Saved

Secrets & Lies

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jul 31, 2006 on TNT

• Flashbacks, Knowledge, Compassion

Okay, see what did I tell you last time. This eppy and the coming eppies are going to be really terrific. So ... with the ever helpful use of flashbacks, we see the progression of Alice and Wyatt's relationship from conception to ending. Along with it, we meet Alice's mother Amanda and see some of her manic-depressive episodes. Gotta love the flashback sequences. We garner a lot of knowledge from this episode, again well done by cast crew and writers, showing us the angst that Alice went through trying to figure out what to do at a pivotal point in her life. We see that Wyatt comes to the conclusion that it was her mother that talked Alice into NOT keeping the child, and in a round about way, it ended up being, not Amanda's idea in-so-much, as her irresponsible actions during one of her manic episodes. Tragic, terribly tragic and to add fodder to the fire, Wyatt completely jumps to the wrong conclusions. We do see that everything comes together in the end. When Wyatt learns the true story from Alice, and finds out how utterly devestated she was at losing their child, he finds the understanding and compassion he couldn't have given her at the time of the incident. Another well written and well acted episode. I, as always, look forward to the next.
  • Flashbacks! Yay. :)

Great insight into Wyatt and Alice's past. I think they deserved and should've had that baby. First time there's been a flashback into the past of the main characters. It's a nice change from the usual flashbacks belonging to the victims. Alice's mother, a very interesting character. Hope she comes back some time. For once, there's character development, Wyatt and Alice actually sit down and talk.

I like the fact Angela and Harper are becoming more friendlier, it was good for Harper to stick up to that gangster guy and tell him it's a hospital. He speaks Spanish cuz he was once with some girl. That's the best way to learn a language. :)