Scarecrow and Mrs. King

If Thoughts Could Kill

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 1983 on CBS

7.1
  • A good but strange one.

This one was weird and out of the ordinary and it being one of the first ones of the series it kind of does make sense that it's strange. I'm sure they were still trying to figure out what kind of stories would work for their new show and this one feels very much like an experimental one no pun intended. A crazy agency doctor who was doing even more crazy experiments was somehow demoted because of Lee and so in revenge said doctor brain washes Lee into wanting to kill his boss Melrose. This episode totally banks on how much Amanda can get past the brain washing tactics and get to the real Lee. This is only the third episode of the series. Lee is still trying to get used to Amanda. She seems to continue to irritate him to no end but we can see he's really just talk but still. How close emotionally were we suppose to believe that Lee was to Amanda by now? He clearly doesn't know her all that well yet and she is still able to get to the real Lee underneath all that crap?! That's mostly what I question about this episode. If it had been done later on down the road like either closer to the end of this season or even saved for the second season it would have held up better. Otherwise I liked the episode for what it was even with that flaw and would give it higher than a 7.1 rating.