A Saved by the Bell Community
NBC (ended 1993)

BUT WHO'S PLAYING YOUNG LEAH REMINI?

... Because nostalgia is so hot right now, Lifetime will air the The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story, a new TV movie that intends to ruin your fondest childhood memories by tarnishing them with the harsh reality of what life was really like on the set of the (mostly) squeaky clean teen dramedy. Do we really want to know if Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Tiffini-Amber Thiessen hooked up? Do we truly need to know which drugs Elizabeth Berkley was actually on? Fine, maybe we do. But we must also accept that we might never look at Bayside High the same way again.

The project stars Dylan Everett as Gosselar, Alyssa Lynch as Thiessen, Sam Kindseth as Dustin Diamond, Julian Works as Mario Lopez, Tiera Skovbye as Elizabeth Berkley, and Taylor Russell McKenzie as Lark Voorhies. Set your DVR for September 1 at 9pm. [Buzzfeed]

BUSINESS TIME

... Every year the Television Academy chooses two unlucky celebrities to wake up before dawn to announce the nominees for the Emmy Awards. This year, the smooth voice of Carson Daly will be whispering in your ear and the chipper voice of Mindy Kaling will tell you jokes as the pair announces the contenders for the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards on Thursday, July 10 at 8:40am Eastern/5:40am Pacific. We'll be covering the nominations, so we give you permission to sleep in. [Television Academy via press release]

... NBC has ordered six hour-long episodes of Running Wild with Bear Grylls, a new series in which the notable outdoorsman and survivalist will take celebrities like Channing Tatum and Zac Efron out into the wild for a 48-hour adventure of a lifetime. According to the network's press release, the celebrities will "endure the harsh wilderness in high-octane, action-based, and empowering journeys." Look, I think we can all agree Zefron is far too pretty to survive on his own out there in the wild. The pretty ones always go first! [NBC via press release]

... Do you know what’s better than seeing Beyoncé in concert? Probably a lot of things. But I was referring to Beyoncé: X10, a string of 10 individual segments from Beyoncé's Mrs. Carter World Tour that will air prior to True Blood's seventh and final season on HBO. Starting Sunday, June 29 at 8:55pm, you'll be able to watch four-minute performances from the tour before settling in for some good-ol' fashioned Bon Temps crazy. It might seem a little weird, but you know what they say: Never look a gift-Beyoncé in the mouth. [HBO via press release]

... Hey there's a new teaser for Fox's Gotham, featuring the series' various villains:

... Um, Taylor Swift adopted a kitten and she named it Olivia Benson. I would make a joke but I named my dog Riggins. However, I will say this: Friday Night Lights > Law and Order: SVU. [Instagram]

... Among the 2015 Hollywood Walk of Fame honorees are funny lady Amy Poehler, Family Guy creator Seth MccFarlane, Food Network chef Bobby Flay, Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons, and more. Click the link for the full list. [Variety]

CASTING NEWS

... Zachary Quinto is returning to TV, but it's not for Heroes: Reborn. Instead, he'll guest-star on an upcoming episode of Girls. We don't have many details about his character, but the paps did get a picture of Quinto and star Lena Dunham wearing blue aprons. I don't know what that has to do with the show, but feel free to speculate in the comments. Or don't. I mean, I don't really care. [TV Line

... Michael Vartan is looking to get some Satisfaction! The Alias and Bates Motel alum will drop by on the new USA drama about a marriage that has reached its midpoint. Matt Passmore and Stephanie Szostak star as the couple at the center of the series. Vartan will play Dylan, a daring photographer who helps Szostak's unhappy wife Grace gain exposure in the design world as she reevaluates her relationship and her life. [USA via press release]

... After appearing as a guest-star in the pilot for The CW's upcoming drama The Messengers, Craig Frank (Mixology) has been upped to series regular. The show is about a group of seemingly unconnected strangers who die from an energy pulse, only to reawaken with a new purpose: to stop the apocalypseFrank plays Alan, a techie working at the National Deep Space Agency with Shantel VanSanten's Vera. [Deadline]

... Buffy the Vampire Slayer alums Bianca Lawson and James Marsters have both signed on to guest-star in the second season of Lifetime's supernatural drama Witches of East End. Marsters will play Tarkoff, a family friend of Julia Ormond's Joanna who has recently come back into her life. Lawson, who also appears on MTV's Teen Wolf, will play the mysterious Eva. [TV Guide]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... Syfy has begun casting its new zombie drama Z Nation, and you might recognize a few names from shows like Supernatural, Lost, and Southland.

... AMC has renewed Better Call Saul for Season 2 ahead of the series premiere—as well as postponed the show's debut.

... Do you have selective memory when it comes to True Blood? That's okay, you can catch up on last season with Lily's handy refresher.

... Chelsea Handler is headed to Netflix to host a new topical talk show, among other things.

... Tim has some advice on whether or not you should watch TNT's The Last Ship, and it's basically that if you like guns and Michael Bay, you should probably check it out!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/7/1994

Season 4 : Episode 31

26 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 5:30 pm
    Thursday Night Football
    CBS