Saved by the Bell

Pinned to the Mat

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Oct 14, 1989 on NBC

7.7
  • Career day.

This episode was so real, everyone wonders what there future is going to end up being, and that is what Slater is going through in this episode, what is he going to do with his life? No one know, I love the fantasy, everyone seems to have a bright future but Slater, the fact that he turned to cooking was hilarious. I like how he was actually good at it. Then Screech steps up, to cruise for chicks, seriously, I love how they learn a lesson in the end, it doesn't matter what you want to do now, worry about it in the future, great episode with a great lesson.
  • Warning: Contains spoilers.

Hello there. I'm going to review this episode as if it's a book. This episode was supberb, and it contained excellent acting. If you dislike Saved By The Bell, I suggest you get out because this episode was excellent. I found not much wrong with this episode.

Slater decides to quit wrestling and goes into cooking, but his mind is changed when he realizes he doesn't have to go look for a career (that's the reason he quit), he's only a kid. So, he decides to go back in to wrestling.

I thought this episode was very well written like my classification of this review. You can even see Slater wrestle a guy. Although, that's obviously fake since wrestling shouldn't take about a few seconds to beat someone, but it's still pretty interesting to watch.

I recommend this episode. It's okay as a first impression episode, but not the best.
  • In this episode they briefly bring out the stress over choosing careers at a young age.

I thought this episode was pretty good, because it was the only one so far that addressed something serious. All of Slater's friends seemed to know what they wanted to do with their lives, besides him. You could tell that he was beginning to feel overwhelmed when the idea occurred to him that wrestling was the only thing he was really interested in.
    Mind you, they're only freshman in high school. Often, teachers and parents stress over their children choosing a career path for them when they finish college. It can be stressful to even address things like that, especially with a child. Even with Zack's foolish antics, Slater realizes that he's just a kid and that he has so much more time to figure out what he wants to do with his life, later on. I think everyone can take a small lesson from this episode.