We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

General SMK Discussion

ClassicCouples

[1]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 11

I was going to start the Milestone Thread, but I don't know what number we are on, and it's not quite February yet, so I thought this would do well enough.

I know a lot of you like IMDB but I can't stand the set up, and some of you might not like this, but I think it is pretty darn close to PAX.

In2TV put up a new SMK ep "Sour Grapes" Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. School, ya know. But tomorrow, I plan to sit down and watch it.

Maybe we could start another game...and the 'who said it' thing too. I know you all can't create new topics, but just work on your profile, put your favorite shows into your favorites, create a blog, WRITE reviews! I know y'all love this show, so you should be able to write one no problem.

I don't know what ep we were on either. This stinks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClassicCouples

[2]Jan 31, 2007
    Oh, and just showing up on the site everyday will boost your level percentage too!

Mecca2You

[3]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    I've posted from time to time on the imdb smk board. I've never joined the PAX board although I read the topics almost everyday. I've been meaning to join tv.com for some time now. Now is as good a time as any I suppose. Hopefully others will join soon as well.

Thank you for starting the topic.

propop

[4]May 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    I've never seen this show and I don't know if it was ever released here, but it looks like something I'd love.  I just had a quick look at In2TV they have a good number of episodes but not the pilot or any of season 1.  Argh how frustrating because I love to watch things in order (if possible). Anyone know where to start looking for those?

ClassicCouples

[5]May 14, 2007
    Hey! Have I seen you over at the CSI forum too?

Yeah, this is a great show. I am surprised In2TV doesn't have the pilot, they usually have the first season up first. There really isn't any other place to watch them, and they aren't airing anymore re-runs. And even better, they can't release it on DVD yet either. I guess, the best thing is to watch music videos. If you go on YouTube.com, SMKjennie has some good videos. Remington Steele is another awesome show (RS is actually my favorite TV show of all time) - it has Pierce Brosnan in it. But you can't watch any of those at AOL, they aren't on there. But it is on DVD, and there are a lot of music videos for that show too, I have several.

This board isn't very active, everyone is over at another board. But feel free to send me a PM! I have several SMK videos but I don't have anyway of transferring them to my computer.

propop

[6]May 19, 2007
    • level: 8

ClassicCouples wrote:
    Hey! Have I seen you over at the CSI forum too? Yeah, this is a great show. I am surprised In2TV doesn't have the pilot, they usually have the first season up first. There really isn't any other place to watch them, and they aren't airing anymore re-runs. And even better, they can't release it on DVD yet either. I guess, the best thing is to watch music videos. If you go on YouTube.com, SMKjennie has some good videos. Remington Steele is another awesome show (RS is actually my favorite TV show of all time) - it has Pierce Brosnan in it. But you can't watch any of those at AOL, they aren't on there. But it is on DVD, and there are a lot of music videos for that show too, I have several. This board isn't very active, everyone is over at another board. But feel free to send me a PM! I have several SMK videos but I don't have anyway of transferring them to my computer.

You got me! I visit CSI as often as I can.  I do like to check up on this board every week or so, just to see if there is anything new.  RS is another one on my lists of 'have not seen but would love to buy'.  I would need to import from the States to get it right now.  It is hard to wait, but sometimes I hold out just a little longer to see if they will release it here.  We get some of the US shows released locally. 

Since my last post I have discovered In2TV won't cater for international audiences.  In such an age of computers, satellites ect you would think we could get any tv show in any country from any era that we wished...but NOOOOO we don't.  There needs to be some major international arena for these purposes.  Distributors put their show up for online purchase with %ages divided amongst themselves and the web site to cover costs and incur profits.  Much like how cinemas are run.  We can now do such things for music, so why not TV. 

Unless SMK is released in the States on DVD I will never get to see it.  How utterly ridiculous is that!!  I'm thus left to play the waiting game hoping and praying that something will change in my favour. *fingers are crossed*  Sorry for the ranting about this topic, it is just something that I feel so strongly about.  I want to see these great shows and hate missing out. 

Thank you classic couples for the YouTube information. I'm will definitely be checking it out.  Also if you get any information about a dvd release could you please post it here for me? That would be fantastic news! I have also seen you on other boards, so thanks for the knowledge and insight on a great many things.  I look forward to your future contributions...

HAPPY POSTING

propop  

RainB4Rainbows

[7]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    ClassicCouples wrote:
    SMKjennie has some good videos.

Thank you. I was wondering across this board when I noticed my YouTube screen name. I'm about to post another installment in the Romance Series in a couple of days. Still can't quite get the music right. Sigh. Still, it's one of my favorites. Jenni Lee

Mshell00065

[8]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    I've been trying to find out the name of the episode when Lee starts to realize he has feelings for Amanda. I think he mentions something about it being springtime(not absolutely sure though). I'm assuming its sometime in season three. Does anyone remember that one?

angelandspike

[9]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 66
    I don't remember it off the top of my head. If I figure it out, I'll post it. You could look through the guide and see if any of the episode descriptions jog your memory.

jrickettscurran

[10]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    Absolutely love this show!!! I so wish it was on DVD.

Peggy_Porcupine

[11]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 13

When this series came out it was at a time that there were a few that had great character development as well as story line. There was this one - the interaction between Scarecrow & Mrs King, Remington Steele with the relationship between Remington & Laura, and finally Simon & Simon, which followed the antics and relationship between the brothers Rick & AJ.

I understand that Remington Steele is now on DVD. Good. Now for the other 2 series to be released - that, too would be great!

yeah_i_short

[12]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    Last year they were replaying the reruns on abc family but then it just stopped I really liked the pilot episode but some of the last episodes were not that great. I think they were running out of idea's but all and all it was a awesome show.

cjhtwo

[13]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    When this show was on it was my favorite. I thought Amanda's life was perfect! She had great kids and her mother was there to help her, but then she had this wonderful secret part of her life that was so exciting, and eventually romantic. And the theme music was so great! Especially the way the music was light and airy for Billy, but was so heavy for Francine. I sure hope it comes out on reruns sometime again. I have digital cable now so I've got 2 channels that are the right kind - the Sleuth Channel and the Retro Television Network. And although I'm not really much into buying DVD's - I'd certainly buy these!