Saturday Night Live

Taylor Swift

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Nov 07, 2009 on NBC

7.8
  • Taylor Swift was pretty bad, but I thought the cast themselves really came together.

I knew Taylor Swift was going to be God-awful at hosting, mostly because she has ZERO acting experience besides CSI (and that's not saying much). However, I found myself laughing at cast members I don't usually laugh at and laughing at skits that appeared to be stupid but actually ended up surprising me.

The cold open was pretty good but not the best.. I always love it when they ignore Fred Armisan's character, such as in the Ryan Reynolds episode where they just skip over his guy in Family Feud. And Taylor Swift's monologue was probably where she was the most comfortable, which isn't great, because the song got old fast.

After this, there was a series of sketches that were all somewhat solid, some more than others. I really liked anything Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig did. Hollywood Dish and the Penelope skits were great, and the T.R.A.A.A.A.P.D (might be one too many there) skit was pretty good as well (they were all pretty true and everybody's experienced at least a few of those). I wasn't a huge fan of the Scared Straight, mostly because Taylor Swift seemed extremely awkward and it completely ruined the scene for me. Jason Sudekis jumping on the table was hilarious though.

For the most part, I liked this episode. Taylor Swift was a strike-out, but the cast was pretty strong. And January Jones from Mad Men is here next week, which should be pretty interesting.