Scandal

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Apr 05, 2012 In Season

AJMeredith

Scandal Fan Reviews (100)

• Intriguing as eff :D

Great characters and tons of jaw dropping moments !
  • Too much of a good thing

Seasons one and two of this show were great quick, intense and hot! Olivia's character, when not distant, seemingly unemotional and lacking affect, can be abrasive. That's part of what made so much of the show work. It made sense given her profession within the plot, and somewhat differentiated her from the story's many strong characters. Her manner of speaking - timing, cadence, emphasis was dramatic and unique. (As an aside, I must say that I have always found unappealing, in fact, unattractive, the way she curls her lip and pouts her lips when respectively on, or winding up to the attack. Yet, I suppose it works with her

Unfortunately, increasingly in subsequent seasons, the idea that more of the good thing is better is infiltrating the show's creative team, as one after another character takes on an almost identical manner/pattern of speech. It's gone beyond odd, I now find it annoying, almost to the point of lacking appeal.

Also, though admittedly steamy, there have been a few scenes in some of the most recent episodes, where sexual situations seemed either random and gratuitous, or over the top. I'm not by any stretch, a prude, and I am very much a fan of sexual tension. I understand that complex relationships can go from hot to cold, and back again, quickly. I also understand that sex sells. but I would have expected its inclusion to have fit better.

Lastly, I'm sure there exists in writing, especially for television, a fine line of balance in the pace of the story, and, of course, the show is entitled Scandal. Yet, though perhaps I am not paying close enough attention, I have a sense that some of the ongoing, background scandals both cycle too quickly and are disjointed.

If there exists another resource for filing comments such as these, I would appreciate that information. Thanks.
  • Speechless

I'm done watching, they crossed the line. I really give a big fat zero for their rating, but it won't let me post lower than a 2,
  • Too Sappy

I just can't reconcile a supposedly powerful lead character that is so emotionally weak. Too many scenes with the puppy dog eyes and the sad faces and crying. The show has potential but Olivia has to be stronger if you want the viewers to buy into her character.
  • Used to be good.

Season 2 had my heart in my throat. Season 3 wasn't bad, but that ending was HORRIBLE. Now season 4 is GARBAGE. Scandal had the potential to keep going strong, but it failed. I have moved on to How to get away with murder and love it more than I ever loved Scandal. Don't waste your time. Watch up until season 3, then stop.
    Every character is speaking "Olivia" style.. EVEN HUCK!!! WHY??? Huck playing a video game??? WHAT??? Has Shondra burned out? Scandal SUX now!!! Who are these characters??? SUX!!! Grey's and HTGAWM are barely watchable!!! SUX!!! Where did all of the creative writers go???
  • I just deleted Scandal from my recorded Series

Doesn't it seem like they fired all the talent writers/directors last year and hired a new batch from a local HS Drama club this year?

I simply can not watch this drivel. Some good actors/actresses absolutely wasting their time performing this drivel.
  • Dial it back

I love the show's story and I can't watch it anymore.

Olivia's character was smart, strong, and witty. She had this quick paced way of speaking that turned every conversation into a performance. Bravo. But then they made her angry and sped-up her pace so her performances were overacted. Booo. Now, they've given every character this same angry-witty-quick talk that is overacted, and its ruined the show. Goodbye Scandal.
  • whoooaaaaaa!

Seriously, whooooaaaa......

I think it's one of the strongest season premieres of fall 2014.

(Although Millie was barely visible in the premiere, I got a funny vibe and I hope that means that she will show us a whole new person this really couldn't stand the hysterical moron she was up 'till now)

• My guilty pleasure!

I absolutely looooove Scandal, my number one show on TV. Love Olitz and i'm hoping they'll end up together. I'll stop watching the show when it ends.
  • Too much Kerry Washington

at first, i really like this tv show, the story, the plot, the twist. However, i just want to say this real quick. I am sorry but Kerry Washington will never win Emmy for leading actress due to her overreacting emotion in this tv show. Kerry washington tries too much and it's like so fake everytime i see her in Scandal. Even I noticed the way she walked in white house aisle or any aisle was fake, as if she tries so much to look cool and slutty sexy. I am sorry but if you guys are into tv show and acting, you will see why Kerry washington will never win an Emmy for Scandal. Shonda Rhimes needs to tell her to be natural and not overreacting. I don't mean to be rude but Kerry Washington is the problem.
  • I'm a geek about Scandal

This is my newest obsession. I honestly don't know why it took me so long to start watching this brilliant show. Shonda Rhimes outdone herself with this. I mean it! As I have already told you, I'm not big on romance, but I truly believe it has one of the most exciting, intriguing, stimulating love story of all the shows I'm watched or have watched in the past.

Apart from that, every episode is getting your suspense to the point of climax and not letting you finish because you need to see the next oneand the next oneand then you get addicted like me, and start writing blog posts about it like a complete lunatic. But it's ok. I'm handling it. *takes deep breath*

• Utter Crap

I can't believe that this show has run for three years. The lead actress (?) is practically emotionless and (at least from what I have seen when watching this crap [my wife watches it]) should really consider a new profession. It seems that her only emotion is in the volume of her voice...

The incessant "camera shutter noise" should really stop. It adds nothing to the show and only serves to piss my wife off when I imitate the noise every time it happens (~30seconds).
  • The outside womanwhat a romance

This entire series is bullshiteach and every part of itwell not every part but mostly:

1) the twisted romance that these stupid women watch. In real life, the President would have disappeared her the same way every high profile political man has killed their mistress.

Continues to perpetuate the story that the married man will leave his wife for you if u wait long enuf when there is actually someone else you can go women who are with a married man don't have or cannot get a single man.

2) the secret agency that civilians could take down???

3) her father tried to kill her a million times, gave the order and suddenly its one big happy family? Really? Shonda Rhimes shud stick to Greys Anatomy. But considering Grey was with a married man I think Rhimes has a personal issue with this. in love with a married manthis is all for the outside women...

however, Cyrus's character is incrediblesome of the lines are really good.

• No more teeth pulling or drilling.

I like scandal but I am so tired of all the drilling on human flesh this is disgusting and I turn it off the rest of time the show is on .change some of your format torture and drills are a bit to much very stupid with all the dumb drama. I will not see the finale and please change something no more tooth pulling and drills please pastor Hartwell.
  • Why is it always summer in DC

They never show any of the four seasons that actually exist in DC. It's always summer time. They never stop wearing winter clothes and coats. It's 90 degrees and humid in summer. Where is spring, fall, and winter? Just plain stupid.
  • Love this show..

I love this show.. Sure it has some small flaws. but what show doesn't (I miss Quinn being a gladiator) i don't think I have ever have a show a 10 before. Oh wait, I may have gave the blacklist a 10. I hope The new shows coming out like crisis and believe r not a precursor to what dull shows that will b premiering next fall.
  • Millie Millie Mille when will you ever learn....

best show. I am truly a fan. I make the whole house shut down when this is on. SHHHHH honey mommy is watching Scandal. LOl.....
  • So many twists and turns!!

This show keeps me tuning in every week. I feel conflicted for cheering for a mistress over a wife, but darn this show is good!!!
  • who else is tired of this?

I have been watching Scandal since the beginning and always loved it. But I am so sick of the anger - EVERYONE is angry at EVERYONE. The acting is getting so over-dramatic. They are all seething and pissed off at someone or something. I think a lot of the scenes could be done just as effectively without the over-dramatic anger.
  • Overrated: Not Good

I don't want to play devil's advocate, but I do not find this show interesting. It reminds me of a low production crappy soap opera with the White House/political ties slapped on it as a brand. The characters are not interesting. The stories are predictable. There is not enough good drama I believe. I just could not sit through more than two episodes. It is just similar to a show like Dallas with soap opera elements to me which has been overdone for 50 years on television. It takes place in the White House in You tell me, okay so what! It could have the actual President on the show and still be the overrated, hot garbage that it is. I don't like shows that just focus on affairs and stupid personal crap without much actual interesting information. Who would waste an hour watching this? Big waste of time and highly overrated
  • my favorite show hands down

I am completely in love with this show when i first seen it i was on Netflix just scrolling side ways trying fine something good and this show pop up I watch it after seeingthe first episode i was addicted and finish the first season and the second season so quick and waited patiently for a knew while replay the first 2i love it and can't getenough
  • I like the show but....

I was wondering if I was the only one having problem with this photo camera flash light effect they use between the scenes? These constant flashes give me a headache. It's just too much! Such a pity: I like the show but this will force me to stop watching... I give it 6 only because of the flashes other ways it would be a 9.
  • Intrigued but?

5.5
    After watching season 1-3 straight out in 2 days I can say is they should put a full stop on Fitz & Olivia on off 7-Eleven relationship been dragging too long.
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....

JUST WANTED TO WISH ALL THE FANS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :)))
  • Love it!

Best show on ABC!
  • Cutting Short???!!

The cut down the episodes this season??? and they're still taking a mid season break??

No appreciation for the fans.....
  • Political soapiness at its best....

Season 1 was great, season 2 fantastic, and yet Shonda still managed to kick it up a notch in season 3. Filled with drama, suspense and complex characters. Yes they do talk a little fast, but honestly, it's basically the only downside, so get over it. Can't believe doesn't review this show weekly.
  • Low morals in high places

Government like a mediaeval court.

Lust for power, overcoming love everywhere. The writer must have had a really messy divorce. Not a single normal character who can survive more than two episodes. A series of Type A personalities fighting in a cock pit to rule the roost.

You're not meant to like any of the characters, each more wonderfully flawed than the last. You're meant to marvel at how low they will go.

Revenge is based on the Count of Monte Christo, redeeming an injustice. This is based on Suetonius's Life of the Caesars and Tiberius and Nero are coming up smelling of roses by comparison.

I don't see how anyone can end well, only on top. I just hope the writers don't sell out.

Its the best thing on television.

• What did they say????

Okay, I've read all the reviews and so far have not read a thing about how fast these people talk. Now I get that this show is supposed to be fast and exciting and the people in it are super smart, but NOBODY talks this fast. and it would be okay at that speed if you could understand them. Half the time I reverse the show, turn off the sound and then READ what they have just said. This is annoying. It won't take away from the show to have them slow down just a little.
< 1 2 3 4