Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Ed Machine and Cassidy's Fates

LAT98

[1]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 4

Didn't see this mentioned here, so I thought I'd bring this up. Tony Cervone, a show producer, has confirmed on twitter what happened to Ed Machine and Cassidy Williams...

***SPOILER***

Yikes....I guess this truly is the most darkest series..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

perualonso1

[2]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 18

I'll miss Cassidy. I thought she was an awesome SDMI character. Never seeing The Midnight Zone again.

Personally, I think this show is too dark for its own good. Didn't it have its comedic moments?

AngelTails2

[3]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 12
    Oh bummer. I hoped to see Cassidy again. i wonder who will be next to die of the original Mystery Incorporated. Maybe Judy.

frosty_ice

[4]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 24

AngelTails2 wrote:
    Oh bummer. I hoped to see Cassidy again. i wonder who will be next to die of the original Mystery Incorporated. Maybe Judy.

Still, I wouldn't put all my hopes aside, my friends. We all know that producers love to give us fake clues, so they raise the suspense. I do believe that Cassidy will appear one more time at least (maybe through a DVD recording or something).

perualonso1

[5]Aug 21, 2012

frosty_ice wrote:

AngelTails2 wrote:

Still, I wouldn't put all my hopes aside, my friends. We all know that producers love to give us fake clues, so they raise the suspense. I do believe that Cassidy will appear one more time at least (maybe through a DVD recording or something).

No offense, F.I., but I don't see how we can believe you.

edmasterchaos

[6]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 41

I think she's really, fully dead. I mean, she did die in the episode that had the gang find a real, no-tricks no-jokes, rotting corpse of a crazy member of a previous rendition of Mystery Inc. that had gone insane and made nazi robots to fill the void in her heart. That's pretty hardcore.

And I love this show for it.

frosty_ice

[7]Aug 22, 2012

edmasterchaos wrote:

I think she's really, fully dead. I mean, she did die in the episode that had the gang find a real, no-tricks no-jokes, rotting corpse of a crazy member of a previous rendition of Mystery Inc. that had gone insane and made nazi robots to fill the void in her heart. That's pretty hardcore.

I know it's a little hard to believe that she's not dead, and maybe she really is, but let's remember one thing (and i'm considering this as an hypothesis), just because a character dies, doesn't mean it won't appear again (the SAW films prove that, by giving us recordings of Jigsaw even after he died), and a DVD recording, providing the gang an ultimate clue to find a way to break the curse or something, would be really epic, but that's me saying it.

Still, if we don't see her again, it was an honour to have Vivica A. Fox voicing her.

Skullevator

[8]Aug 23, 2012

Is it taken care off? I miss ed (

edmasterchaos

[9]Aug 24, 2012

Skullevator wrote:

Is it taken care off? I miss ed (

Don't worry, i'm here

edmasterchaos

[10]Aug 24, 2012

frosty_ice wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

I know it's a little hard to believe that she's not dead, and maybe she really is, but let's remember one thing (and i'm considering this as an hypothesis), just because a character dies, doesn't mean it won't appear again (the SAW films prove that, by giving us recordings of Jigsaw even after he died), and a DVD recording, providing the gang an ultimate clue to find a way to break the curse or something, would be really epic, but that's me saying it.

Still, if we don't see her again, it was an honour to have Vivica A. Fox voicing her.

HOLD THE LINE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW RIGHT UM, RIGHT RIGHT.

Just realized, you might be on to something. Whatever this thing is, it's supernatural, ghost-supernatural. We've seen the ghost of the conquistador who seemed to be the last one alive (the one the frays found) and the ghost of the guy who tried to stop the crazy donkey. Maybe there's a criteria, something that makes it so one person from the cursed group becomes a ghost (could be who dies last? but for the purposes of the next part of my post lets say no) and Cassidy might have managed to fit it and so she'll be able to communicate with the gang as a ghost!

frosty_ice

[11]Aug 25, 2012

edmasterchaos wrote:

frosty_ice wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

HOLD THE LINE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW RIGHT UM, RIGHT RIGHT.

Just realized, you might be on to something. Whatever this thing is, it's supernatural, ghost-supernatural. We've seen the ghost of the conquistador who seemed to be the last one alive (the one the frays found) and the ghost of the guy who tried to stop the crazy donkey. Maybe there's a criteria, something that makes it so one person from the cursed group becomes a ghost (could be who dies last? but for the purposes of the next part of my post lets say no) and Cassidy might have managed to fit it and so she'll be able to communicate with the gang as a ghost!

That also looks like something that could happen... one ghost or supernatural creature for team. It kinda makes sense. I would love to see Cassidy as a ghost if that happen.

But now that I think about it, I remembered one thing. Friar Serra said that it all starts with the animal... we saw that Burlington had an orangontan called Mr. peaches and the Spanish Friars had a donkey named Porto... still, we haven't seen any animal regarding the conquistadorsor the Darrows yet. Do you think it's possible thatthe curse doesn't affect every group the same way?

perualonso1

[12]Aug 25, 2012

I'm sure once the whole mystery is over and done with, the ghost of Cassidy will appear and then tell the gang she's proud of them. Hopefully, her ghost might be another thing that doesn't scare them (right after floating bones).

MajLorne

[13]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 21
    perualonso1 wrote:

I'll miss Cassidy. I thought she was an awesome SDMI character. Never seeing The Midnight Zone again.

Personally, I think this show is too dark for its own good. Didn't it have its comedic moments?

I disagree, I actually love the darker tone of the series with sporadic humorous moments (Daphne's craving for chocolate). I mean 'What's new scooby doo?' is there if you want light/camp. This show is similar to the original only now everyone is more fleshed out character wise.

FrostInter

[14]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 2
    I don't think Cassidy.
    Maybe she's hiding from Mr E and the Dutch parrot.

frosty_ice

[15]Sep 3, 2012

FrostInter wrote:
    I don't think Cassidy. Maybe she's hiding from Mr E and the Dutch parrot.

The probabilities are slim, but good, and for the record, Professor Pericles isn't Dutch, he's German.

Canada_Michael

[16]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 10
    MajLorne wrote:
    perualonso1 wrote:

I disagree, I actually love the darker tone of the series with sporadic humorous moments (Daphne's craving for chocolate). I mean 'What's new scooby doo?' is there if you want light/camp. This show is similar to the original only now everyone is more fleshed out character wise.

IA

I think the original & this are the two best versions. After the original each version got more & more campy, leading up to the ultimate jump the shark moment Scrappy Doo. Another humorous moment is the one where Daphne kisses Shaggy thinking he's Fred, even funnier is Shaggy thinks he's Fred . So the comedy is still there it's just less slapstick IMO.

puppyofwisdom

[17]Oct 20, 2012

Hey, now we know that Mr.E is owner of Destroido, what was Ed machine doing? What did he do for Mr.E? Surely, in the final episodes, we will find out!

MajLorne

[18]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 21
    Red herring, day to day operations/hired help. Etc. It would've been too soon to show Mr E as the owner early on and thus, Ed Machine was there. I don't really think his character would be missed since he was an 'errand guy'. But I am curious on how Mr Pericles killed him though.