Saturday Night Live

Scarlett Johansson/Arcade Fire

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Nov 13, 2010 on NBC

6.4
  • Girls today wouldn't know class if it tried to kiss them, and puked in their mouth...

Tonight's host is Scarlett Johansson with musical guest Arcade Fire. Scarlett Johansson has hosted twice before, and does a good job. Arcade Fire is my personal favorite band, and they appaered on the show back in 2007 to promote "Neon Bible". But, this time, they are promoting "The Suburbs" which was released in August. I'm excited!

China Press Conference: This was an exact remake of the cold opening a year ago with host Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I did not laugh or even smile once during this whole thing. Who copies a sketch this badly?!

Monologue: Scarlett, Dina, and Kesha sing together to talk about how girls don't have class anymore. It was a fun monologue, but Abby's gotta work on her Kesha. It sounded more like a Bjork impression than a Kesha impression. Kesha has a more confident and annoying voice than that.

Maternity Television Network: This was a good take on how obsessed with pregnancy MTV has been lately.

Millionaire Matchmaker: This was actually a really funny sketch. Vanessa as Candace was really funny. I loved Scarlett's trashy, mean character, and Bobby and Abby's out-there characters.

The Manuel Ortiz Show: This was pretty fun to see back. Obviously not as good as the Betty White version, but still acceptable.

Unstoppable: I'm glad they used Jay's Denzel again. This was a really funny commercial, because the promo really was this over-the-top dramatic.

Hollywood Dish: I don't mind this sketch, even though this is some what of the same formula. But, I did enjoy "our moms are here" line. Plus, I enjoyed how ridiculously Bill trashed Kristen with the slushy and bowl.

Musical Performance: Arcade Fire performs "We Used to Wait", which is their latest single, if I'm correct. Great song, and a great performance.

Weekend Update: Update was good tonight, and Bush and West's commentary was the best part. Fred and Vanessa's commentary as the cruise couple was also a great addition to Update. I loved Fred's one line, "Would you?" in response to interrupting Bayer's old lady character.

St. Kat's Middle: This was a hilarious sketch, just because of Kenan's depressed reaction. The sketch was so stupid, that it was funny.

What Was That?!: This was a really funny short, just because of Andy's stupid complaints. The short got so bizarre once Arcade Fire entered too. It was a good short.

A Treat From Paula Dean's Kitchen: This sketch was pretty bad. Kristen's Paula wasn't even that good, and the actual sketch was just one big fat joke of Paula Dean. The writing was so undriven, and not funny.

Musical Performance: I was so pleasantly surprised to see Arcade Fire perform "Sprawl (Part II)". This is probably the best song on the album, in my humble opinion, and I was glad they did it.

Stars of Tomorrow: This sketch was pretty decent, and the over-hamming and non-acting from Johansson and Bayer was pretty hilarious. Their voices were so annoying, and so fitting for some child actors.

Mike's Busteria: This was a standard "Mike's ..." sketch, and I didn't mind it. I knew it was inevitable, and at least they knew to put it in the 10-to-one sketch.

Tonight's show was, yet again, another good one. The awesome streak, as it seems, continues. Scarlett was a great host, once again, with her playing all types of roles. Arcade Fire was, by far, my favorite musical guest of the season. There were some weak parts of this show, but, most of it was enjoyable.

Next week: Anne Hathaway returns as host with musical guest Florence and the Machine.