We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Anyone sad that SDMI is coming to an end?

Terrafilms

[1]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 1

I must say that I am a big SDMI fan and this has to be the best SD show to date.

Tony and Spike and all of the Producers, Writers, Directors, and Actors really delivered us a great series that had great throw-back moments, awesome B-side mysteries that played up the A-side story that is finally concluding this week.

I am going to miss SDMI and hope that Cartoon Network does something fun like this again soon.

My Best,

Ethan

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frosty_ice

[2]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 24
    I really am going to miss this series... for three years we all laughed, cheered, cried ad sighed with the adventures of Scooby and the gang. I really hope we get a new series soon, in the same vin as this one, butfor now, this will be the best series ever done, after the original series and The Scooby-Doo Show. I thank to the producers, the writes nd the actors who gave us such a joy in these three years. Only one thing left to say... Scooby-Dooby-Doo forever!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonDragon24

[3]Apr 5, 2013

The finale was epic. I find it funny that their actions ended up creating a world where their lives were perfect, and they wanted things to be crazy! Anyone else think the evil entity was inspired by cuthullu?

MajLorne

[4]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 21
    Having seen the finale, I'm mixed the same with the 2003 BSG series end. Basically the ending was wrapped up nicely, but it feels kinda hollow. I guess it's another tv show void. This show ended decently enough that there are no loose ends and enough to become a new show (hopefully in the same vein as this one). Thanks for everything for the laughs and adventure.

spikethedevil

[5]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 4

Can someone spoil if Velma and Shaggy get back together? presuming they don't but hey I can dream lol

perualonso1

[6]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 18

The near end of the finale was awesome!

The gang ends up in Crystal Cove that's gone from scary to happy.

Fred and Daphne's parents tells them about their wedding.

Ricky and Pericles are all good.

Cassidy Williams is back.

Scooby wraps up the show with his catchphrase.

Kudos to WB, CN, and Derrick Wyatt for creating the best remake of Scooby-Doo! ever.

CrimsonDragon24

[7]Apr 5, 2013

I'm somewhat surprised that the finale didn't have a PG 13 warning attached to it, considering what took place before they defeated the entity. It really made me think of Cthullu, what with the tentacles, the eating people, and all of that. At least everyone killed was restored in the new timeline, and Ricky and Cassidy were married! I will miss this show, it had all of the classic Scooby Doo formula, plus a plot and tons of action!

MajLorne

[8]Apr 5, 2013

If this aired on CW's vortex, the people being eaten might've been cut out, but it isn't that horrible. Not like he 'chomped' on anyone. But anyway now that it's safe to talk about the show with someone summing up the finale: Big baddie is defeated, all the ppl affected by the evil are returned to normal. I can't be too disappointed with that. Sure beats a cliffhanger. I'm happy the other mystery inc team and Prof Periclees are all normal and happy now. Lol at how Daphne is not the underachiver of the sisters, didn't know being evil would make the other 4 that much better. Loved the names of Sheriff stone and Mayor Nettle's kids. I liked that last bit with the laugh track and I did tear up a little seeing them riding off into the sunset in the van. I dunno if this was before or after the news about the cancellation, but this is as close to a pleasant send off as anyone can ask for.

As for Shaggy and Velma, I guess that's left up to the viewer. But I think it's safe to say there will always be a Shaggy and scooby duo.

Edited on 04/05/2013 7:38pm

Flashheat

[9]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 14
    Well, that was a hell of a way to end a series. This series is probably one of the best things to happen to Scooby Doo in a while. Sad to see it go, but glad they were able to finish it and wrap it up nicely without ruining the quality.

spikethedevil

[10]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 4

Awesome seriesthoughsad to see that Shaggy and Velma don't get back together outright as it kind of makes the first 8 episodes and there hole sub story seem rather pointless over all

virginia17

[11]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 26

They didn't have Shaggy and Velma get back together? Ugh, I knew it!

I wasted my time watching this series.

MajLorne

[12]Apr 7, 2013
    Lol, dunno if that was in jest or not, but nothing said they won't get back together. The end seems pretty open ended to me and you can always draw your own conclusions. If Fred can finally admit his love for daphne, maybe shaggy can finally admit to a relationship with Velma and getting scooby to understand.