Scandal

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Apr 05, 2012 Returning September 25th, 2014

AJMeredith

Scandal Fan Reviews (90)

• Too much Kerry Washington

at first, i really like this tv show, the story, the plot, the twist. However, i just want to say this real quick. I am sorry but Kerry Washington will never win Emmy for leading actress due to her overreacting emotion in this tv show. Kerry washington tries too much and it's like so fake everytime i see her in Scandal. Even I noticed the way she walked in white house aisle or any aisle was fake, as if she tries so much to look cool and slutty sexy. I am sorry but if you guys are into tv show and acting, you will see why Kerry washington will never win an Emmy for Scandal. Shonda Rhimes needs to tell her to be natural and not overreacting. I don't mean to be rude but Kerry Washington is the problem.
  • I'm a geek about Scandal

This is my newest obsession. I honestly don't know why it took me so long to start watching this brilliant show. Shonda Rhimes outdone herself with this. I mean it! As I have already told you, I'm not big on romance, but I truly believe it has one of the most exciting, intriguing, stimulating love story of all the shows I'm watched or have watched in the past.

Apart from that, every episode is getting your suspense to the point of climax and not letting you finish because you need to see the next oneand the next oneand then you get addicted like me, and start writing blog posts about it like a complete lunatic. But it's ok. I'm handling it. *takes deep breath*

• Utter Crap

I can't believe that this show has run for three years. The lead actress (?) is practically emotionless and (at least from what I have seen when watching this crap [my wife watches it]) should really consider a new profession. It seems that her only emotion is in the volume of her voice...

The incessant "camera shutter noise" should really stop. It adds nothing to the show and only serves to piss my wife off when I imitate the noise every time it happens (~30seconds).
  • The outside womanwhat a romance

This entire series is bullshiteach and every part of itwell not every part but mostly:

1) the twisted romance that these stupid women watch. In real life, the President would have disappeared her the same way every high profile political man has killed their mistress.

Continues to perpetuate the story that the married man will leave his wife for you if u wait long enuf when there is actually someone else you can go women who are with a married man don't have or cannot get a single man.

2) the secret agency that civilians could take down???

3) her father tried to kill her a million times, gave the order and suddenly its one big happy family? Really? Shonda Rhimes shud stick to Greys Anatomy. But considering Grey was with a married man I think Rhimes has a personal issue with this. in love with a married manthis is all for the outside women...

however, Cyrus's character is incrediblesome of the lines are really good.

• No more teeth pulling or drilling.

I like scandal but I am so tired of all the drilling on human flesh this is disgusting and I turn it off the rest of time the show is on .change some of your format torture and drills are a bit to much very stupid with all the dumb drama. I will not see the finale and please change something no more tooth pulling and drills please pastor Hartwell.
  • Why is it always summer in DC

They never show any of the four seasons that actually exist in DC. It's always summer time. They never stop wearing winter clothes and coats. It's 90 degrees and humid in summer. Where is spring, fall, and winter? Just plain stupid.
  • Love this show..

I love this show.. Sure it has some small flaws. but what show doesn't (I miss Quinn being a gladiator) i don't think I have ever have a show a 10 before. Oh wait, I may have gave the blacklist a 10. I hope The new shows coming out like crisis and believe r not a precursor to what dull shows that will b premiering next fall.
  • Millie Millie Mille when will you ever learn....

best show. I am truly a fan. I make the whole house shut down when this is on. SHHHHH honey mommy is watching Scandal. LOl.....
  • So many twists and turns!!

This show keeps me tuning in every week. I feel conflicted for cheering for a mistress over a wife, but darn this show is good!!!
  • who else is tired of this?

I have been watching Scandal since the beginning and always loved it. But I am so sick of the anger - EVERYONE is angry at EVERYONE. The acting is getting so over-dramatic. They are all seething and pissed off at someone or something. I think a lot of the scenes could be done just as effectively without the over-dramatic anger.
  • Overrated: Not Good

I don't want to play devil's advocate, but I do not find this show interesting. It reminds me of a low production crappy soap opera with the White House/political ties slapped on it as a brand. The characters are not interesting. The stories are predictable. There is not enough good drama I believe. I just could not sit through more than two episodes. It is just similar to a show like Dallas with soap opera elements to me which has been overdone for 50 years on television. It takes place in the White House in You tell me, okay so what! It could have the actual President on the show and still be the overrated, hot garbage that it is. I don't like shows that just focus on affairs and stupid personal crap without much actual interesting information. Who would waste an hour watching this? Big waste of time and highly overrated
  • my favorite show hands down

I am completely in love with this show when i first seen it i was on Netflix just scrolling side ways trying fine something good and this show pop up I watch it after seeingthe first episode i was addicted and finish the first season and the second season so quick and waited patiently for a knew while replay the first 2i love it and can't getenough
  • I like the show but....

I was wondering if I was the only one having problem with this photo camera flash light effect they use between the scenes? These constant flashes give me a headache. It's just too much! Such a pity: I like the show but this will force me to stop watching... I give it 6 only because of the flashes other ways it would be a 9.
  • Intrigued but?

5.5
    After watching season 1-3 straight out in 2 days I can say is they should put a full stop on Fitz & Olivia on off 7-Eleven relationship been dragging too long.
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....

JUST WANTED TO WISH ALL THE FANS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :)))
  • Love it!

Best show on ABC!
  • Cutting Short???!!

The cut down the episodes this season??? and they're still taking a mid season break??

No appreciation for the fans.....
  • Political soapiness at its best....

Season 1 was great, season 2 fantastic, and yet Shonda still managed to kick it up a notch in season 3. Filled with drama, suspense and complex characters. Yes they do talk a little fast, but honestly, it's basically the only downside, so get over it. Can't believe doesn't review this show weekly.
  • Low morals in high places

Government like a mediaeval court.

Lust for power, overcoming love everywhere. The writer must have had a really messy divorce. Not a single normal character who can survive more than two episodes. A series of Type A personalities fighting in a cock pit to rule the roost.

You're not meant to like any of the characters, each more wonderfully flawed than the last. You're meant to marvel at how low they will go.

Revenge is based on the Count of Monte Christo, redeeming an injustice. This is based on Suetonius's Life of the Caesars and Tiberius and Nero are coming up smelling of roses by comparison.

I don't see how anyone can end well, only on top. I just hope the writers don't sell out.

Its the best thing on television.

• What did they say????

Okay, I've read all the reviews and so far have not read a thing about how fast these people talk. Now I get that this show is supposed to be fast and exciting and the people in it are super smart, but NOBODY talks this fast. and it would be okay at that speed if you could understand them. Half the time I reverse the show, turn off the sound and then READ what they have just said. This is annoying. It won't take away from the show to have them slow down just a little.
  • A guilty pleasure

This show has become one of my favorites!
  • addictive

So I've watched the first 2 seasons over the last 2 days and it's addictive. the first season is not so great but this show is getting better and better.

The concept of the show is original even if I'm not sure if the Olivia/Fitz love-story can go further because it's becoming boring the "i love you" but "we can't be together"...
  • THE WHITE HOUSE OPERATION

It is catchy but there is fast approaching a time that this serie will have to take a line on what Olivia Pope and others are going end up doing. It is frustrated to continually have sit and wonder what the President will do and IF the expectation is that Olivia is going to be the NEW first Lady then it will set breaking ground for new thinking in the political arena. It will also open the door for somewhat dysfunctional politics and those who so easily get corrupted. The President will have to pay in a major manner for his discretions. Until such time it remains a rivitting show!
  • Better Late Than Never

I was introduced to this show by accident and was floored by three early revelations.

1. Despite the title, this wasn't another 'Revenge' or 'Dallas' or any of the other ridiculous one word titled prime time soaps

2. Not only is it not a soap, based on nothing by the original series promo, it isn't AT ALL what I thought it was

3. The very reason for me finding out about it, it's the first show in my lifetime, not produced by Bill Cosby, to have a black woman as a female lead.

That last detail was enough for me to dig up the first two seasons and give this show a legit shot. And now, here I am, all caught up after being WAY late to the party. I can say I both LOVE and HATE this show.

Between the statements and predictions that have been as wrong as Quinn is a to Cyrus is in love with catching up on these reviews with the knowledge of what comes later is great fun. As is the yoyo of emotions on various characters like FLOTUS is awesome! FLOTUS sucks! POTUS is a jerk! POTUS is romantic! The only single commonality that I can find seems to be my take seems to be opposite.

Which brings on why I hate this . Here we have a show with intelligent and beautiful women in positions of power who are often in situations when they can flaunt their mental and political muscles and routinely show just how much smarter they are than just about everybody around them. Because they're so good in these roles, it drives me nuts to see them acting like and being treated like disposable whores who are at the beck and call of wildly insecure men who inexplicably have some sort of Jedi power over them. When it comes to shows and movies, I don't have any real issue with misogyny. It's a human trait, it's not uncommon and portraying it seems fairly reasonable. But why Olivia, Mellie and Abby allow themselves to be treated by Fitz and David the way they I don't understand.

The Abby/David story line had me confused. Mostly because obvious Abby has some deep seeded issues with regard to domestic rightly so. She was however quick to dismiss those issues after a little time out where David is concerned. Flirting, silent booty calls and dreamy glances towards a guy, who as far as she knew at the time, beat the crap out of his ex. Seriously Abby (and by Abby I mean Shonda) WTF?!?!?

Say what you want about Mellie being cold and ruthless and uncaring, she is the PERFECT match for President Dbag. She knows the political game, has trouble separating her feelings from the job and when those lines blur, she occasionally overreaches and creates chaos for those around does that sound like? But for as much as a "politician's wife" as she is, I can't comprehend some of her reactions to down right cruel words and actions from Fitz. I know he's the President, but she's put up with A LOT.

Which brings me to the queen of . Routinely treated like a cheap whore, emotionally manipulated and strung along, having her heart broken at least 4 times that I can count and at just about every opportunity, will lay herself out for Fitz to do what Fitz does, be a complete POS, spout the stereotypical abuser excuse, "I love you too much, baby" lines and get what he at least what he wants at the moment because he's a complete child. I get him as a character and I'm okay with that. But Olivia falling for his game time and time and time still take exception to that and words can't describe how anti Olivia/Fitz I am and have been since since pretty much the pilot. But on to the there's SOOOO much good.

The good is pretty much everything else outside of the sexual relationships on this show. Olivia & Huck, Olivia & Harrison and Quinn & Huck are easily my favourite dynamics and I'd be at a loss to say I'll ever tires of scenes with these characters. Olivia and Huck, two fundamentally broken people for completely different reasons. Both devoutly loyal to the two steal episodes with their scenes. And speaking of blind loyalty, Harrison rocks! So appreciative of Olivia saving him that he doesn't question and won't judge anything she if he knows it's wrong. It's simple and it's fine by me. Huck and didn't see it coming, but this was absolutely the "I wish it would happen relationship" of the series. I'm still a little unsure about this whole Quinn having the same traits and addiction potential as Huck, but I think he can fix her of that. Or at least he'd better, cause I like those two, even if they're just friends.

Cyrus and James might be my second favourite gay couple ever after Argon and Nasir. Hell, those two pairs are right up their with my favourite couples regardless of orientation. But I think these two embody what's best about this show. It's not the "client of the week" or the grand conspiracies or latest the relationships between the characters. Sometimes they're flawed and sometimes they're unhealthy, but IMO that's what this show is all I dig it. But seriously, give Olivia a crumb of something positive and healthy in her personal please? No more ridiculous, self absorbed, manipulative, abusive, childish, lying, spying, assaulting men in her personal life. Is that really too much to ask?

Okay, back to catching up on the recaps. Laughing at the wrong predictions, smiling at the right interpretations and seeing if ever what I feel about various characters matches up with Lily's :)
  • Amazing

its nice to see a good show on the network channels as the best dramas are now featured on cable, Scandal is turning out to be a great show as the writers are able to weave out story lines that are connected to the main issue of the dirty side of politics, Kerry Washington is fantastic as the lead and deserves all the accolades for her perfomance.
  • Where are Olivia and Fitz Headed?!?

Overall Scandal is a great show, but there are a couple of inconsistencies in Shonda's writing that drives me crazy. The main quam is the relationship between Fitz and Olivia. Where are they going as a couple? I am tired of them being pulled away from the fans. I can't take the back and forth, so either they are going to be together or not. Shonda make up your mind.

• More love

Shonda, what about more love between Olivia and the president?
  • Really awesome

I love this show, the plot lines, the characters are perfect, i just wish though that the plots revolving around the president should reduce, and they should get different stories everytime, just like the first few episodes where there was a different client and different issue in every episode and the team tackling it , was fun to watch
  • FInally

A Great show with a minority lead that is not a comedy. Thank you Shonda Rhimes and ABC. We have a minority President and Networks finally think Black people came be more than comic relief. Now we only have to hope that ABC doesn't Change the time and date it is aired and tank the show.
  • CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 3

Really Rhimes, u need to take that Olivia Pope character down like a million the bit--h is obnoxious not to mention sanctimonious. soften her character with a really big dose of humility.

And oh, that wig or weave or whatever she has going on ontop of her head, please please please I beg of u, change it next season. Other than her I really like the show, cant wait for season 3. Nice work.
ABC