Saved Forums

TNT (ended 2006)

Seems a little too simliar to Rescue Me

DigitLeBoid

[21]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 8
    It's definately too similar to Rescue Me, but it's still fun to watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Flyboy212EAW

[22]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    After watching every one of Rescue Me's episodes from season one to watching every one of Saved's episodes... it's like comparing oranges and apples to me. Same kind of genre,yes, two very different type of shows.

paradov_va

[23]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    Nikaratrenal wrote:
    I don't think that it was a horrible show, but it was WAY too unrealistic for me to ever be able to watch again. First of all, Wyatt didn't wear gloves when he was delivering the baby. What? That is enough to get him fired and give him a large lawsuit. Second, sex in an ambulance? Really? I was talking to a (real) paramedic today, and he said there is no way you would ever do that without getting fired, especially in the bay of a hospital. It's not like other people aren't walking by.
    You gotta be kiddin, right??? I been working as a medic for over 10 years, this show is what its really all about. I know in a perfect world latex gloves are worn all the time but in reality concrete and rebar tear latex. As for sex in an ambulance; its called the "Code 3 Club" and its really a rush especially looking through the window tint at passers-by while you get your freak on (another good place is the restroom on a closed ward in the hospital). I love the show, like I said its what my life is all about.

kellerwilliam02

[24]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 13
    TehDood wrote:
    This show sounds a little too familiar to me. It's a show about fire fighter's lives, called Rescue Me.

However, despite it's clone base, I am looking forward to this show and will watch.

its not at all. also the HTML you did screwed up. This is strictly about Paramedics EMT is the bottom rung they wouldn't be able to do IV's if they were EMT maybe EMT-P or EMT-I i forgot the standings but they're most definitely Paramedics. Secondly Rescue me is so far off base i stopped watching it. I'd rather watch Third Watch some could say they ripped on TW. Anyways Saved is a GREAT show.

jrmahoney

[25]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 5

[/QUOTE]  This is strictly about Paramedics EMT is the bottom rung they wouldn't be able to do IV's if they were EMT maybe EMT-P or EMT-I i forgot the standings but they're most definitely Paramedics. .[/QUOTE]

Actually EMT's are allowed to do IV's and Intubations. It's entirely up to the ambulance companies policies and the base hospitals protocols wheter they are allowed to practice these skills in the field. The show is one of the more realistic for dealing with the world of EMS. Gloves dont always get used and things go wrong quickly.

hawker_au

[26]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    'Rescue Me' and 'Saved' are their own shows - they are different, sure you can draw parallels, it's a drama about the emergency profession with personal lives involved, hold on - isn't that what most drama's are about? A job and home lives... Wait, hold on, every show must be 'Rescue Me'

I hope my attempt at sarcasm hits the right spot

'Saved' is a half decent drama, it has formed into it's own shows, personally I'd say 'Saved' is more like 'Third Watch' than 'Rescue Me' - but thats just me!