Saved by the Bell

School Song

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Nov 28, 1992 on NBC

• my absolute favourite episode

School Song was my absolutely favourite episode of Saved by the Bell despite it being on of the widely disliked 'Tori' episodes.

Although it really signifies the end of the series it made me smile especially Screech's attempt at a school song to the tune of 'Home On The Range'

The ending where the characters sing the winning song, always brings tears to my eyes.

It's just a shame that the show ended as i'm sure it could have gone on a lot longer.

This episode will always be my absolutely favourite of all the Saved By The Bell episode.
  • I like when they sing and zack tried to do everything for him to right the school song because he wanted to be remember by what he did for the school so the gang decided to get him back and mess up his school and to uses screeches, zack cheated.

Zack cheated so the gang wanted to get him back and they did at the end when they was singing the song that zack wrote they put something in his drink so when he started singing bubbles would come out and he was humilaiated so they used screeches song instead and they sounded real nice
  • This episode sees all of the gang trying to compose the new school song.

Zach is finally realising that he isn't going to be remembered for much other than the school joker. He comes up with an idea to have him remembered in a good light. He decides to come up with a new school song. He has a bit of competetion though, from Tori and Slater who he sabatages and also Lisa. He also has some competetion from Screech and in the end its between both of them. The others find out that it was Zach's fault that they didn't perform as well. They decide that revenge is sweeter in this case and give Zach lemon juice which takes away his voice when he starts singing.
  • The gang decides to write the new school song as the annual Senior Gift. Zack however has his own plans to sabotage his competitors and claim the sole right to the song so he can do down in Bayside history on a positive note instead of being a slacker.

The episode begins with the gang meeting in Beldings office trying to figure out what they should do as the annual Senior Gift. They choose to write a new school song, since the old one was pitiful and out of date. Zack comes into the meeting late and gets unusually made fun of by all the heads in the room as being always late, a slacker, etc.

He decides he doesnt want to me known as the town screw-up so he decides to make sure the new Bayside song is done by him and him only so that he'll be known for something positive. They hold a compeition over the PA system where each artist/group does their song and the students vote on it. First up is Slater and Tori. Zack f'd up one of the piano keys so during their performance they mess up because of Zacks scheme which leads to an argument between the two of them over the PA system, which killed any hopes of them winning. Screech is next and Zack automatically assumes that he'll bury himself but to the schools surprise some of them were actually liking his song. After the final votes were tallied Zack and Screech tied in votes to Zack disbelief. Their final performances will be with the glee club in front of an audience in which they will decide the winner. Zack believes that if he can get the nerd vote towards him the hes a shue in to win. Unfortunately Slater and the gang catch onto what hes doing. They put the pieces of the puzzle together and realize it was him who sabotaged their performances. They regroup and decide the best way to get back at him is to make him lose the final performance. Fast foward to the final performance. Slater slips some lemony stuff into Zacks drink right before he goes on stage to sing. About halfway through Zacks performance he starts fumbling over his words and gets a hoarse voice courtesy of Slaters lemony contraption. His set ends with the crowd in disbelief at how horrible it was. Backstage the gang comes clean to Zack about messing up his performance but say it was only revenge for what he originally did to them. Screech is up next and with some provisions of his lyrics by the gang, his song ends up being a success declaring his song officially the new school song.
  • RE: school song

Now if zack did not stabatoge anybody else song writing I believe he would have won and I believe he would have won too. Now for screech song he tried to write a song but he tried to rewrite home on the range instead. Like home on the range but to home of our school.