Scarred Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2007)

Ow My Balls?

  • Avatar of manicorp

    manicorp

    [1]May 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    Wow, am I the only one who sees shades of Idiocracy in this piece of junk?  Maybe I'm just getting old, but as far as entertainment goes, this is pretty pathetic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of andyatuc

    andyatuc

    [2]May 8, 2007
    • member since: 01/10/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 64
    Thanks for your input. If you don't like it then don't watch it, that's your right. But there's no need to come here to troll for arguments.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GothicAngel2009

    GothicAngel2009

    [3]May 8, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    Yea I agree with andyatuc if you don't like scarred then get the heck out of here!!!! This is for Scarred fans ONLY!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of manicorp

    manicorp

    [4]May 9, 2007
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    Ummm...no it's not, it's for discussion of the show.  Do you fans honestly all feel like this show is adding something (anything?) valuable to...well to anything?  Can those of you who have seen Idiocracy honestly say that this show isn't getting uncomfortably close to the "etnertainment" in that movie?
    I am just honestly curious what you guys feel this show adds to your lives, or why you enjoy it...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of andyatuc

    andyatuc

    [5]May 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/10/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 64
    The fact that this show in entertainment is what it adds to my life. If anything this show reminds me that injuries can happen anytime and that safety precautions should be taken whenever possible. It also gets me away from my life and allows me to relax and enjoy watching others in pain. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you need to come here and stir up controversy against it.

    Also, Idiocracy was a movie, not a true statement about where we are headed as a society. While I see where you are heading with the argument it's still not necessary to bring that argument into these boards. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GothicAngel2009

    GothicAngel2009

    [6]May 10, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    The show SCARRED is for people who like bllod and guts and I am one of them! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAN GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazyturtle363

    crazyturtle363

    [8]May 11, 2007
    • member since: 07/02/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 654
    GothicAngel2009 wrote:
    The show SCARRED is for people who like bllod and guts and I am one of them! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAN GET OUT!!!!!!!0!!!!!

    SMURF YEAH!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GothicAngel2009

    GothicAngel2009

    [9]May 17, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    crazyturtle363 wrote:
    GothicAngel2009 wrote:
    The show SCARRED is for people who like bllod and guts and I am one of them! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAN GET OUT!!!!!!!0!!!!!

    SMURF YEAH!


    Thank you this guy thats complaining about Scarred is getting on my nerves.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of manicorp

    manicorp

    [10]May 28, 2007
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    andyatuc wrote:
    The fact that this show in entertainment is what it adds to my life. If anything this show reminds me that injuries can happen anytime and that safety precautions should be taken whenever possible. It also gets me away from my life and allows me to relax and enjoy watching others in pain. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you need to come here and stir up controversy against it. Also, Idiocracy was a movie, not a true statement about where we are headed as a society. While I see where you are heading with the argument it's still not necessary to bring that argument into these boards. Thanks.

     

    That's an interesting argument, but how many times do you need to see the show in order to know that wearing a helmet and some pads, and not trying absurd stunts, is a good idea?  And since you made exactly the same post in another thread, I have to posit that you might be a shill.  

     Your point that Idiocracy is a fictional movie is well taken, but the fact is that it isJudge's commntary on the direction in which he sees our society moving.  The movie is certainly an absurd comedy, but it is also valid commentary, and shows like Scarred don't seem to point to his being mistaken.

    Further, just take a look at the other responses in this thread.  They would seem to prove my point more than any argument I could make. 

     

     

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GothicAngel2009

    GothicAngel2009

    [11]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    manicorp wrote:

    andyatuc wrote:
    The fact that this show in entertainment is what it adds to my life. If anything this show reminds me that injuries can happen anytime and that safety precautions should be taken whenever possible. It also gets me away from my life and allows me to relax and enjoy watching others in pain. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you need to come here and stir up controversy against it. Also, Idiocracy was a movie, not a true statement about where we are headed as a society. While I see where you are heading with the argument it's still not necessary to bring that argument into these boards. Thanks.

     

    That's an interesting argument, but how many times do you need to see the show in order to know that wearing a helmet and some pads, and not trying absurd stunts, is a good idea?  And since you made exactly the same post in another thread, I have to posit that you might be a shill.  

     Your point that Idiocracy is a fictional movie is well taken, but the fact is that it isJudge's commntary on the direction in which he sees our society moving.  The movie is certainly an absurd comedy, but it is also valid commentary, and shows like Scarred don't seem to point to his being mistaken.

    Further, just take a look at the other responses in this thread.  They would seem to prove my point more than any argument I could make. 

     

     



    Well you know what you arguing with me about this not to mention with the other people and me I am only 17 and guess what? I do a lot of rolerblading and I watch this show so I know to be careful while rollerblading and it helps if you relized that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of manicorp

    manicorp

    [12]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    So then by that same logic if there were a show that featured live videos of prison rapes it would be a good idea to watch it regularly in order to teach yourself that prison rapes are bad and should be avoided if possible right?  Because afterall, without seeing it on TV, you wouldn't have any way of knowing that getting sent to prison and being raped while there would be something to be avoided... 0_o

     

    Edited on 05/29/2007 9:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.