Saved

Code Zero

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 21, 2006 on TNT

• The first step to recovery is recognizing that there is a problem...

Code Zero provides viewers with a better understanding of Wyatt and his issues with gambling, adrenaline rushes, and relationship choices. I think that the writers present a very interesting coorelation between the hijacking junkies and Wyatt's own addiction with gambling. This episode allows the character to openly voice a little remorse about his gambling issues. I also found it interesting how the writers present a more sympathetic and understanding female in Wyatt's romantic life. The negative friction between Wyatt and Alice was getting a bit stagnant. Why do I share these little points? Well, there are a few things that people should remember when dealing with addiction and love. First, an addict cannot and will not let go of his or her addiction until he or she is ready. Second, in matters of love, if one person in the relationship requires fixing by the other, it probably will fail (Wyatt + pretty red head therapist= doomed relationship). The final point is that an addiction to love (which seems a bit obvious between Wyatt and Alice) is simply incurable. It is ever present in the banter and extra sultry stares between the characters every week and in this episode, the thought of losing Wyatt has shaken Alice up a bit more than she bargained for. Then again, this is all conjecture. We'll see.