Dustin Diamond as Screech

ireeagle

[1]Feb 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    I understand that some of you liked him in the New Class and some of you don't. But some of you don't understand why he came to the New Class.

The reason why is because that his role as Screech in the original class wasn't popular to his own level. IN the original class, his role was popular to the people under his level. IN the new class, he started okay in seasons 2 and 3 of the new class, but starting in season 4, he was reduced to a virtual cartoon character. The New Class may not be as popular as the original, but Dustin did a better job in the new class than in the original class and his role was popular in the new class.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sparty_On

[2]Mar 10, 2006
    I agree Screech was good in seasons 2 & 3. He was alright in season 4 season 5 he started going off the walls Cartoon as you said I saw it more in season 5 maybe he started to in 4.

ireeagle

[3]Aug 7, 2006
    Any other comments?

buffyjl

[4]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 20
    Screech was hilarious with Mr.Belding. Their relationship was like Steve Urkel and Carl.

Sparty_On

[5]Nov 10, 2006
    I couldn't stand Screech in season 6 & 7.

ireeagle

[6]Nov 25, 2006
    Dustin Diamond earn lots of money in this new class and also got good criticism on himself than this whole show.

SillySophie

[7]Jul 9, 2009
    I just remember I would tape the show on Saturday mornings and then fast forward through all of Screech's scenes when I watched it later. Going straight to the New Class right after the original was finally officially over (the College Years ended and the Vegas wedding movie was made)did absolutely nothing for Dustin's acting career.

ireeagle

[8]Aug 1, 2009
    SillySophie wrote:
    I just remember I would tape the show on Saturday mornings and then fast forward through all of Screech's scenes when I watched it later. Going straight to the New Class right after the original was finally officially over (the College Years ended and the Vegas wedding movie was made)did absolutely nothing for Dustin's acting career.

They need to re-air the new class because Screech is important character in the new class and Dustin is the star of the new class. He did not appear in the SBTB 20th Anniversary Reunion with the five original members.