Saved by the Bell

Saved By the Bell: Hawaiian Style

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Nov 27, 1992 on NBC

• A nice break from Bayside High.

What can I say about Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style? One thing that I enjoyed about it was how it was a nice change of scenery from always being at school like in the rest of the series.

Some other things that I enjoyed about the gang's time in Hawaii was how upon learning of Harry's situation, went out of their way to get Mr. Belding's group of principal's to check out of their old hotel and into the Hawaiian Hideaway, in order for Kelly's grandfather to get a steady cash flow so he can pay off his loan and keep his hotel. I also thought it was nice how Zack was flirting with Andrea, and how he still wanted to be with her after learning of her daughter.

One thing that I didn't like at first was how Zack and the gang where trying to make Belding's group stay at the hotel enjoyable failed at first, but eventually were able to have a successful Luau to make them want to stay the remainder of their time in Hawaii at the Hideaway. Another part of the storyline that I didn't that I didn't that much at first was how the Royal Pacific was trying to sabotage Harry’s hotel, and how they were using his lawyer Brian, to try and sway him to their will. At least Zack, Belding, and the others were able to trick the competing hotel into selling Harry's hotel back to him, and how Screech was able to get his tribe a job with Harry.

Lastly, the one thing that I really didn't like at all was Jessie and Slater's storyline. Why couldn't the writers leave their bickering on the mainland? How they were acting before, during, and after their bet with Lisa was painful to watch.

In all, even though there were some bad parts in "Hawaiian Style", I still found this to be a nice asset to the show.