A Scandal Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on ABC
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Scandal

Join in on the Scandal general show discussion.

Discussion
Dec 06, 2013
Scandal S03E09 "YOLO" Review: No Pain No Gain.

Although quite a few scandalous things happened in this episode, it didn't quite work for me. I found the pacing erratic, the scenes felt patched up together rather than blending smoothly in a narrative flow. I don't know. It wasn't bad, there were some great moments even, but it feels like Scandal is going to end its mid season finale with a whimper rather than a bang, if I am to judge by the below par quality of the last two episodes. I hope I'm wrong.

Let's start with huck and Quinn. Some people were shocked and bewildered by Huck's actions. I'm not. Of course he doesn't *have * to torture Quinn. She's so scared in this first scene that it is likely she would have fessed up everything on the spot if she didn't have a mouthful of duct tape ...Read more
Discussion
Nov 17, 2013
Scandal S03E07 "Everything's Coming Up Mellie" Review: Collateral Damages.

Mellie. Oh, Mellie...

Excuse me while I push my jaw back into place and unplug myself off the saline I.V. This week was all about collateral damages, embodied in three main characters: Olivia, Mellie and Quinn. The episode was packed to the brim with drama, some predictable, some absolutely freaking less so.

On the predictable front we had the Remington plot and Quinn being used by B613. Olivia recruits OPA to find out what happened to her mother. It is a logical step, if a dangerous one which is why Olivia initially warns the rest of her team and offer them an out. Speaking of Olivia, the woman is at her lowest ebb, hollowed out by what she knows, or think she knows about the Remington operation: her father and Fitz are responsible for her mother's death.

The love of her life is suddenly a stranger and she ...Read more
Discussion
Nov 09, 2013
Help: What did Mellie say about Josie Marcus?
Can someone please tell me, what Mellie badmouthed about Josie Marcus couple of episodes ago? English isn't my mother-tongue... thanks!
Discussion
Nov 08, 2013
Scandal S03E06 "Icarus" Review: Welcome to The Labyrinth

I haven't written an episode review since the fanzine days of the X-Files. So please bear with me.
~~~~
Stuff that happened last week:

1) Huck'n Jake found out the Remington plot involved Papa Pope ordering Fitz to shoot down a plane over Iceland, a plane where Olivia's mum was a passenger – which pretty much sucks.

2) Mellie shamelessly begged Olivia in a heartbreaking “Come Back To Us” speech, which thankfully distracted me from staring unblinking at Olivia's dress wondering how she'd managed to break into Klaus Nomi's linen closet. I can understand the black & white, conflicted nature, blah blah blah, symbolism of the outfit, but boy, I needed eye drops after this.

3) Phoebe Marcus is running for president but her sister is actually her daughter who was raised by her mother, so it is putting a bit of a spanner in the democratic ...Read more
staff
Discussion
Nov 04, 2013
POTUS' Kids
I realise that as a whole Scandal is totally unbelievable and far fetched (chiefly Fitz being a republican) and yet the one thing that keeps bothering me about it more than anything is the fact that in 2 and a bit seasons we have yet to meet or even get a glimpse of Fitz and Mellie's kids. It just seems so odd that something as minor as casting two adolescents for a scene or two in the 40 or so episodes we had so far was something the writers never even seemed to entertain. Not even when we saw Fitz on the campaign trail or posing for family photos with America's baby.

The last thing Scandal needs is a parallel teenage story line (see Homeland) and I don't think Shonda even knows how to write kids but considering several and repeated mentions were made of said mysterious ...Read more
Discussion
Nov 04, 2013
Mellie Grant: Emotionally Crippled Loving Evil Genius?
On Scandal, I always assumed Olivia Pope would remain my favorite female character. I mean there wasn't much in terms of competition right? Until Mellie came along. She wasn't much of a contender to begin with but Shonda Rhimes must have recognized her worth because over the course of three seasons Mellie has been given more and more screen time and increasingly killer lines. And Bellamy Young damn well deserves it! The way she took that ball and is running away with it is pure joy to witness.

From the get go Mellie showed potential - the calculating look she gives Fitz and Liv when she appears through the door right on the heels of their "One Minute", told us she really didn't need a road map to know exactly where her husband and his campaign manager were heading.

Mellie quickly proved that she would stop at nothing ...Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Aired
Episode 17 Season 3
Flesh and Blood
Aired
Episode 16 Season 3
The Fluffer
Aired
Episode 15 Season 3
Mama Said Knock You Out
Aired
Episode 14 Season 3
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Aired
President Fitzgerald Grant
Olivia Pope
Cyrus Beene
Mellie Grant
Jake Ballard

Based on the real-life PR expert Judy Smith, Shonda Rhimes is producing a new project about a crisis management pro (played by Kerry Washington) and her dysfunctional staff.

• 8:00 pm
    Bad Teacher Nix the Fat Week
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Bet on Your Baby
    NEW
    ABC
  • 8:30 pm
    Bad Teacher Life Science
    NEW
    CBS