Season 8 suggestions...

ireeagle

[1]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 9

If there were a season 8, then...

- After season 7 ended and Screech was the only member never left Bayside, he was made a new principal.

- Secondly, all the students were new, but they were never added into the season 8 cast lineup, only the the new faculty did.

- Thirdly, Screech returned to normality and made new friends in the Bayside faculty level and beloved one beautiful young woman.

- Finally, at the end of season 8, Screech and that one beautiful young woman transferred to another same type of workplace from Bayside and they both got married.

This is where it should have end.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SillySophie

[2]Feb 19, 2011
    So basically you wished the show had become more mature and focused on adults? I don't think that would have worked for a Saturday morning show that was geared towards pre-teens. I like the Screech returns to normality idea but I think he was too far gone by that point.

ireeagle

[3]Mar 1, 2011

SillySophie wrote:
    So basically you wished the show had become more mature and focused on adults? I don't think that would have worked for a Saturday morning show that was geared towards pre-teens. I like the Screech returns to normality idea but I think he was too far gone by that point.

Here's the point:

Screech should have left this show on its final episode with future certainty of going back to college or move to another workplace.

But the question is that:

Why Screech's future was considered uncertain in the series finale of this show for no reason?

IMO, both Screech and Belding should move out of Bayside at the series finale of this show!

SillySophie, why would you say that he was too far gone by that point?

SillySophie

[4]Mar 3, 2011

[QUOTE="ireeagle"]

SillySophie wrote:
    I just think that Screech was such an over the top caricature by the end of the series that it wouldn't have made any sense for him to suddenly be "normal" again. It would have been a 180 from his "normal" wackiness.

ireeagle

[5]Mar 4, 2011

[QUOTE="SillySophie"]

ireeagle wrote:

SillySophie wrote:
    I just think that Screech was such an over the top caricature by the end of the series that it wouldn't have made any sense for him to suddenly be "normal" again. It would have been a 180 from his "normal" wackiness.

Well all I have to say that BOTH Screech and Belding should have certain futures by leaving Bayside at the end of the new class series, that's all! What do you have to say, SillySophie?

SillySophie

[6]Mar 5, 2011
    I didn't picture Belding ever leaving Bayside unless he was going to retire. He seemed to love his job and the school, so what more did you see in his future?

Screech should have left at the end, especially if he wanted to stick with school administration. He wasn't ever going to reach a higher level at Bayside until Belding was gone. And it just makes sense for a young 20-something year old to transition into new things. As far as where he should have gone, I don't know. I honestly didn't care about his personal life, so it didn't bother me that it wasn't addressed more.

ireeagle

[7]Mar 6, 2011

SillySophie wrote:
    I didn't picture Belding ever leaving Bayside unless he was going to retire. He seemed to love his job and the school, so what more did you see in his future? Screech should have left at the end, especially if he wanted to stick with school administration. He wasn't ever going to reach a higher level at Bayside until Belding was gone. And it just makes sense for a young 20-something year old to transition into new things. As far as where he should have gone, I don't know. I honestly didn't care about his personal life, so it didn't bother me that it wasn't addressed more.

IMO, Screech was to come back to bring back the old fans, but not too many old fans liked him in the original. So Screech not too popular in the original, so when he came back to the new class, he gained more popularity in the new class as a assistant. It looks like Screech became more popular in the new class as an assistant. When he's popular, he can leave Bayside at the series finale and go back to either college or other workplaces. Staying put longer and beyond the series finale seems too greedy. What do you have to say SillySophie?

irehawk20

[8]Aug 23, 2012

Well, you missed one more part...

- After Screech left Bayside by retiring and getting married, Mr. Belding returns to Bayside resume his job as a principal.