Scariest Places On Earth Forums

ABC Family (ended 2006)

Staged

degrass1fan

[1]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 12
    This show is so fake it isn't even funny. After watching shows like Ghost Hunters and the other paranormal shows, they make this show look like it was put on just to scare kids. The obviously find some kids and tell them to act all scared then have one of their producers dress up as the thing their looking for and run around the woods. Then they add some fake monster screams and crap like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jennyperson91

[2]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 9
    omg i completley agree. i was skeptical at first, but then i saw that episode when they were at the cabin in lake tahoe, and the guy was like... lying on the dock of the lagoon claiming to be posessed... its still quite entertaining.

phaedra1923

[3]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    Did anyone notice that the Dracula Castle show and the Elisabeth Bathory show both used the
    same building (castle) in both segments? The castle they showed is another Castle, although it
    is located near Transylvannia, it has never been connected to Vlad the Impaler. It has also never
    had anything to do with Bathory, as her castle is in Slovakia. That kind of blew any interest in the
    series I might have had, that they couldn't even go to the actual places they said they were at.

jennyperson91

[4]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 9
    i thought they looked the same... god how careless of them

enervator

[5]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 38

I think a lot of it is power of suggestion, too.  They always wind up at some creepy looking castle, then the second they get there Robson runs out and tells them to leave.  It's probably a lot like when you hear ghost stories in the middle of the woods, then the second you see an owl or something you practically have a heart attack.  Maybe the places are haunted, maybe not, but after all that buildup they're going to be jumping every time the floor creaks.

The one thing that really bothers me is when they're screaming "Look look!  That moved!" or things like that, and even though they're walking around with a camera somehow no one gets it on camera.

david02917

[6]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    ghost hunters is way 2 fake but this one isn't as fake

Seeker615

[7]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    I don't feel Ghosthunters is at all faked. The guys go in to disprove a haunting. A lot of times they find absolutely nothing at all or are able to disprove a possible haunting. now Most Haunted is really a joke!

As for this show...I think a lot of it is a set up, not to mention that I think they really try to scare people before they even get there and then the creepy guy puts in a few good scary stories before they start their adventure. Still...I would have loved to have been on this show. Our family interviewed a few years ago for the Dracula Castle episode but we were not picked...

Kingcool7789

[8]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 39
    I have always had a hard time thinking this show was all real but guys mostly all shows like this have some fake to them.
    Edited on 10/28/2007 7:37am

pokinsmot

[9]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    are you kidding me?! Ghost Hunters is SO much better than this show...

Vuud

[10]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    I justed watched some of the Dracula episode on SciFi and it is sooooooo fake! It's entertaining, but if you think it's real you better be under 10. "Hey, I got an idea for a show. Let's find some people and tell them they'll be wandering around some 'haunted' place at night. They'll wear big uncomfortable rigs with cameras and bright lights while we scare the crap out of them. Oh and make sure they have a light shining RIGHT IN THEIR FACE so they can't see Bill hiding in the corner throwing stuff at them. Don't forget the Scary Monster Sounds Halloween tape." And a legend was born...