Wedding In Vegas

boildacabbage

[1]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 14
    Where was Lesley Burke in the TV movie 'Wedding In Vegas'? Lisa, Alex and Jessie attended the wedding but Lesley was nowhere to be seen which is strange because she wanted to be Kelly's maid of hounour in the last episode of the college years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 38
    I liked Leslie. In fact, I thought she was the best looking one in The College Years. I also have also wondered why she didn't take part in Vegas since practically everyone else ever involved in the show did.

potter325

[3]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    I think it was something to due with the budget and they decided to have Jessie in the film instead of ALex because Jessie was more associated with the Zach/ Kelly love story.

boildacabbage

[4]Apr 19, 2006
    potter325 wrote:
    I think it was something to due with the budget and they decided to have Jessie in the film instead of ALex because Jessie was more associated with the Zach/ Kelly love story.
    What??? Jessie and Alex were in the movie!!! I'm wondering why Leslie wasn't in it...

Teddy_Love

[5]May 6, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yeah, but it did turn out okay at the end.

boildacabbage

[6]May 21, 2006

Teddy_Love wrote:
    Yeah, but it did turn out okay at the end.

Yep.

bricoleur

[7]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    In reality it might have been that he actor or the director didn't want to be in the movie. For fiction reasons she might have had a falling out.

SMGslayer97

[8]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 34
    I noticed but I figured the actress couldn't do it for whatever reason. And of Jessie, Alex, Lisa, and Lesley she was the least associated to Zach and Kelly. Lisa and Jessie were around when they were in high school and were pretty much Kelly's best friend. Alex was Slater's girlfriend for a little but so it would make sense that she would be closer to Zach, Kelly, Slater, and Screech the high school gang that went to college together. Lesley was sort of the off one out in that sense.

chartah

[9]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 21
    And why wasn't Tori there as well??

SMGslayer97

[10]Feb 11, 2007
    chartah wrote:
    And why wasn't Tori there as well??

Tori...sounds familiar but I'm not placing her.

chartah

[11]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 21
    She was the replacement for Kelly and Jessie during parts of season 4/5.

SMGslayer97

[12]Feb 22, 2007
    chartah wrote:
    She was the replacement for Kelly and Jessie during parts of season 4/5.

Oh right, well there's youe answer. She was a replacement, she wasn't meant to stick around.

clockworx23

[13]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 17

bricoleur wrote:
    In reality it might have been that he actor or the director didn't want to be in the movie. For fiction reasons she might have had a falling out.

I agree in that the actress that played Leslie probably either had other priorities or didnt want to be associated with the show.  I think it was around a year in-between the filming of the last College Years episode and The Wedding in Las Vegas.  It was kind of weird that she was the only one not there though.

DarkBride

[14]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 16
    The showing of the last regular episode was on February 8, 1994, and you have to assume that the filming was at least a month before that. The Wedding TV movie was aired on October 7, 1994, 8 months later. I am sure by the time filming of the Wedding movie came around, the cast was open to do other projects and when the actress who played Leslie was approached, she was already signed on to do The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (TV movie) and had scheduling conflicts. That has to be it, because I dont see why the writers would just cancel her character out after she was in all the college episodes, especially with what happened in the 'Wedding Plans' episode. Although I also dont see why they didn't just go ahead and script Alex as a bridesmaid. Who knows with Hollywood. They are always doing crazy stuff.

DrGreene422

[15]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 12
    Tori was a temporal anomaly and doesn't really exist in the SBTB universe. If you asked any of the characters, they would have no knowledge of who this person was. Therefore, someone who doesn't exist cannot attend a wedding.

gwen13579

[16]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    LOL to the above post about Tori!!!

And I think it was more important that the original cast reunited, rather than worry about people like Leslie (although once again it does promote SBTB's lack of continuity). I just thought it was nice to have Zack and Kelly's oldest friends in attendance, because these are the people who they hung around with the longest and they knew them better.

th77

[17]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 24
    Back to Tori, she was really not connected to Kelly at all. The best way to describe her would be as someone Zack dated briefly who became friendly with Lisa. So it would not make sense to have her attend. She was Zacks ex,while on a break from Kelly(since they wound up together in the end) and not one Kelly knew. If she'd been brought in for the movie, I would have wanted to know where Stacy Carosi was.. As for Leslie, one could figure that she couldn't get to Vegas for the wedding. As for her arguing over being maid of honor that was stupid,her and Kelly were roomates for like one year,not even and Lisa and Kelly had been best friends since 9th grade that whole thing was pointless.. The wedding party was as it should be Screech,Slater and Kelly,Lisa. If she'd been in it as well then Zack may as well have had Mike in it or maybe better yet we could've brought back that kid Mikey from when he was in junior high,lol.. I think they had just the right people in the movie,maybe Leslie should have attended but it didn't seem so unbelievable that she did not.

JavaJunkie4Life

[18]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 25
    yeah,when watching the wedding in vegas i noticed leslie wasn't there, but i didn't find it completely off the wall or anything. now if lisa or jessie hadn't been there, then that would've been a completely different story.
    and as for the tori thing..lol..i just really think that she was a temporary substitute and ultimately she didn't matter. just a filler, nothing more.

peach_25

[19]Jun 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    I didn't mind that Leslie wasn't there. It didn't really matter to me. She was Kelly's roomate for a year oh well. The only reason Kelly asked her to be her maid of honour in the episode was because Lisa and Jessie weren't there and she was closer to her than she was to Alex.