Scarecrow and Mrs. King

CBS (ended 1987)

Catwoman87531

Scarecrow and Mrs. King Fan Reviews (19)

• I feel what makes this show is a combination of the premise that is wonderfully combined with a plot and excellent acting.

This is one of my favorite shows. The premise of the series was that a secret agent called "Scarecrow" (played by Bruce Boxleitner) becomes involved in his missions with a divorced housewife Amanda King (played by Kate Jackson) in his mission. Amanda just can not stop asking questions or exploring what "Scarecrow" is doing. In each episode she becomes more and more involved with "Scarecrow's missions by just "helping". By the end of the series she is a full secret agent. I just love the fantasy of a housewife or common appearing person, who has the double life of a secret agent.

Though the premise is good, the execution is even better. The on screen chemistry between Bruce and Kate is romantic but clandestine. There is an innocent and freshness with the character of Amanda. I feel what makes this show is a combination of the premise that is wonderfully combined with a plot and excellent acting.