Saved by the Bell

Snow White and the Seven Dorks

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Nov 14, 1992 on NBC

• A nice twist on a classic fairy tale.

What can I say about the Snow White and the Seven Dorks episode of Saved by the Bell? Well, this is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series, mainly due to the way the writers put a modern twist on the fairy tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

One part that I really enjoyed about the episode happened at the beginning, with the drama club was deciding what play to produce. Zack suggesting to do the play they did the year before since they already knew the script was known by the students involved with the club was pretty comical, since he was showing his occasional slacker mentality. Another thing that I enjoyed about this scene was his reaction to Screech’s suggestion to using the fairy tale as their play and the geeks desire to have acting roles in it.

As the episode progresses, I enjoyed the way both Zack and Jessie were worried about how Kelly and Slater would react if they found out how they enjoyed kissing each other while practicing their scenes in the play. You could tell from each couple’s history that at least one of them would become jealous if they learned the other had feelings for someone else. It was their reaction to Zack and Jessie’s kiss that resulted in why I largely like this episode: I absolutely loved the way they improved their lines at times to explain to Kelly and Slater what happened between them, so they can be forgiven.

In all, these were some of the reasons why I enjoyed this episode of Saved by the Bell. Because, like the fairy tale the drama students acted out on stage, it had a happy ending.
WZME