Saved by the Bell

Save the Max

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Sep 22, 1990 on NBC

• Too inaccurate for a highschool radio station. Broke too many FCC rules and regulations. I should know because I work with a highschool radio station. Most high school DJs actually sound like Slater does on the air, sadly. And no one listens.

Too inaccurate for a highschool radio station. I should know because I work with a highschool radio station. Broke too many FCC rules and regulations. First off you can't go off the air for like 20 years and come back on without the FCC going WTF. I'm sure their licensing had long sinced expired. I was gonna make a comment about the whole 98 FM thing but it was 1960s when they first started, back when few used FM. And they didn't allocate noncommerical channels. Though I'm surprised a frequency such as that would remain empty for 20 years, especially in CA. Funny how all the equipment was 100% intact.
    Lisa using full names was definately slander and invasion of privacy.
    Doing a remote broadcast isn't easy either. Either they used illegal equipment to sent their signal back to the transmitter or they installed a long wire, which isn't easy.
    Sadly most high school DJs actually sound like Slater does on the air. And no one listens to the radio, sadly not even the students do.
    Funny how they ditch their radio ambitions once they saved the max. No one shut them down...they just stopped. Sad. Colleges KILL for FM frequencies.