Scare Tactics Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Scares are now too wimpy and too short

jboze3131

[1]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 5

Anyone watching the new season with Tracy Morgan? Tracy is terrible. He's very wooden and robotic-like...seems like he's reading his lines for the first time as they tape him! It's embarassing to watch.

The scares have become pretty lame and they're much shorter than they were in previous seasons. I wonder if they had lawsuits or threats of lawsuits, because they've totally dialed everything back big time. They scare the person, and before they used to keep it going...this season they almost end the scare immediately. I want to see more like the alien guy attacking the car- the girl in the backseat was FLIPPING out. They just let he run away, then run back to the car, then they let her nearly crap herself sitting there while the big alien ripped the door off, THEN they let her know it was a tv show.

I never thought I'd say I miss Stephen Baldwin.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chad_Cronin

[2]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    I don't mind the length. If they got more to work with then fine, but I think after a few seconds of them being really scared it can get old, so they seem to usually plan it out right. I agree with the host. I haven't heard a word he said because I fast forward til it shows who the victim is. They don't need a host, if they must have one get someone who's not a comedian.

windseeker15

[3]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think its fine. You never know how a person will react.

I wish they would do another one like the mob one where the guy had to hide in a crate.

OnePieceFan95

[4]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    Yeah, they don't milk it good enough.

MiLo-Raven

[5]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 26
    haven't seen the newest episodes, but don't you think scares have always been a little too short? I've always felt they should make them longer, even during shannen's 'era'.
    Edited on 12/20/2009 10:23am

baskok

[6]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 9

The scares have become a litlle bit lame. It is too much of the same old crap. The so called victims just aren't freaking out enough. Like the girl on vampire bikers!

I wonder if the show has been sewed (does anyone now?) That would explain why they say you're on scare tactics so quickly. Like in that dogcatcher scene where the victim attacked the murderer.

One thing that bothers me is that they're still using the same actors. When it's all reveiled to the victim then he says, Oh scare tactics.