Saved by the Bell

The Substitute

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Sep 30, 1989 on NBC

7.9
  • Romeo & Juliet plot.

Well even though Zack's puns got very annoying referencing about Romeo & Juliet all the time. Then Screech repeating it, the beginning was just that for a while, I like the deaf teacher, she is so funny. That's probably the funniest thing about the episode, Kelly, Jessie, and Lisa all fall for the substitute, now Zack & Slater team up to get rid of him, with the help of a paid actress, but he turns out to be really cool in the end. The fantasy in this episode was pretty good. The three brides & at some point they argue on who wants the substitute, I thought they were a bit out of hand, a great plot.
  • Warning: Contains spoilers.

This episode wasn't very well. I also noticed a minor blooper in this episode. When Ms. Simpson says shes going to get a chair on her desk to re act the scene of Romeo and Juliet perfectly, it's after a male puts the chair on her desk. But, this blooper isn't enough to ruin a whole episode, so I can just forgive that.

Now how do I ignore the stupid rules and review an episode with 100 words? Let's do the lovely plot. Ms. Simpson hurts her back and a lovely handsome man walks in as the subsitute teacher. Well, the girls find that very lovely but the males.. well, not so lovely. So, they look for a scheme to stop that, but it backfires. So, they ask for the subsitute's help and it works. Now, things are back to normal. Screech is still being denies and A.C. and the lovely Zack saves the day.

I thought this episode wasn't very well. Well, there were some moments that were hilarious, the idea of the episode was just not the best thing. But, it's just one out of many other episodes that have a chance of being good, so lets see what this turns out.