Saved by the Bell: The College Years

NBC (ended 1994)

Saved by the Bell: The College Years Fan Reviews (17)

• I want to know the song that they played when Kelly and Zack got married in Vegas while going back over the years when they were together. does anyone know what it is????

I loved this show!! Favorite was Mario Lopez of course!! Couldnt get enough of him. This show went off air way to early though!! Favorite episode was when Zack and Kelly finally get married in Vegas. I NEED to know the song that they played when Kelly and Zack got married in Vegas while going back over the years when they were together. Does anyone know what it is???? I even tried to find it using my phone where you can hold it up to the music and it will find the song but it keeps coming up NO MATCH!! I am getting annoyed!!
  • The reason I gave Saved by the Bell's spin-off a very low rating was because it left too early so we didn't really get to see much of it. Even thought the story lines were okay, many people missed Jesse and Lisa which were one of the most loved...

...characters of the original series. The few episodes that did air were not bad but they were not great. I think this show didn't succeed because people expected so much of it because of the original series and when they got an average comedy show, people were disappointed. The adding characters of Alex Tabor, Leslie Burke, Mike Rogers, Professor Jeremiah Lasky, and Dean Susan McMann were good characters that interacted with the original cast very well and none of them sucked when it came to acting. I'm glad that they still run this show in TNT on the mornings because I honestly think that people would have forgotten about this spin-off which didn't succeed very much. Overall it is a good show to watch when you're bored.
  • Spinoff of Saved By The Bell.

Who came up with this? I am in love with Saved By The Bell, the original one. But, this one is stupid. Kelly and a professer? Wow, real original. Did they come up with that in their sleep? I hated it mainly because it got rid of their squeaky clean image that is the reason I fell in love with the original show. But, I gave it a five instead of the two that it deserves because of the finale. Lisa and Jessie came back! I loved them. And of course the fact that Kelly and Zack finally got married! But, I have seen every episode.
  • Left to early!

I guess it's too late to bring the show back, but I really believe that Saved By the Bell: The College Years ended much too early. I mean, we only got to see the gang during their freshman year of college. Then, Zack and Kelly got married and we never heard from them again.

I wish the show had been renewed for a few more seasons. With them in college, the storylines were still fresh. I would have liked to have seen how Zack and Kelly handled juggling their marriage and college.

But, maybe they would not have gotten married if the show wasn't going off the air. If that was the case, I'm sure the writers and producers could have come up with some more, fresh scripts.

Either way, the show ended way too early.
  • Saved By the Bell: The College Years was a Great Spin-off of Saved by the Bell!

I picked up watching Saved By the Bell This Year. Way After it ended. I have a trend of Picking up Cancelled shows. Well I loved it and Have been hooked to it and I watch it Ever morning & 12:00PM. The College Years was a great Spin-off, but it just didn't Pull me in that Much. To bad it only lasted for 1 Season. I loved the Idea of them making the TV Movie of Zach's and Kelly's Wedding! It's Been 11 Years Since the Show ended, you think by now they would have a reunion of the show. But I did hear they were making a New Saved By the Bell TV movie but as of July, 2006 it was Cancelled!! WHAT! I can't Belive They Did That!!!! Well I'm off to Watch Saved By the Bell!!!
  • Not a favourite of many SbtB fans, but...

I personally enjoy this show much better than the original series. Although the humour is still pretty corny, I find it a little less juvenile, and a little more witty than the humour of the original Saved by the Bell. Leslie and Alex are refreshing additions to the original cast, and not merely replacements for Jessie and Lisa. It doesn't have the same goofiness of the original series, but it deserves a look.
  • a great spin-off of saved by the bell

I loved how this show just continued the great adventure of Zach, Slater, Kelly, and Screech into college. It helped wrap up their high school years. Saved by the Bell in general was a great show. Zach was like the big man on campus but not at the same time. All of them were great in this show. Some shows you just wish wouldn't go away. This is one of those.
  • great show, but nothing to write home about

This is the third show in the Saved by the Bell series and while it is way better then "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" it isn't better than "Saved by the Bell." Saved by the Bell is a cult hit (almost a classic) and it is hard to make a great follow-up and by the looks of it they didn't try very hard and that's why this show falls short. There were some good episodes but the majority fell short. If you're a Saved by the Bell fan then you should check it out but it really is not that good.
  • ARGH!

Stop trying! The original was way better and more funnier than this. What the flippin' **** is going on? I could not even sit through one episode of this. This was so bad, i could have nailed a list of complaints on the door of the network that aired this. They need to stop trying and let the best stay.
  • The college years, might have been a risk doing it, but with those 4 same characters from school days, it turned into being a hit, for me anyways! Saved by the bell/the college years was the start for all other teen school shows! Brilliant!

When i first started watching the college years i started thinking to myself that this was going to be gr8, the storylines were gr8, except for the those two new girls who were annoying!
    zack, slater, screech and kelly - class
    we need a reunion, what do u think?!
    we need them to be back toghther for a one off episode, they maybe older but they\\\'re great!
    bring them back peter engel!
  • Saved by the Bell: The College Years was a spin off the original show Saved by the Bell depicting the life of college students at CU with some new characters. It was showed in the prime time slot unlike the original.

Saved by the Bell: The College Years was perhaps a little better than the original Saved by the Bell only because the plots and storylines were not as lame. The show portrays the characters adventures at college. The main characters are much like the original with Zack, Kelly, A.C., Sam with new characters consisting of Leslie, Alex and Mike, the football player. Overall, the show is decent with some good parts. For example, the best episode was the Ethics one where Zack had to make a ethical decision on whether to cheat on the exam or not because the professor deliberately place the exam for them to have access to it. Otherwise, it was the lame adolescent show that we love to hate.
  • IT IS A SUPERSHOW!!! read more on the next page........???

Here in The Netherlands, they cancelled the show because they wanted other shows on that channel.
    And now I can't see Saved by the bell: The College Years anymoro!!!:-( And that is a bad thing!!! But to all the peoples out there who also like Saved by the bell and the actors of the show...........
    go to www.markpaulgosselaar.net, www.mariolopez.net and www.tiffanithiessen.com.
    SEE YALL LATER!!!!
  • saved by the bell collage years, i thought the show was good, it was alright acting but.. needed more work to it. but love to have it on boxset.

saved by the bell collage years, i remember it use to air on tv. long time ago, when i was a child. i use to watch it.. and notice there wasn\'t that many episodes to the show, what was wrong with the show, why didnt it last. just wish it lasted some seasons.. anyone have any clue if saved by the bell collage year\'s ever going to be on dvd? i know this isn\'t a perfect review. but i thought of the show was something good didnt last but. why? anyone know. please contact me on yahoo as the_cure_1984_69..hope to hear from ya soon.
  • A sequel to Saved By the Bell, Saved By the Bell: The College Years took us the through the college years of the same kids withe the exception of two new characters that replaced Lisa and Jessie. It went downhill fast, surviving only 18 episodes before it

5.5
    I loved Save By the Bell and watched Saved by the Bell: the College Years because I wasn't ready to say good-bye to the show. But watching reruns now, I realize how cheesy and weird the college years was. The two new characters annoyed me but I loved Kelly and Zach and their relationship. Even though I watched the show and liked it because of my love for the characters, it wasn't the same without Jessie and Lisa and therefore wasn't as good as Saved by the Bell.
  • This one was about several new people along with Slater,Zach,Kelly,and Screech.I think the original was better.

I enjoyed this a lot but I thought the original was way better than this one. I found Lisa and Jessie more interesting than the other people that replaced them in the college years. This one was still good though. If Kelly, Zach, and Screech weren't on this one it would have really bombed. Screech being the funny one along with Zach and Kelly being the desire of Zach.
  • About the Bayside kids graduating from high school and entering college. They learn that high school is nothing like college and they get into new situations and meet many new people and make friends. It's morely based on Kelly and Zack's romantic relatio

2.4
    I don't really care too much for this show. I liked the orignal series better. I don't think that they should have made a show about them going away to college. I think that they had enough of Saved by the Bell when they did the original series and the Saved by the Bell: The New Class. I wouldn't recommend having this on DVD unless you are a fan. But for myself personally, I wouldn't.
  • Saved By The Bell: The College Years wasn't as good as the original "Saved By The Bell" but it was still fabulous!

The gang is now in college at California U, excluding Jessie and Lisa, but two new characters, Alex and Leslie, replaced them. It would've been better if Jessie and Lisa were in the show but Leslie and Alex were two new interesting characters and added something new.

During the shows only season the Bayside kids learn fast that college life is a lot different than what high school was. There are great new social situations and life lessons, including Kelly falling in love with her teacher, Screech getting a girlfriend, throwing a rave, and the true personalities of some celebrities. The best part of this spin off though would have to be Zack and Kelly finally getting married. I would definitely recommend this for fans of the original "Saved By The Bell" and I believe the only way to watch it now is to either rent of buy the DVD. I chose buy and I am not disappointed!