Saturday Night Live

Zooey Deschanel/Karmin

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Feb 11, 2012 on NBC

• I know it's never gonna be like it was in the 90s but...

SNL hasn't been the same since Tina Fey left, that's for sure, but boy does it need a change. First of all, the most unfunny guy since Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers has got to go. He's not good enough as a head writer and he definitely lack the panache to host Weekend Update. You can't be as nice as him hosting Weekend Update! I follow probably close to 50 comedians on Twitter, Seth Meyers was the only one to praise Madonna's Superbowl performance. I rest my case.

This episode was a bit, a bit better than usual. The Clint Eastwood commercials get a pass from me. Tarran Killam's English accent was abysmal, I mean if he can't do it, well he just shouldn't! On the contrary, his rendition of Michael Cera was excellent, I actually laughed. Zooey's Mary Kate Olsen was superb too. Les Jeunes de Paris sketch was a good idea but how much script was there? 2 lines? That's the writers of SNL ladies and gentlemen, phoning it in, week in week out. Crab Blast sketch was a disgrace to comedy. A five-year-old could've written something so pathetic! And English Penpals, it made my stomach turn!