actors be without it? SNL was their big break! It's remains original in it comedic performances, and keeps the cast fresh with new and hilarious faces each year. I strongly recommend this show to add to your Saturday night watchin'.

But now, oh poor SNL is going down the tubes very quickly! I loved Tina Fey, but of course she had to go create a sitcom which in my opinion is very funny but it doesn't have a following and will probably get cancelled. *tear once again*
  • Gosh.

IF you don't know what SNL is about, you're from Mars. I mean seriously. Come on. Hey you. You know about SNL, right?
    OMFG!!! YOU DON'T!!!??? Fine I'll tell you... Saturday Night Live is a sketch comedy show that has run since the fall of 1975. Many now-famous actors and actresses such as Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, Paul Shaffer, Eddie Murphy, Joe Piscopo, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Martin Short, Damon Wayans, Joan Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., Dennis Miller, Phil Hartman, Jon Lovitz, Conan O'Brien, Mike Myers, Ben Stiller, David Spade, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, Norm MacDonald, Will Ferrell, and Tina Fey got their start from Saturday Night Live. SNL is still unique amongst other sketch shows because of the fact that it has always been live.
  • Trying to stay a SNL Fan

I used to be a big SNL fan, but I've drifted so far from it, and now only watch when I care about the host, and then I get depressed when I realize I missed a really good sketch. Truth be told, I recall the show douring it's heyday, with people you know were going to be big stars: Eddie Murphy, Jim and John Belushi, bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Dana Carvey, Julia Louise Dreyfuss and even Michael Myers who I can forgive for those horrible "Austin Powers" movies. Today, it seems the last really good talent from the show was the late Phil Hartman. No one measures up to him. Another thing, SNL is considered a comedy sketch series but its really a variety show. Why do they keep bringing garage bands on the show? To this day when I wach the show, I treat the music segments as a commerical break: "Is it back on yet?" "No, it's the band, you got time till it starts again." If I had my way, it'd be comedy all the way through and maybe let some of the old cast members return a bit often. Right now, I'm still favoring MadTV, but now that it's wasting time with a music segment, I'd rather switch on Court TV.
  • Saturday Night Live is still one of the funniest shows on T.V.

This is a one and only show. Nothing will or has been like this. Many special guests, celebrities, appearences, and music artists have been on this show. And some have been one more than once. My two favorite comedians that have been on this show are Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell. Those two have had a large amount of hilarious skits. Even the dvds of them are funny. They pick out a great selection of those old, but still hilarious skits. This is a terrific and hilarious show.
  • Still the greatest.

I can't believe that all the good people at Saturday Night Live are leaving! There are still really great people there like Seth and Amy but it won't be the same with Horatio, Tina and Rachel. I hope SNL will be the same even with some of their cast gone... Although Saturday Night Live hasn't been as funny lately, I still like it better than the really old episodes. Basically the only thing I look forward to are their fake commericials, the digital shorts, the weekend update and some of my favourite sketches. I will tune into 30 Rock because Tina and Rachel were so funny they would have to make 30 Rock just as good.
  • Once was great, now struggling

Oh SNL, whither your quality humor?

I wasn't even alive when the show first came out, but those classic episodes still blow away the newest amateur attempts at comedy.

Even the Adam Sandler-Will Ferrell days were better than the current schlock they put out there.

I'll still watch it, if not just for Weekend Update and yet another funny Alec Baldwin appearance. But for years SNL skits have been funny for the first minute or so, then drag on for WAY too long. If only they could cut their losses and realize humor in short, high-quality spurts is better than long-winded attempts at gallows humor.

But Lorne Michaels is a stubborn old git!
  • Still the best sketch comedy show on TV

Yes, it's gone through its ups and downs, and yes, nowadays might be one of those down times, but Saturday Night Live is still the best sketch comedy show on TV. This is probably due most in part to its unbeatable format. No other shows puts A-list stars in these situations and combines the comedy with top-notch musical performers. Plus, of course, it's "live", something rarely ssen these days. The regulars are talented although there doesn't seem to be any stand-out stars to be on these days. Then again, look where Adam Sandler has gone!
  • Only the memories are worth keeping . . .

The days that SNL made people laugh have long been over. I'd say, it's about 25 years past its prime. Slowly but surely, this has been on a gradual descent to the murky depths that it has now sunk to. I mean- Keenan of Keenan and Kel 'fame' is a regular, come on! This from a show that employed classic comedians like Eddie Murphy, Jim Belushi, Martin Short, Dana Carvey and Adam Sandler? What is going on?
    The sketches nowadays are just odd. Besides the political humor and parodies- which SNL does like no other, there is no point of continuing to watch or keep this show on! Not even off the chain, kick *** musical guests can draw me in to watch anymore!Pack it up Lorn!
  • My favorite sketch comedy show of all time. Even though these last three seasons werent doing it for me.

assss ssssssss sssss sssssss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ssssssss sssssssss sssssssssssssssss ssss ss sss ssss ssssssss ssss sssss ssssss sssssssss sssssssssss sssssssss sssss
  • For over 30 years, Saturday Night Live has always make us laugh at not only current events, but ourselves due to the ever-changing cast that happens every several years.

With SNL entering it's 32nd season, this happens to be a show that I've been watching for a very long time. I recall the Aykyord/Belushi, Murphy/Piscapo, Lovitz/Hartman, Farley/Spade, even the Ferrell/Kattan eras, and those eras will always have a place in my heart.

Despite the so-called "weak" seasons that I've been hearing about over the years (i.e., season 20), I totally don't care what everyone thinks of them and I say that they happen to be the most wonderful season(s) in my book.

Now with Tina and Rachel going onto their new show, 30 Rock, this Fall, I am going to miss them. To quote Green Day: "Wake Me Up When Summer Ends."
  • Saturday Night Live is a great show!

Saturday Night Live is very live! I love it because not one of the episodes that they air is unoriginal. Saturday Night Live also have the guest stars who are famous and also funny. I definitely remember the time when Ashlee Simpson went on Sturday Night Live and LIPSYNCED! That was so incredible!
  • Saturday Night live is one of the greatest shows ever. I don\'t know why people are saying its going down hill..

SNL is just as good now as it was in 1975 when it first started with Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner and other great comedians. The actors and writers may have changed over the years but the fact that Saturday Night Live is a hilarious show has never changed.
  • This was once a great show.

6.2
    Five years ago I would have rated this show much higher. However, in five years a lot has changed. Saturday Night Live use to be one of the funniest shows on television and now whenever I watch it there is the rare occasion that I laugh. A lot of the good comedians left this show. Don't get me wrong there are still a few good ones, but a lot of the better ones left. Also, the humor isn't as funny as it use to be. I miss the old Saturday Night Live episodes that I would actually enjoy watching and laugh. Now I rarely watch this show because I don't feel like wasting my time.
  • In the very past, I use to be a huge fan of SNL....that was then; this is now. The show has rapidly become a distant shadow of itself. The repetitivism wouldn't be so bad if it was fresh. The show seems to has lost the hunger of stretching itself.

5.7
    SNL seems to have lost its desire to be fresh, new, and innovative.It has settled to rest on its laurels and depend on past alumunis to carry it through.I realize it is suppose to be a live show,like Mad TV, but can they at least be familiar with the dialog so as not to be obliviously staring at the teleprompt thus distracting totally from any acting the scene might need..unlike Mad Tv. SNL's skit use to be seamlessly real,funny, and memorable....like Mad Tv skits are now. ry naming a recent recurrent character from both SNL and Mad TV,DUH!That's what I mean!
  • whats going on as some would say .... i think the show has its moments but before the 90\'s ended its \"glory days\" were as it seemed never ending...

i mean honestly people look at all the famous people who have been a part of snl i think ..ya im gunna make a lil list for you all ...
    chris farley
    Norm MacDonald
    Jay Mohr
    Ana Gasteyer
    Horatio Sanz
    thats not all my point for all of this is how can a show with this much popular people and funny heros be given a 5 thats a load ... at least a perfect .... the cast and its hosts are all and everyone who is at least a little bit famous shows like this one are hard to come by if at all .... snl is the show of the tv not these stupid shows like so u think you can dance or american idol ... no none of those even deserve to be compared to snl .... with its allstar casts from its very beggining .... to modern day cast which i will admit its going downhill seince chris farley died (rest his soul) but for gods sake people give it a 10.00 ... thanks for your time

timmyman4469@yahoo.com if u want to email me ....
  • boring please don't read this.

6.4
    This show used to be good. It used to make me laugh out loud. Now I think to myself how could anyone like this? It was good in the 90s. The writting is bad and so is acting. Bring back the old episodes and forget new ones. This show is just going downhill. I don't really care about this show its just meanlly talking and boring. Every time I see this on the guide I just skip it Like I never seen it before. I can't believe I'm still talking about this boring show so o'm just going to stop typing.

• Are you kidding me, how does SNL have a 8.5

Saturday Night Live is a great freaking show. I have only watched about 30 episodes, but they always manage to be hilarious. Their competitor MAD TV on comedy central, is left in the dust compared to the success and humor displayed in Saturday Night Live. I especially enjoyed the Lindsay Lohan episode, not just because lindsay Lohan is really really hot, but because the skits on their were pretty funny. Not as good as some others, but they were "ok" funny. Yeah, never mind I think the only reason I enjoyed that episode was because Lindsay is really hot. Anyway, SNL Deserves much more than a 8.5 rating, it is one of the most entertaining shows I have ever seen.
  • SNL is probally the worst attempt at comedy.

This show is pretty useless and is not the greatest show. I do not recommend anyone watching the recent episodes. I would recommend watching the Eddie Murphy era for a good giggle. This show is not funny at all.. The show had its peak but is now on a destructive path.
  • It used to be good! Around the time Will Ferrell left in 2002, it went downhill FAST.

I have never seen every episode, but there are many that I love. For example, I loved the cast of the early 90's, with Rob Schneider, David Spade, Chris Farley, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, Kevin Nealon, and Adam Sandler. Some of my favorite comedians have come out of SNL, like Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler. However, it seems like they're not even trying anymore. I have seen some newer episodes and while there are funny moments occasionally, it's like they don't even care. These people are like just random people they picked out from the bus station. I don't even understand how they got jobs. Overall, I'm giving this show a 7.0 ONLY because even though it wasn't always consistently funny, it used to be really good. If I were to rate the show from about 2003-now, I'd probably give it a 4.0 at most. (It would be lower, but I like Darrell Hammond and Tina Fey so the show doesn't completely suck)
  • 31 years and counting...

Since SNL only airs in America and I live in the Land Down Under, I'd never seen the show until they released a couple of "Best of" DVDs here which I decided to try out since I was always curious as to what the show involved and while I've only seen a three or so hours whereas many fans would have seen weeks worth of episodes, I still think the show is remarkable because while a lot of sketches die quickly, a lot of talented actors started out here, more than I would have imagined, my favourite sketches coming from Chris Rock and Adam Sandler who seem to have some very good sketches.

Overall, while I'll never see a full episode of SNL, I do know that the show has some sidesplitting sketches and some dreadful ones, but the acting will always be the best part of the show.
  • It used to be good.

5.5
  • Isn't really that funny.

5.4
    Okay, I've watched this show a few times and I couldn't laugh at all! It just wasn't that funny. The only thing I could do that was close was smile. Nothing further than that. Well, okay. There were actually some things in that show that were kinda funny. It just depends on who's in the sketch like David Spade and the times when they had Kids in the Hall cast members once.

Another thing about this show is that some people talk about it too much. It's okay but it's not something I would watch when I'm having a bad day. So I'm sticking with Monty Python and Kids in the Hall.
  • I miss the OLD OLD shows--the original "Not Ready For Prime Time Players"

I think Gilda Radner should have made it on the front of this. Her, Jane Curtain, JOHN Belushi, Chevy Chase etc etc really MADE this show. Ever since all of the originals were gone, I've been disappointed in it--I laugh but not nearly as much as I do even when I watch reruns of the original SNL.
  • satutday night live is sketch comedy show that has been airing from the early seventies to today. It has featured many of todays top comeidians, actors, and musicians.

it has gone down in my book for the last 3 years it has not lived up to its full potential like it did years ago. It was better when will ferrel, chris farley and everybody else was on the show. I am dissapointed on what the producers have shown in the past years. I believe saturday night live does not have the spark it did in the seventies through the early thousands. I know some of you might now agree with me, but in my opinon, this show pretty much sucks today. Mad tv continues to put out a funny show every week, saturday day night live has not done that for me.
  • Random skits spoofing on current events.

Hilarious is one word to describe Saturday Night Live. I cant remember ever seeing a part that was not funny, or the actors or actressess try too hard. The scripts are just incredible, and even the TV fun house cartoons are captivating! My favorite seasons were the one's with Jimmy Falon and Will Ferrel, but i love every seasonnow. I especially love Tina Fey.
    The hosts are great, and i dont think theyve ever picked a bad one, except maybe Lindsay Lohan, who im not particularly fond of. It's my dream to get 4 tickets to S N L, so if anyone has some.. im open :)
  • An all-time hit...

Anyone who is anyone in Hollywood has appeared on SNL throughout it's 30 plus years on the air. Most of the well known movie stars of today were a cast member of SNL back from the early days to the 80s and 90s and todays cast is tomorrows future stars. My personal favorite period of SNL was during the late 80s and early 90s when some of the cast members were Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, David Spade, Rob Schenider, Dennis Miller doing Weekend Update and Norm MacDonald. The skits, the phrases and the variety of hosts and musical guests have made the show an all-time hit. Saturday Night Live will live on in television history as one of the best spanning over 3 decades.
  • used to be a great, funny sketch show

Oh, I remember the good all days, kicking back on a Saturday night, watching SNL and laughing my little butt off, The cast was on top of there game, the writers ware even higher. Nailing each episode with great laughs. But now what has SNL become? A BAD SHOW. I watched a few episodes back, the one with Lindsey Lohan and I didn't laugh ONCE, not once. You would think they itleast get ONE laugh. I mean ever since Tracy Morgan and Will ferral left, the show hasn't been the same. I do like Kenon Thompson, his a funny guy, I remember watching him when he was on "All that" So he kinda makes the show better. but I don't know, I used to love this show and now, its whatever, I say, the show better get it together and fast! Because I'm starting to watch Mad TV now, and i must say, its much better then SNL at the current time
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11