Saved by the Bell

NBC (ended 1993)

wudaddy79

Saved by the Bell Fan Reviews (123)

• Not quite complete nor pefect!!!

One problematic character, Screech Powers, wants to be equal with the other original class characters, which is his goal, but the original was too difficult for him, even if this is considered entertaining. They only put the Screech role in original class, when that class is not considered difficult. Otherwise, if the original class is still difficult, then they should not accept him too soon. The original class had complete popularity, but Screech's popularity was incomplete in the original class.

It was a good idea for Screech to be accepted in the new class, besides the original class, because he was supposed to complete his popularity in the new class, and he did. But the since the new class was completely messed-up and was forced to stop airing reruns. Dustin Diamond, who played Screech, was officially banned and excluded from the original class reunion for no reason at all.

That's why I rated this show a 1 because of that reunion incident and I'm glad they no longer aired and reruned this original class ever again.

I prefer a Hang Time reunion instead.
  • Why?

This show was very much a waste. I can't stand it nor the humor of the show. It was so predictable and so cheesy that I think that it was such a waste of time. The characters were so bland and uninteresting and I did not like the storylines and plots. I don't think I have ever watched more than one episode because I couldn't stand the way it was put together. I wish I could have liked it, but to me it was not possible. Overall, it was just an awful show with no point of interest for me. Thank you.
  • Terrible, trite, bottom-of-the-bucket programming.

How can anyone actually "like" this show? It's really predictable. It's not smart, or clever, or interesting. All the worst stereotypes of high school together in one pointless show. The bimbo-ization of the women in the show was disgusting. Most of the characters can't act their way out of a paper bag but then again, look what they had to work with. No one should ever waste one moment of their lives on this dribble. There are much smarter shows about American kids in high school. This show has always made me cringe on so many levels. This show may remind people of "growing up" because they watched it then but no one can honestly say it's a "good" series.
  • This show has probably some of the worst writing and acting that I've ever seen. This used to be cool?

This show has probably some of the worst writing and acting that I've ever seen. That said for some reason whenever I catch it in mid-episode, I literally have to pry myself away from it. There is something about this show that is so endearing and addicting that makes me want to watch. At the same time I'm laughing my head off throughout the whole episode because the show is just that bad. While the show was meant to provide a positive role model for kids, ultimately it's just way too optimistic and pure. Unless the show has some nostalgic factor for you, chances are you're not going to like it.
  • What the **** happened?

3.3
    This show was doing great when it first started airing, but now it does not seem as funny as it used to be. The old episodes were the best. But the new ones totally blow. I still watch it sometimes, but not as much as i used to. I just hope it does not go downhill too fast.
  • Unrealistic, and contrived humour...

But that was part of its charm, I suppose. It was basically a cartoon that just happened to be live-action. I'll admit I watch it regularly, but I find it boring. I have trouble taking it seriously because it's a live-action series. The humour and situations the characters get into lend themselves much more to a cartoon than to a live-action television show. Despite the fact that it's dated, it still has a loyal following.
  • Another High School show.

This is an O.K. show but you know what I'm sick of these high school shows I mean give it a break hakf the time they over exagerate in the show. I mean the acting is great but still Im get really sick if I watch this show more then once a week.
  • I really liked this show as a kid, but if I ever see it on TV now I have to cringe and wonder what I ever saw in this show.

As a future teacher and a current sub, I gave Welcome Back Kotter high marks based on my bias. This show will actually get a lower rating from me based on how annoying most of the characters were. Plus, the principal only took interest in this select group of students. Belding had to be the worst principal in TV history. He wasn't funny, he added little to the show, and he stayed in the role for like 5 more years with the next two classes of Saved by the Bell. Dennis Haskins apparently has no shame nor any career.

I can't bag on the show too much, as it was pretty cool in its day and I have probably seen every episode multiple times due to the fact that it used to be on syndication on different channels 24 hours a day.

However, the plotlines were often extremely ludicrous. While shows shouldn't be held to a standard of having to be realistic, they should at least keep it within this world. The show about oil discovery at Bayside and the drive to refuse the millions upon millions of dollars was laughable. Number one, they are in California and won't be dsicovering oil anytime soon. Number two, the town and adminstration are NOT going to refuse tons of money because of a few snot nosed kids.

I digress however. It had its time in the sun....and it just really hasn't aged very well.
  • This a show about a bunch of teenagers going through middle school and high school.

6.4
    This a show about a bunch of teenagers going through middle school and high school.I like this series the best out of all the SBTB series. I like it because it's when they are like teenagers and they date but they're not that serious. I like how it shows teenagers how they go through today...sort of. Everyone should watch this show at least once.
  • Saved By the Bell was a teen show mixing in comedy with moral issues of the day.

6.9
    A guilty pleasure at best. I remember this show being popular when I was in high school, however, looking back at it ten, fourteen years later it's clear that Saved By The Bell wasn't as realistic or great like other classic teen dramas.

The best comparison to Saved By the Bell is "Degrassi High" and "Degrassi Junior High". Saved By the Bell is best billed as a comedy, a teen comedy. The acting was average at best and the characters while likeable were at times annoying and unoriginal.

Zach Morris and Kelly Kapowski are definitely modeled after rich California teens which I have no problem with, however, relating to them is often times more funny than real. I like Zach for being a troublemaker but Kelly and Lisa Turtle reminded me very much of the popular girls in school who thought they were all that but really were nothing more than pinup models whose novelty would eventually were off.

I'll give credit though where credit is giving the comradery between the actors and characters did seem authentic, however, the situations and endings they wrote were not. Again, it's a teen comedy and although the show could at times be serious (like the episode where Zach falls for a girl that's homeless) more often than not characters (like the stereotypical nerd or wannabee cheerleader) were the butt of jokes and not much development.

On the bright side, Mr. Belding is a definite classic example of what more principals should be like, tough on the outside but could also be approachable and understanding.

In the end, it is a classic show but a show that if you're looking for great acting and drama you probably won't find. However, if you're looking for a fun time to relieve your youth you'd probably watch over and over again.
  • Saved by the bell was good back in the day.

Saved by the bell is fine for kids through the age of 10 to 15. It teaches kids good example and what they should do if they got in some kind of trouble. I remember I watched it everyday on tv when they started airing the reruns. I loved it. I think I can still remeber their lines. They should make more series like that for the young ones.
  • Too young to understand this show

7.1
    I used to love watching television when i was younger and I would also watch this show. I was often very fascinated by the life of teens in the 90's but i often couldnt understand it because I was very little at the time. i wish I could go back in time now and watch it so i could better understand this show.
  • I loved it!

I remember watching this growing up, watching all of the actors on the show as well as their characters grow up. These kids are in hich school and have as many good times together as bad times in and out of school. They are always there for each other in the end and that is what I got most out of this show...the true meaning of friendship. Every character was created so well with their own unique individual storylines that were all shown equally. It was fun to watch, but there was always a message in each episode, which was the best part looking back.
  • pretty good show!

This was a really good show growing up, this show has a lot of memories in my heart. Some of the shows of Saved By The Bell are somewhat different from what I remember, I guess I enjoyed it more as a child. I have just watched the show on TBS for the first time in a while and I found the episode where Slater's lizard died was really funny, as when they gave the lizard a funeral it looked like the guys were trying to hold in there laughs. It was suppose to be a sad scene but you could really tell that they were about to bust out in laughs. The guys are teenagers, what kind of guy cries over a lizzard when it dies and gives it a funeral. The first time I watched this I was actually sad too for the poor lizzard but then again it looks too like they were making fun of it.
  • Lives of 6 young adults, their principle, and their comings and goings :)

7.6
    This really is a guilty pleasure of mine. I watch in the mornings if i have nothing else to do, and i can prbably answer any trivia question asked. I think Saved By the Bell stands out because of its acting. Zack, Slater, and Kelly are particularly good, but the others are great too. I prefer the ones not in college or middle school, with the main cast (not nikki or mikey) and not at a beach or hollywood. Some episodes have moral values, which is good because usually those are very suddle, unlike other shows. Saved by the Bell really was what it was because of the acting.
  • Follow High school students as they grow through Bayside High School!

7.8
    Mr. Belding is the principal of Bayside High School where a the main cast of friends go to school. Zack Morris is the main character, Blonde hair pretty boy trouble maker. His best friend Screech Powers, who is a smart nerd. Zack's rival turned into other best friend, Jock AC Slater. The girl Zack loves Kelly Kapowski. Zack's next door neighbor and ms. perfect Jessie Spano. Last but not least the girl Screech loves fashion savy Lisa Turtle. Save By the Bell was a good show when I was growing up. I remember watching it pretty much everyday after school while I did my homework and also on the weekends. It's a good thing the show didn't stick with Ms. Bliss as the main character or wouldn't have survived. The first season where Slater and Zack are rivals, weren't as fun. As the show progresses, Zack and Slater become best friends which made for a much better show. The show pulls a respectable 7.8 out of 10!
  • This show was before my time, but even looking back on it I like it, although no one knows I watched this show.

7.8
    I think this show was funny, even though it was very unorginal. I loved some of the characters, but I thought it was very focused on the high school cliches which I don't really like. I thought the characters were very one-dimensional and sometimes even very stupid. But maybe that's what kept me watching the show. I don't know exactly why I like this show so much. There are many episodes I cannot watch, but I can't name any off the top of my head. I'm not a huge fan of this show, but if nothing else is on, I'll watch it.
  • not a bad show but alittle too cheesey

7.9
    saved by the bell is a show that you hate to like but cant help watch it everytime it comes on. its clearly un realistic and abit silly at times. six good friends(three guys and three girls) who are all from diffrent groups. slater(the jock) zack(the prep) screech(the nerd) kelly(the cheerleader) jesse(the straight a student) and lisa(the fashion bug). even though its alittle far fetched its still not a bad show
  • Still remember it!

I liked the show back in the nineties. I can see the intro music behind my eyes. Lately it airs on nick. I liked the characters on the show. What i notice is that it deals with teenage problems, maybe a little bit cheesy and unrealistic at times. But still recognizable to this day. Of course then they didn't all have cellphones (however i saw Zack with a brick once ) they weren't addicted to their computer with all of todays social media. You had to stay on the house phone if you wanted to talk to someone. Everybody from that time must remember their parents saying time to knock off the phone. I believe that this is like the first teen comedy drama series ever. In my opinion it's better then todays teen drama series. With meaningless plot lines and stories. Although saved by the bell could get a little bit cheesy around the edges. First its all comedy and then drama all of the sudden.
  • Saved by the Bell had a very strange background when it started off. First it was supposed to be a kid's show in Disney about a teacher...then it became a teenage show about young teens. This show was funny and very well thought and it was one of the...

...best comedy shows to ever hit the small screen. Even though people categorize it in the teen drama section, I personally believe that it shouldn't go there because it was a comedy show that ran 30 minutes an episode (with commercials) and a teen drama runs for 60 minutes an episode (with commercials). Shows like Beverly Hills: 90210, The OC, and Gossip Girl would have still existed even if Saved by the Bell didn't. What Saved by the Bell did is bring a new twist to teenage shows and put comedy in them. Plus the actors and characters were great and the plot of each episode was always unique. I'm glad they still run it on networks because it was and will still be an all time classic.
  • I loved this show when they were in high school, but "The College Years" ruined everything for me.

When they started this show, it was great, six friends in high school dealing with everyday issues and it was great. You had the love triangle between Kelly, Zack, and Slater. You had the off and on relationship of Slater and Jessie, and you had Screech's non-stop love for Lisa. You even had an episode where Kelly had a crush on Screech. It was a great show, but I gotta admit, it lost some of it's thunder when Kelly and Zack got together. It's just not the same to me when a guy is chasing a girl for a while and they finally get together. I also just thought the episodes when they were in college were mediocre. I mean, they didn't even bring Lisa back. Personally that was my favorite character. All in all, it was a great series, just not the college years, I just won't watch those episodes and I can give this series a 9.0.
  • This show is about a group of kids that go to a school called Bayside.

This show is really good. There are many good things about it including screech, zach and slater and kelly. One of the best things about this show is Dusting Diamond who plays screech who is so unbelievably funny. He has such funny parts and makes you laugh at anything he does. Another good thing to this show is Mark Paul Gossellaar who plays Zack Morris. I think he is really cute and good at being sneaky and getting his way. I also like Mario Lopez who plays Slater. I think he is really cute and hot. He is also is really good at portraying a wrestler at the highschool. Overall this show is really good.
  • Complete and utter Classic. No doubt about it.

This show was my favorite growing up and I know it was many of my friends favorites as well. No matter what generation you\'re from, I feel everyone should watch Saved By the Bell. Its cheesy, its goofy, and you learn a good lesson after every episode- aka- dont cheat on tests, dont take caffene pills, dont drink and drive, dont hook up with your best friend while doing a school play, always have Tori Spelling as your dorky girlfriend- stuff like that.
  • OMD! SAVED BY THE BELL, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

I remember I had lots of fun watching this show. They used to have all these special movies they made, I watched them all and the college years, they weren't as good as the high school episodes but still funny.
    The show still comes on nick but somehow watching it isn't the same but it's definately a classic and there's nothing quite like it (better or worse but not the same)!
  • But I love it and I DO!

Seriously, Noone, I mean Noone knows I watch this, except everyone who's reading my review! But, this show is a show that I could watch everyday! It's a fantastic show, really. I absolutely LOVEe it!! It is extremely cheesy and not all that funny. But I give it an 8/10 because it's interesting.
  • Maybe the most ridiculous show ever...

...but I loved (almost) every minute of it. It's hard to take a show like Saved by the Bell seriously, but it's harder not to enjoy it. For those who were kids in the 90s, SBTB was the ultimate after-school TV show. Now, it still just fun to watch just to point out how ridiculous the storylines are and seeing Mario Lopez's geri-curl mullet in today's context. I can't believe that hairstyle actually existed.
  • Hardly realistic, but hilarious nonetheless.

Saved by the Bell was not a very realistic show, since the characters could do absolutely anything. For example, Kelly becoming a model? Sure she was pretty enough, but that probably wouldn't happen in real life. Also, they had a new set of classes each show. Dance, Driver's Ed, Economics being a few. However, since it was a comedy and did have romantic sparks all over the place, the public was very receptive. Or maybe that's just because it aired on Saturday mornings.
  • The show we all watched,whether we addmitted it or not,SBTB followed the daily hijinks of highschooler,Zack Morris,who was every girl's first television crush!Along for the ride were Lisa Turtle,Jessie Spano,Jessie,Kelly & the class geek,Screech Powers.It

This was the show I'd rush home from school to watch re-runs of everyday.Alwayz had to see what Zack Morris was going to be upto today.I was addicted.I even read the paperback books that were issued later on.I was a big Zack-and-Kelly fan,and alwayz wished that Lisa & Screech would finally end up together.
  • Great show that is truly timeless.

Saved by the Bell is truly a timeless show that many middle and high school students continue to enjoy today. I remember watching this show every Saturday for new episodes and then throughout the rest of my school career in reruns. Now I watch it in the morning when I am getting ready for work and still get a little kick out of the show. True, looking back, some things about the show now seem cheezy, but like anything later reviewed, that is what was cool then. Although this show could not (according to the E!'s THS) touch on a lot of serious issues, it did manage to incorporate some issues that a typical high school student may experience, such as pressure to drink or do drugs, as well as relationship qualms. It did what it could with what it had, which I can appreciate.

I am glad that television stations continue to run this show. It is much better than many shows directed towards teens, and much more appropriate.
  • Very nice.

I'm pretty sure that my first love in life was Zac Morris. I loved watching this show and still try and catch it if it's on. It's got that cheesy but somehow still very entertaining humor about it. And although I do hate it when they put in all of the stuff that's meaningful and whatnot... (I enjoy my 90's humor without lectures but what 90's sitcom wasn't filled with lectures?) the rest of the show pretty much makes up for all of that. It's not like the cast was filled with the greatest actors or anything... but they definitely played their parts well.
< 1 2 3 4 5