Scandal

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Apr 05, 2012 Between Seasons

AJMeredith

Scandal Fan Reviews (118)

• Super sappy and hyper emotional

This show had great promise. With a great original cast and strong first season, this show was shaping up to be something remarkable. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good at being clever and interesting, but Kerry Washington's character's hyper emotional, over-the-top, and plain ridiculous overreaction to seemingly every little thing is just annoying. I don't think she's stopped frowning since season 3. With an unlikeable roster of supporting characters, and a penchant for stuffing an intolerable amount of hormones induced time-filler sex and emotional tension, I just don't see the point of this show anymore. This show has become so unbelievably monotonous and unsubstantial that it hurts. It had so much potential, but alas I find myself hopping off at the season 4 finale before I start resenting this show any further. Such a shame.
  • Lalalove it.

Been my favorite show for months now, seen every episode. Though the main actress Kerry Washington acts weird/overreacts, that's how she's supposed to be; how actors/actresses are... If she was supposed to react how people normally would, this would be a reality show. Action, romance, thrill, suspense, and plot twists MAKE this show. Worth 10 point rating all the way.
  • I'm out of here

4.5
    I used to like this show a lot. I thought season 1 was great. Season 2 was good too with so many scandals and plots happening. However, season 4 is just getting so ridiculous. The writers seem to think up all these crazy, over the top stories just to out do the previous storylines. It doesn't help that the characters themselves are not nice people, so it's very hard to root for them when they get into trouble. I thought they were supposed to be white knights. They seem to be in season 1, but now they are just horrible people with no redeeming qualities. So, I'm sorry to say, I've stopped watching. It's very rare for me to stop watching a series that I've followed for a few years as I usually carry on just to see what happens at the end. But I just can't bring myself to do that for this show as all the characters annoy me. It's a shame really. It could have been so good...
  • Too much,Kerry Washington

At first, i really like this tv show, the story, the plot, the twist. However, i just want to say this real quick. I am sorry but Kerry Washington will never win Emmy for leading actress due to her overreacting emotion in this tv show. Kerry washington tries too much and it annoys me (and many ppl who watched it) everytime i see her in Scandal. Even I noticed the way she walked in white house aisle or any aisle was ugh! , as if she tries so much to look cool and slutty sexy. I am sorry but if you guys are into tv show and acting, you will see why Kerry washington will never win an Emmy for Scandal. Shonda Rhimes needs to tell her to be natural and not overreacting. I don't mean to be rude but Kerry Washington is the problem.
  • What in the world happened to Scandal writing?

Olivia needs to find someone new. The Fitz/Olivia storyline is getting stupid and it is old. Fitz needs to fall back in love with his wife since he plans to stand by her side at her stupid campaign to be VP. The Gay wedding in a republican white house was silly and unrealistic. Gay graphic love scenes (even graphic heterosexual love scenes are offending). It can be implied-- and then get back to the Scandal!. The show has lost its focus. If she truly has PSTD from being kidnapped, why would she take a strange man picked up at a bar, into her home and bed?--esp. after she worked so hard to have a million locks on her door! An insult to anyone who has had PTSD. If she has PTSD, work the story line. That is a real disorder that impacts thousands of people exposed to trauma. Maybe she can fall in love with her psychiatrist who ends up being a spy who is trying to get intel on the white house. Get back to spy, espionage, and fixing scandals in Washington. This last episode about Jake and bringing the father back (finally!) was the best. Let's bring the mother back too, she's good. And some new
  • What to say about Scandal....

get this out the favorite - Joe Morton (acting as Rowan) riveting least favorite - Oliva/Fitz/Jake (characters) irritating/annoying/tiresome... a tiresome threesome. First three seasons had a few rough areas this season seems to be FILLED with rough thing bringing me back is the hope to see father POPE and I just watched the last episode and he is at the door wait for the next episode.
  • i am done Way too much Male Gayness ..

I am done with this show.. I never minded the gay point of view and I turn the channel when it got to much now like you can get away with is a choice

. But not for me.. sorry.
  • Pope Can Do It All!

Just love this show. I have from the beginning. I'm curious how they will keep the seasons going. President is out after this term. I guess they are going to actually let Melly become Pres. They may keep the show going but I can't get onboard with her being voted in as President.
  • Get back

4.5
    Whatever happened to the old Scandal? The one we couldn't wait to watch every week? A story that Pope and Assoc. had to "fix" (Season 1 with the Washington DC Madam) was fabulous. It was entertaining and fun how Pope and Assoc. fixed it. And the storyline between Olivia and Fitz that held hope. Before Jake. It is what got us hooked to begin with. The sweet moments between Olivia and Fitz (on the campaign bus, touching hands, the constitution, dancing at a state dinner) all the moments Fitz recalled when Olivia was being held hostage. That's what we want to see. Not the constant bickering. Not to be taught a lesson in what's going on in the world today. We watch to escape from that reality for an hour. Why don't the writers get that? Get back to the way it used to be when Thursdays couldn't come fast enough. Now we tune into something else and record it and watch it when we get a chance. I can't believe that's what Shonda Rhimes and her team want. The show has become ridiculous and you need to get it back to the type of shows in Season 1. Extremely frustrated.
  • Scandal tv show going downhill.

The show is lacking in good story lines. The Vice President situation is stupid.
  • make it all a dream!

I was a fan until this season. writers what happened? no loyalty for father . death of pres emotions from . the characters that we loved are gone. if it is not fix it. season 4 has pushed me to turn the channel. make it a them back to cases
  • So you think we can't count?

I went to school, just saying, Last week episode 14 did NOT air, instead they chose to air a 90 min How to get away with murder(episodes 14&15) in Scandal's time slot, now I see episode 15 is to air tonight, where is episode 14? Someone help me out here #confused
  • Scandal

Sick to death of that repetitive "boing, boing" music that runs through the entire show! So annoying!
  • Scandal season 4

i still expect hope for olitz so i still love this show
  • not so intrigued by the current storyline

this whole kidnapping, auctioning thing is dragging show was so much fun the first two seasons. I wonder what happened.
  • Disappointing

I am shocked and so disappointed that the writers ruined a really great creative show to become a ridiculous and boring storyline. I hope to God that this season is just a character's NIGHTMARE and that we will all happily wake up to better writing similar to the first two years . IT makes NO sense that the Olivia Pope could ever function in her 'normal' life if she is so powerful (really? blackmailing a president into a war?) and worth billions to every psycho who kidnaps her. They could have continued to play with the story going between the present and past which made for such great suspense, and even with the future. Instead, the writers killed off the gladiators (they made every character into an evil person), they killed the dialog (boring parents with hour-long soliloquies), they killed every relationship and they killed off the great cases investigated by Pope and gladiators. Why??? Why kill such a great initial story by ruining it with absurd writing that results in terrible acting. So disappointing! So sad that they went past the original storyline and the focus on 'SCANDAL'.
  • Horrible!!!

Bring back the Scandal that WAS must watch TV. This is a STUPID RIDICULOUS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE STORYLINE. NO WAY an appointed VP has this much stroke. Get real!
  • who writes this

1.5
    what is happening i really liked this show but it has just dropped from being interesting to extremely boring how sad that people who produce this cant see how far they have dropped wtf is the point there is no more team everyone is doing there own thing blah blah blah who cares abt Olivia and her affairs it was interesting for one season then it just got boring and dragged on just like this comment
  • JUMPING THE SHARK

TERRIBLE SHOW

SIMILAR TO TONY SOPRANO DREAM SEQUENCE

WHERE ARE THEY GOING
  • Intriguing as eff :D

Great characters and tons of jaw dropping moments !
  • Too much of a good thing

Seasons one and two of this show were great quick, intense and hot! Olivia's character, when not distant, seemingly unemotional and lacking affect, can be abrasive. That's part of what made so much of the show work. It made sense given her profession within the plot, and somewhat differentiated her from the story's many strong characters. Her manner of speaking - timing, cadence, emphasis was dramatic and unique. (As an aside, I must say that I have always found unappealing, in fact, unattractive, the way she curls her lip and pouts her lips when respectively on, or winding up to the attack. Yet, I suppose it works with her

Unfortunately, increasingly in subsequent seasons, the idea that more of the good thing is better is infiltrating the show's creative team, as one after another character takes on an almost identical manner/pattern of speech. It's gone beyond odd, I now find it annoying, almost to the point of lacking appeal.

Also, though admittedly steamy, there have been a few scenes in some of the most recent episodes, where sexual situations seemed either random and gratuitous, or over the top. I'm not by any stretch, a prude, and I am very much a fan of sexual tension. I understand that complex relationships can go from hot to cold, and back again, quickly. I also understand that sex sells. but I would have expected its inclusion to have fit better.

Lastly, I'm sure there exists in writing, especially for television, a fine line of balance in the pace of the story, and, of course, the show is entitled Scandal. Yet, though perhaps I am not paying close enough attention, I have a sense that some of the ongoing, background scandals both cycle too quickly and are disjointed.

If there exists another resource for filing comments such as these, I would appreciate that information. Thanks.
  • Speechless

I'm done watching, they crossed the line. I really give a big fat zero for their rating, but it won't let me post lower than a 2,
  • Too Sappy

I just can't reconcile a supposedly powerful lead character that is so emotionally weak. Too many scenes with the puppy dog eyes and the sad faces and crying. The show has potential but Olivia has to be stronger if you want the viewers to buy into her character.
  • Used to be good.

Season 2 had my heart in my throat. Season 3 wasn't bad, but that ending was HORRIBLE. Now season 4 is GARBAGE. Scandal had the potential to keep going strong, but it failed. I have moved on to How to get away with murder and love it more than I ever loved Scandal. Don't waste your time. Watch up until season 3, then stop.
    Every character is speaking "Olivia" style.. EVEN HUCK!!! WHY??? Huck playing a video game??? WHAT??? Has Shondra burned out? Scandal SUX now!!! Who are these characters??? SUX!!! Grey's and HTGAWM are barely watchable!!! SUX!!! Where did all of the creative writers go???
  • I just deleted Scandal from my recorded Series

Doesn't it seem like they fired all the talent writers/directors last year and hired a new batch from a local HS Drama club this year?

I simply can not watch this drivel. Some good actors/actresses absolutely wasting their time performing this drivel.
  • Dial it back

I love the show's story and I can't watch it anymore.

Olivia's character was smart, strong, and witty. She had this quick paced way of speaking that turned every conversation into a performance. Bravo. But then they made her angry and sped-up her pace so her performances were overacted. Booo. Now, they've given every character this same angry-witty-quick talk that is overacted, and its ruined the show. Goodbye Scandal.
  • whoooaaaaaa!

Seriously, whooooaaaa......

I think it's one of the strongest season premieres of fall 2014.

(Although Millie was barely visible in the premiere, I got a funny vibe and I hope that means that she will show us a whole new person this really couldn't stand the hysterical moron she was up 'till now)

• My guilty pleasure!

I absolutely looooove Scandal, my number one show on TV. Love Olitz and i'm hoping they'll end up together. I'll stop watching the show when it ends.
  • I'm a geek about Scandal

This is my newest obsession. I honestly don't know why it took me so long to start watching this brilliant show. Shonda Rhimes outdone herself with this. I mean it! As I have already told you, I'm not big on romance, but I truly believe it has one of the most exciting, intriguing, stimulating love story of all the shows I'm watched or have watched in the past.

Apart from that, every episode is getting your suspense to the point of climax and not letting you finish because you need to see the next oneand the next oneand then you get addicted like me, and start writing blog posts about it like a complete lunatic. But it's ok. I'm handling it. *takes deep breath*

BET