Saving Grace Forums

TNT (ended 2010)

It's Holly Hunter's fault ...

Shadow399

[1]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 2

Saving Grace is said to return for a few episodes in the winter, and have a short season four before its cancellation. But the fall of the show is not because of poor ratings, but because of Holly Hunter (Grace Hanadarko). Her, being a popular actress, was being paid a lot of money for her role on the show, putting it in danger. So long, it was good for the time it lasted...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lauren___Graham

[2]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 7
    Shadow399 wrote:

Saving Grace is said to return for a few episodes in the winter, and have a short season four before its cancellation. But the fall of the show is not because of poor ratings, but because of Holly Hunter (Grace Hanadarko). Her, being a popular actress, was being paid a lot of money for her role on the show, putting it in danger. So long, it was good for the time it lasted...

If you don't like Holly Hunter, why are you watching? She won an Academy Award, she brought a lot of fame to the show from the beginning... and Laura San Giacomo of course. Don't blame it on her. And there is one more season to wrap the storylines up.

pgsuperfan

[3]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 25

I wish that TNT will change their but they most likely won't

haldrey

[4]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 22
    Don'T know but to me the writers went to far with fall miracle and they do not know how to get out.

pgsuperfan

[5]Apr 13, 2010

I have been watching but this last season does not seem to be as good as it was when it firstaired in 07

BobbiSpurlin

[6]May 14, 2010
    • level: 1
    i am hoping that another network will pick it up

tjaman

[7]May 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    Don't blame Holly Hunter. The show has gotten very weird and very Catholic, Tom Irwin's dream of her as a saint, "pray over my baby's photo," holy coffee stains, stealing the holy garments from her hospital room, angels everywhere and a lot less talk about the many-paths model to salvation these days -- I'm still watching it but it is seriously odd. >_>

pgsuperfan

[8]May 25, 2010

Some how I am glad the show is ending the writing has reall gotten bad the last season

mothermayhem55

[9]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 4
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/08/tnt-issued-a-press-release-today-announcing-its-plans-for-a-shortened-nine-episode-final-season-of-saving-grace-the-cable-ne.html

Redfeather54

[10]Jun 6, 2010

It is not Holly Hunters fault. The show did not produce enough revenue and did not bring in enough money from sponsors. There was a lot of fulse stories put out in the beginning when the news broke that the show was being cancelled.

Redfeather54

[11]Jun 6, 2010

TNT is owned by Fox, and they would not agree to another season. I think the writers ran out of ideas. Also to much religion, booze and tobacco and I think that killed the show. I was hoping another network would pick it up, but it does not seen likely. All the actors has moved on. It really is ashamed. It was a head of its time. I loved Leon Rippy in this series. All the characters meshed so well together. You do not see that often. It really is ashamed. Fox kills alot of good shows and keeps on crap. I really dont bother with them that much. Find a good show, one you like, and it always gets cancelled.

zitzitta

[12]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 8

I don't know whose fault it is but I know this: anytime a show is different, it gets axed. People seem to want always the same old same old. Please, don't make me use my head for anything else than brushing my hair! This show was so special, so unique,... If you only scanned the surface, it seemed bawdry, superficial, but it delivered plenty of good messages and we were able to see Grace evolve season by season. Too bad these things go over most people's head. Let's have another dose of Big Brother, or Dancing with the stars or whatever that allows my IQ to flatline! I'm not saying this show was for "smarties" but way better than whatever they'll put in its stead, for sure!

Edited on 06/08/2010 6:46am

angeland8

[13]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 10
    Actually I think the show made it for 3 seasons thanks to her. No doubt, it's a great show with good script, good actors and so on, but having an Oscar-winning actress in main cast definitely helped.

Veneza

[14]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 5

It's too bad it was canceled. I'm watching the second season on FOX Next here in Portugal and i never miss an episode. I'm a fan of almost the entire cast and so far the episodes have been pretty consistent and the characters are deep and well constructed. Yes, they are **** up and kinda lost but aren't we all in our own way?