Saturday Night Live

Thursday Night Live (1)

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Oct 09, 2008 on NBC

• He didn't O.J. break up with her... he just broke up with her....

Before I start, I wanna admit that I was wrong. I thought that the Orville Willis Forte IV name was a fake for a laugh, which would have been extremely lame, but that actually is his real name.

But, anyways, part 1. Part 1 of 3. SNL is ready for prime-time. We'll see if they can do it.

2nd Presidential Debate: As expected, they opened with the 2nd presidential debate. I guess they NEEDED Parnell again. But, most of t e sketch was funny. SNL has finally learned that they can't rely a long skit on one premise. They jumped all over the place, with John pacing, audience member's creepy reading skills, and what not. The Bill Murray cameo was way unexpected, but awesome.

Weekend Update: Most of the jokes were funny. Immediately when Kenan went on, I did the sign of the cross. I'll admit, the writing wasn't funny, but I laughed everytime when Kenan said "Fix it!!!" Also, they did another "REALLY!??!" which was great! The "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" was a hilarious touch. Afterwards a commercial break, Amy and Seth did about 6 more jokes, then Hall & Oates came on to wrap it up. They sang their song "You Make My Dreams Come True" twisting it to a political taste. I'll give them points for original content.

In conclusion, I'm not sure how to rate this. A 7.0 is kind of wierd for a 30 minute program of SNL. But, most of it was enjoyable. It's going to be wierd what they do next week with Update. They'll have another 12 minute Update on Thursday, then like a 2 minute Update on Saturday. But, for now, the cast can enjoy their 3 day break.

This week is a repeat of Phelps/Wayne. Dear god.

Next Thursday is part 2 of Update Thursday.

Next Saturday, my birthday, is host Josh Brolin, and musical guest Adele.