Saved by the Bell

NBC (ended 1993)

wudaddy79

Saved by the Bell Fan Reviews (123)

• One of my Top (School) Shows

Most to all ep (07-09)
  • Not quite complete nor pefect!!!

One problematic character, Screech Powers, wants to be equal with the other original class characters, which is his goal, but the original was too difficult for him, even if this is considered entertaining. They only put the Screech role in original class, when that class is not considered difficult. Otherwise, if the original class is still difficult, then they should not accept him too soon. The original class had complete popularity, but Screech's popularity was incomplete in the original class.

It was a good idea for Screech to be accepted in the new class, besides the original class, because he was supposed to complete his popularity in the new class, and he did. But the since the new class was completely messed-up and was forced to stop airing reruns. Dustin Diamond, who played Screech, was officially banned and excluded from the original class reunion for no reason at all.

That's why I rated this show a 1 because of that reunion incident and I'm glad they no longer aired and reruned this original class ever again.

I prefer a Hang Time reunion instead.
  • Grew up on this show.

Great but I now hate Dustin Diamond.
  • Still remember it!

I liked the show back in the nineties. I can see the intro music behind my eyes. Lately it airs on nick. I liked the characters on the show. What i notice is that it deals with teenage problems, maybe a little bit cheesy and unrealistic at times. But still recognizable to this day. Of course then they didn't all have cellphones (however i saw Zack with a brick once ) they weren't addicted to their computer with all of todays social media. You had to stay on the house phone if you wanted to talk to someone. Everybody from that time must remember their parents saying time to knock off the phone. I believe that this is like the first teen comedy drama series ever. In my opinion it's better then todays teen drama series. With meaningless plot lines and stories. Although saved by the bell could get a little bit cheesy around the edges. First its all comedy and then drama all of the sudden.
  • Very nice.

I'm pretty sure that my first love in life was Zac Morris. I loved watching this show and still try and catch it if it's on. It's got that cheesy but somehow still very entertaining humor about it. And although I do hate it when they put in all of the stuff that's meaningful and whatnot... (I enjoy my 90's humor without lectures but what 90's sitcom wasn't filled with lectures?) the rest of the show pretty much makes up for all of that. It's not like the cast was filled with the greatest actors or anything... but they definitely played their parts well.
  • A great sitcom

This and other early shows particularly Boy Meets world are very great sitcoms that the entire family can enjoy. The show has romance, an interesting plot, and often it is humorous. Saved By the Bell had a very talented, young cast at that time. Now we do not get anything close to the fantastic recipes that the 90s delivered. Stunning performances that the 90s era of television had passed down from the remarkable 70s and 80s. I would recommend this show to anyone. Along with other classics, this one will never be forgotten. If you like shows with young stars then it is great too.
  • Why?

This show was very much a waste. I can't stand it nor the humor of the show. It was so predictable and so cheesy that I think that it was such a waste of time. The characters were so bland and uninteresting and I did not like the storylines and plots. I don't think I have ever watched more than one episode because I couldn't stand the way it was put together. I wish I could have liked it, but to me it was not possible. Overall, it was just an awful show with no point of interest for me. Thank you.
  • Saved by the Bell had a very strange background when it started off. First it was supposed to be a kid's show in Disney about a teacher...then it became a teenage show about young teens. This show was funny and very well thought and it was one of the...

...best comedy shows to ever hit the small screen. Even though people categorize it in the teen drama section, I personally believe that it shouldn't go there because it was a comedy show that ran 30 minutes an episode (with commercials) and a teen drama runs for 60 minutes an episode (with commercials). Shows like Beverly Hills: 90210, The OC, and Gossip Girl would have still existed even if Saved by the Bell didn't. What Saved by the Bell did is bring a new twist to teenage shows and put comedy in them. Plus the actors and characters were great and the plot of each episode was always unique. I'm glad they still run it on networks because it was and will still be an all time classic.
  • A show that'll never be forgotten (hopefully).

Ending in 1993, Saved by the Bell was a story of a laid-back high schooler, Zack Morris, and his five friends, Jessie Spano, the smart and radical girl, A.C. Slater, the Jock, Samuel "Screech" Powers, the weird nerd, Kelly Kapowski, the dream girl, and Lisa Turtle, the extravagant and fashionable one. They lived in southern California and went to Bayside, one of many public co-ed schools in the area. Outside of Bayside, they often hung out at the Max, the local restaurant once owned by their good friend Max, who eventually leaves the show. At school, the gang is often hounded by their principal Richard Belding, a mid-aged man who still believes he's "in". However, the gang befriends him over the years and love to mess with him. This show covers many of the conflicts within a teenager's life, such as relationships, friendships, jealousy, and the life ahead of them. However, their friendship carries them through.

This show's lack of flashy scenery, the realistic lifestyle, and the sometimes unrealistic experiences kept the audience intrigued for this show's 4 year run, and its popularity is still prevalent today.
  • A good, clean teen show.

Saved by the Bell is much better than the teen shows we have on now a days. This show dealt with several realistic problems, but being able to still mantain a clean enviorment. Mr. Belding is one of the best principals I've ever seen on TV; he's so hilarious, so fair, and so reasonable all at the same time. At the time this show was running, they had good young actors/actresses who did a good job at their parts. Of course, this show could occassionally get cheesey and the humor could've improved a little bit but all in all it was a pretty dang good show. I really like to watch the re-runs of this show. Grade: 90/100.
  • Terrible, trite, bottom-of-the-bucket programming.

How can anyone actually "like" this show? It's really predictable. It's not smart, or clever, or interesting. All the worst stereotypes of high school together in one pointless show. The bimbo-ization of the women in the show was disgusting. Most of the characters can't act their way out of a paper bag but then again, look what they had to work with. No one should ever waste one moment of their lives on this dribble. There are much smarter shows about American kids in high school. This show has always made me cringe on so many levels. This show may remind people of "growing up" because they watched it then but no one can honestly say it's a "good" series.
  • Good clean teen comedy!!

This show revolves around 6 teenagers in their schools facing normal problems and solutions to get threw them. Each teen has their own personality: The jock, the geek, the cool guy and girl, the acheiver, and the fashion nista. And the goofy principal, Mr. Belding, threw in some real comedy.

The comedy on this show was good and clean, no sexual comedy ecspeacally. The problems they faced such as Drugs, alchohol, drunk driving, studying for tests and much more. It has entertained many generations.

I would definetly recremend it for a family show. I give it a good 10 outta 10!!
  • Follow High school students as they grow through Bayside High School!

7.8
    Mr. Belding is the principal of Bayside High School where a the main cast of friends go to school. Zack Morris is the main character, Blonde hair pretty boy trouble maker. His best friend Screech Powers, who is a smart nerd. Zack's rival turned into other best friend, Jock AC Slater. The girl Zack loves Kelly Kapowski. Zack's next door neighbor and ms. perfect Jessie Spano. Last but not least the girl Screech loves fashion savy Lisa Turtle. Save By the Bell was a good show when I was growing up. I remember watching it pretty much everyday after school while I did my homework and also on the weekends. It's a good thing the show didn't stick with Ms. Bliss as the main character or wouldn't have survived. The first season where Slater and Zack are rivals, weren't as fun. As the show progresses, Zack and Slater become best friends which made for a much better show. The show pulls a respectable 7.8 out of 10!
  • Saved By The Bell was a 90's series aside from BH 90210 It was a funny sitcom about life as a teenager at Bayside High. This series usually aired on Saturday Mornings and repeated for years on cable television.

I personally loved watching Saved By the Bell and still do to this day, I own all episodes from the original series and loved episodes like: The Mamas And the Papas, The Friendship Buisness, Jessies Song, Save The Max and so on!!

This series was to me head of it's time in comedy but it sure made waking up in the morning better when you got a taste of the ZACKSTER!!

The New Class was okay but it just didnt compare to the original cast and it's original theme that was set for teens of the 90's!! I personally give this
  • A teen show following the lives of 6 students at a school.Zack Morris,AC Slater,Screech Powers,Kelly Kapowski,Jessie Spano and Lisa Turtle are average students who all hang around together and get involved in sticky situations.

A funny and life-like tv show about 6 teenagers who are all so unique yet they bond together so well.They are always getting involved in hilariously funny situations and trying desperately to get out of them without being caught,usually by their principal Mr.Belding,who is not only their principal but often their confidant.When the scenes are not taking place at the school they are usually at The Max,the gangs regular hang out diner or in one of their houses,mainly Zacks.I find the humour in this very entertaining and hysterically funny at times.I love all the characters as they're just all so loveable in their own little ways,especially Zack as he is the typical blonde haired,blue eyed heart-throb always involved in teen programmes and has such a cheeky and loveable personality.The antics in this programme are very enjoyable and I find it hard not to laugh as they commit the usual stupid and pointless mistakes trying to get themselves out of a lot of trouble.
  • save by the bell is the greatest show to broadcast on saturday mornings, i love the whole cast,

zack, kelly, slater, jessie, lisa, screech, mr belding, max, and every character that was on this show was very entertaing to watch.
    save byyyyyyyyyyyyy the bell for ever.
    this show needs to be in the all time greats, for greatest shows.
    zack, slater kelly, jessie, lisa, screech, mr belding, max, i love the wedding years, i love the college years, i love the hawaian shows when the went to the beach, i love the shows when jessie dad got married, and the show is hott. zak
  • An Overall Good show..

Most have us have seen Saved By the Bell, Some won't admit it but we have. Yes It's kinda cheesy and a little goofy but hey that's what makes the show great. I could often relate to some characters. The plot was ok I geuss. But it's one of those shows that you don't want to admit on watching.
    I am one of those people. Its just a favorite you don't want others knowing you like. But anyways I liked the romances that came up. The conflicts between some of the characters. In every episode there is a lesson, A lesson on what to do and what not to do. I liked how the characters would argue on things but at the same time they loved each other. Overall A good show, check it out if you haven't seen it. :)
  • I loved it!

I remember watching this growing up, watching all of the actors on the show as well as their characters grow up. These kids are in hich school and have as many good times together as bad times in and out of school. They are always there for each other in the end and that is what I got most out of this show...the true meaning of friendship. Every character was created so well with their own unique individual storylines that were all shown equally. It was fun to watch, but there was always a message in each episode, which was the best part looking back.
  • This show was before my time, but even looking back on it I like it, although no one knows I watched this show.

7.8
    I think this show was funny, even though it was very unorginal. I loved some of the characters, but I thought it was very focused on the high school cliches which I don't really like. I thought the characters were very one-dimensional and sometimes even very stupid. But maybe that's what kept me watching the show. I don't know exactly why I like this show so much. There are many episodes I cannot watch, but I can't name any off the top of my head. I'm not a huge fan of this show, but if nothing else is on, I'll watch it.
  • great show!

love this show. Still watch it every now and then. Zack is hot and kelly is very gorgeous. This is a good comedy for teens and preteens and kids. I remember watching this growing up. You follow them in their lives and stories and sometimes, there are messages in the show for people to learn. it's a good show. Produced by Peter Angel and Aaron Spelling. Lisa Turtle is also another one of my favorite characters. She loves shopping and so do I! Slater is soo cute and hunky! Screech is a nerd but we all know or knew of a screech in our lives!
  • Best show of the 90's!

Saved by the Bell was the greatest show on TV when I was growing up. Although I watched it when it was being rerun it hadn't lost any of its charm. The characters were all funny in their own way. Zack was always my favourite and during all the seasons I was wishing that he and Kelly would start dating. The one quote that sticks in my mind is just at the end of Wedding in Vegas when Slater turns to Zack and says "It's the end of an era". Another trade-mark situation that hovers in my mind is seeing Screech hopping out of a locker and scaring the life out of Lisa. All in all Saved by the Bell was an amazing show that hasn't been lived up to by any kids show since then.
  • great show

Saved By the Bell is a great show!!! I love it! Thank God that the brought it back ad they play it!!! Thank God! This show focuses in on Zack Morris maily. THere are his friends A.C. Slater, Kelly Kapowski, Samuel "Screech" Powers, Lisa Turtle, ad Jesse Spano. They are in hich school and they go through tought times ad good times together, whether it deals with school or other stuff. They are always there for each other, even though there are fights that go o between them at different times. Saved By The Bell is a great TV show and the N Made a good descision to bring it back.
  • Zack Morris is a blond Tom Cruise.

However cheesy and dated this show may seem now, back in its prime, everyone watched it. You couldn't help but watch it. Two gorgeous guys, an annoying nerd who was best friends with one of the gorgeous guys, and three beautiful girls who dated the gorgeous guys.

Set in Califoria, it was cool and glamorous, and like a younger/funnier version of Beverly Hills 90210. (Some SBTB cast members did actually go over to 90210 when they got a bit older.)

Mark-Paul Gosselaar was the blond, younger version of 90210's Jason Priestley. Both teen idols, both with a major fanbases of screaming girls with their first crushes (yes, I admit it, I was one of them.) As Zack he spoke to the camera, froze time to plan his next scheme, and, yeah, of course, always got the girls (86, to be exact).

This is one of those rare shows that reunited all the original cast members in the final 1994 episode for the wedding of the ultimate couple of the show, Zack and Kelly. For that, it gets a perfect 10 from me, because I was crazy about this couple and really wanted them to get their happy ending, which they did.

The original SBTB is the best. The best thing about the College Years is the Zack/Kelly reunion. I'd advise TRUE fans of SBTB to stay away from The New Class, which lasted so many seasons, and I really don't know why. The new cast just wasn't as good and they repeated all the same storylines from the original version. SBTB just doesn't work without Zack Morris and his friends.
  • "I Love Zack Morris"

Growing up this was the "It" show on Saturday mornings.
    Saved By The Bell is an extremely corny t.v. show that you can't help but love once you get to know the characters.
    When follow six main characters led by Preppy trouble maker Zack Morris,(who often gives a monologue, or makes comments to the viewers while looking into the camera)who attend Bay Side High.
    There is often a moral to every story.
    I enjoyed these shows very much growing up, they were funny and relevant to the times. I think it is great that they are stilled being played so another wave of young viewers can see them.
  • This show is about six friends;Zack, Slater, Screech, Lisa, Jessie, and Kelly; and their wacky adventures at bayside high school in California.

I think this show is the best show. It has loads of funny moments and the characters are so loveable. i especially love the relationships between the characters in the group. It was funny how complete opposites Jessie and Slater were, how desperate Screech was toward getting Lisa to like him and how perfect Zack and kelly were for eachother but they could never seem to get things figured out. I give it a nine and one tenth(9.1) because I think some things could have been better like the setting. Things were always in the same place. One episode geometry was in one room and the next episode, history was in that same room. But overall it is one of the best shows i have ever watched.
  • Hilarious antics and lives of the students and principal of Bayside High School.

I loved this show, one of my favorites of all time, I love Zack and the gang. I have em all on DVD it rocks. One of my favorite episodes is when the school had a dance where the girls carried heart necklaces and they put it around the guy they wanted to go to the dance with, Zack and Slater were both competing against each other for the affections of Kelly, and Zack had problems with Mr. Belding and wouldn't be able to go, and so Kelly chose Slater. Then later in english class the teacher taught them about subliminal messages, Zack got the idea to put a subliminal message in Kelly's favorite music cassette tape to get her to choose him and dump Slater, which works but then backfires when Kelly loans the tape to Jesse.
  • Great Show.

This show is aboslutely one of my favorites. It cheers me up when i'm down along with That 70's Show and Roseanne. It is one of the best. But one thing i don't get is that they didn't put the episodes with them younger with Miss Best in them as the first season, instead they cut all those ones out. And those were really good early episodes. WHY did they do that???
  • I loved this show when they were in high school, but "The College Years" ruined everything for me.

When they started this show, it was great, six friends in high school dealing with everyday issues and it was great. You had the love triangle between Kelly, Zack, and Slater. You had the off and on relationship of Slater and Jessie, and you had Screech's non-stop love for Lisa. You even had an episode where Kelly had a crush on Screech. It was a great show, but I gotta admit, it lost some of it's thunder when Kelly and Zack got together. It's just not the same to me when a guy is chasing a girl for a while and they finally get together. I also just thought the episodes when they were in college were mediocre. I mean, they didn't even bring Lisa back. Personally that was my favorite character. All in all, it was a great series, just not the college years, I just won't watch those episodes and I can give this series a 9.0.
  • Saved by the Bell is about 6 teenagers in Bellview high School.

The main character is Zack (James Van Der Beek), who is the rebel of the school, he always gets into a lot of trouble, but because of his wits and the help of his friends he gets out of this trouble.

Zack's best friend is Skreech, a nerd who tries to be cool. Zack basicly pushes Skreech around. But hey, when your a nerd one abbusive friend is better than no friend.

The other male friend of Zack is Slater, in the first series they are rivals for the love off Kelly, but when Zack gets her and Slater gets Jessy they become real friends.

We've got 3 girls in Saved by the Bell: Kelly (the cheerleader), Jessy (the intelligent one) and Lisa (the rich one).
    Most of the times they just hang around with the guys, but they also give their input into the situations.

The last main character is Mr. Belding, the principal.
    He's basicly a guy who wants to be accepted by the students, but has to be strict with them.
    Especialy he and Zack have a love-hate relationship.

The best thing about Saved by the Bell are the situations the main characters get in. They are picked from real life, but are exploded to a level where you can only laugh at them.

The interactions between the characters is also great (especialy Zack and Belding)

This is a show that you just gotta love, even though it's a little bit dated (early nineties...)
  • THis was a childhood favorite!

THis was a childhood favorite!

I hope I can be able to see this show again. This is one of those shows I watched during my childhood wherein I'd really look forward to the day it shows on TV.

One of the few characters that I remember distinctively is Screech. I don't really remember all the other guys, but I do hope they could get together again so that we may be able to see this show again. I don't know if that's even possible, but I'm still hoping!

This was a raelly great show, and I hope someday I might be able to buy DVD's of this show so that I could watch them over and over again.