Sci Fi Investigates

Syfy (ended 2006)

Sci Fi Investigates Fan Reviews (4)

5.6
  • A lot of potential, but...

This could probably be a very interesting series. I really enjoy this type of paranormal investigation show, and I think it's great that Sci-Fi Network has this and Ghost Hunters, which attempt to take a serious look at the paranormal, as opposed to most similar shows which seem to be little more than people screaming and running in terror every time they hear a door slamming.

Unfortunately, they've turned this into The Rob Mariano Show, and should probably rename it as such. I thought it had to be a joke when I found out he was a part of this show, and I really don't understand why he's there. He offers nothing, has zero on-screen personality, and yet unfortunately they've made him the main focus of the show. It seems like the entire show is just an exercise to extend yet again his 15 minutes of fame. This is fine if you're one of the handful of people who actually think this guy is worth something, but if you're like me, he makes the show practically unwatchable.

They should get rid of the dead weight (Rob), and try again, and they could probably have a decent show. If they're going to keep broadcasting The Rob Mariano Show, then I'll be perfectly happy to just tune out.
  • This group of "experts" (and their official skeptic) are sent out to investigate paranormal events. These experts, however, seem no better informed about their subjects than someone weaned on old "In Search Of" episodes.

This group goes to investigate subjects that we've all seen hundreds of times before, but provides absolutely no new information about the topics. They simply rehash things we all already know. So just what is the point of this show? Unlike "A Haunting", it doesn't set out to scare you. Drunken campfire songs don't count. Unlike "Ghost Hunters", it doesn't seek to seriously analize situations. They're too quick to believe that Bigfoot is stomping around the woods because they hear noises. What did they possibily think they could find by searching to the Rosewell crash site 50 years later? "Is It Real?" talks to experts who demonstrate why you should be skeptical about some claims. You don't see any real attempt at debunking here. So basically, the show is just a road trip to creepy places with people you don't care too much about. Save your time and check out the other paranoarmal shows instead.

And for heavens sake, lose that frat boy "skeptic". His constant posing and cool stud act got old before the first hour ended.
  • Sci-fi investigates is a show that’s main focus is on the paranormal. It involves a crew of four Rob, Bill, Debbie, and Rich that investigates and comes up with opinions and theories.

It is a great show! I love it because it informs you about different paranormal cases and provides interesting points. Although others may be obliged to my opinion I continue to think it is a fascinating show of intellect. I hope it will continue to amaze me and have a long run on the air. If you haven't seen an episode yet I hope you will give this show a chance!
  • so far, unimpressive. there are better paranormal investigative shows. worst of all is the so-called skeptic.

ive seen two and a half episodes. i am not impressed. ive seen a lot of paranormal investigation programs and this one falls short. i have, after observing the investigators in action, little no faith in thier abilities. an investigator and scientist approaches any situation with objectivity. a skeptic should not be spooked out my a voodoo curse or shadows down the hall. and for gods sake wear your stupid baseball hat correctly, you goon. wearing it to the side or backwards is as stupid as the flipped up collor.

this show is filler. utterly ignorable while i eat dinner or do homework. background noise. for me its only marginally more interesting than being subjected to reruns, reality tv, or sports.