Saturday Night Live

Zach Galifianakis/Vampire Weekend

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Mar 06, 2010 on NBC

7.4
  • Maybe it's because Zack is from NY, but why was everyone dying of laughter so badly?

Didn't mind this episode too much. It was okay at best. Some good parts and some not funny parts = overall meh. Zach G... (yeah, lazy to spell it out) delivered a great opening monologue. Grade: A (I loved when he snapped at the SNL band). Opening: Political... not that funny. Grade: D

The Kissing Family: best part was the dog though, have to say. Overall, just meh, done already. Grade: C

The Bidet: I actually liked this one. A little over the top, but well done. Grade: A-

Zach Appears On Set: I agree with -thefanof-. It was kinda dumb. I don't know why everyone was laughing so hard? I guess Zack just looks so out of place. But him just standing there doesn't make me laugh. I did like the Law and Order bit though. Giving this a Grade: B- Weekend Update: Have to agree, it was pretty weak. Keenan as Monique wasn't that great. Grade: C+ (even the news headlines weren't that great this week).

What's Up With That: Not bad... Kinda getting repetitive now though. Give it about a B- overall.

Final Sketch: Thought it was okay as well. Not that great though, but slightly funnier than some others. Grade B.

Overall: Zack is funny (I've seen his standup), but I don't understand why the audience laughed so hard when Zack just stood there most of the time? Probably b/c he's from NY, just like most of the audience.