Science Court

ABC (ended 1998)

Science Court Fan Reviews (6)

• great show - still looking for it!

i absolutely loved this show! my son, who was 2 when science court started, grew with it and somehow i could swear he from time to time, still hums the theme music . . . could he have loved this show so much that it is imbedded in his psyche? was it that good? you bet the farm it was! if anyone has any information on how to purchase vhs tapes or dvds of the shows (especially the one about "Work") PLEEAAASSSEEEE let me know.

i would so love to see it again.
  • Excellent show teaching science with humour and efficiency

This was a excellent show. Using animation and humour to teach science, It could make me laugh as only Tom Snyder productions can (Dr Katz, Home Movies, O'grady) and I also learned. It was very effective in teaching. I used it to teach my niece and nephew. I loved it better when it became "squigglevision". Will someone please release this on DVD? Is this showing on TV anywhere?
  • Court is now in session--all parties must adhere to the rules of science.

Welcome to Science Court, where people who wind up in legal trouble get out of it, or not, through argument of a very special kind.

Everyone must describe what happened in relation to the laws of science. It's a very clever way to present an educational program: they teach science through the way it works in everyday reality. You'll learn about gravity, weather, speed and other forces and principles that affect us all the time.

This show carries out the genius idea of showing people why and how something works. There is nothing dry or difficult to follow. It's fun and lively the whole way through.

A good cartoon that makes learning enjoyable and easy to do.
  • Where Science is the Law, and Scientific Thinking Rules

The misleading summary for this show, filled with errors, is quite representative of the way people failed to understand this excellent educational cartoon. This would be a great show for kids to watch with their parents, because each episode taught a fundamental science lesson while providing entertainment that would keep the grown-ups interested too.
    The structure of the program is largely the same in each episode. First, a set-up scene would show somebody experiencing a \"wrong\" of one kind or another, and that wrong could only be fixed in Science Court. Allison Krempel is the Perry Mason of the program, she\'s always on the right side of the law (Natural law, that is!) Doug Savage represents the other side, given to knee-jerk reactions and leaps of logic (not that he\'s stupid; he often says things that the kids can relate to. When you\'re six or seven, certain scientific principles just sound crazy until you have somebody really explain them to you!)
    Every episode has a different pair of plaintiffs and defendants, while the courtroom staff remains the same. Generally, Allison Krempel wraps things up with a song at the end so the kids can remember more easily.
    Yes, it\'s Squiggle Vision. But it isn\'t an adult cartoon so it\'s unfair to denegrate the show just because it\'s designed to appeal to kids. Considering that whoever wrote the summary only watched one episode (the one with Mary Murray, who only appears in the episode about Work) and that the other complaining reviewer only watched one episode (also the one about Work, but he couldn\'t even distinguish between the defendant and the two lawyers, and lumped them all together as the same person), maybe the reason Science Court failed isn\'t because it was bad. Maybe it failed because nobody was paying attention!
  • A great animated program.

This is truly a great animated show. I enjoy watching it over and over and over again. I can watch the same episode 2 or 3 times in a row just so I can catch things that I might have missed. I think I have all of the episodes recorded and I watch them whenever there is nothing good on TV. It is always entertaining to me. I will also have my friends and family watch the episodes with me and try and get them hooked. So far everyone has because it is that good of a show. Look for it on the air or come over to my house and watch my DVD's.
  • I remember in the 90's when this show came out I watched a couple of episodes. The show is about two different lawyers Murray and Mary, I always remember Mary winning because she uses some evidence involving science. This show stunk, and wasn't nearly as

No Bill Nye! This show was terrible, I remember thinking how boring it was. It always seemed like Murray was going to win then all of a sudden he loses. It got so lame, and boring. The science in the court was so stupid. It was pretty obvious after watching the show that Mary would win. What element of surprise was it, that Murray kept on losing. What was lamer is that at the end of each episode some kind of a lame song would start. I just hated that. I liked Bill Nye better he made science actually worth watching. I am not a big fan of science but Bill Nye was awesome. This show was bad, I hated the ending were they all sung. I just thought to myself wow what a bad show.