School House Rock

ABC (ended 1996)

fuddle2

School House Rock Fan Reviews (9)

7.6
  • Learning was never more catchy.

This was a great, revolutionary, extremely influential show. It widely accepted that Grammar Rock was the show\'s pinnacle, which such sensational songs as \"Unpack Your Adjectives\", \"Verb: That\'s What\'s Happening\", and of course \"Conjunction Junction\". My personal preference is for America Rocks, with was admitedly more hit-or-miss, but gave us \"I\'m Just A Bill\", which to my knowledge is the only way anyone has ever learned how a bill becomes a law. For those of you who grew up without this delightful and education gem, my sincerest pity.

I would like to state for the record that the song \"Preamble to the Constitution\" does not contain a verbatim recitation. The actual preamble begins \"We the people of the Unites States of America, in order to...\", but the song leaves out \"of the United States\". I acknowledge the difference and ask that anyone who reads this never address it again as it is entirely trifling and irrelevant.

I would be remissed not to mention Multiplication Rock. It was never my favorite, however \"Three is a Magic Number\" is quite catchy, as are \"My Hero, Zero\" and \"Naughty Number Nine\". I\'ve always found \"Figure Eight\" greatly depressing. But, you know, in a good way.

There are a great many songs I haven\'t mentioned. Namely, those focusing on the topic of science. All the science songs are rubbish. Including the computer-y ones. The show clearly fell off toward the end. Stick to Grammar, Multiplication, and America, and you\'ll be the better for it. That\'s just my opinion. But it\'s true.