Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

The Benevolent Lodge of Mystery

frosty_ice

[1]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 24

Okay, I don't know if you guys paid a little attention to the episode "Night Terrors", but I've been checking it, looking for clues that might help us solve what's left of the mystery, and I think I found out something regarding Burlington's mystery solving group.

According to the book that Velma show's the gang about the Benevolent Lodge of Mystery, there's a text page which tells us the story behind this group. From what I've been able to read (the letters are too small to understand the full text), it seems that this team travelled the world looking for manuscripts (they have travelled through Germany, the Ottoman Empire, Greece, France, Britain, Belgium and many other places... they even travelled through the Far East and the Africcan continent). It also reads that the group was disbanded by Burlington himself, after Mr. Peaches, his pet orangutan died, and that he lived the rest of his days inside Burlington library.

Now the question that I make, is this what really happened, or is it like the story with Friar Sera and his donkey Porto, who blew up half of Crystal Cove using gunpowder and TNT, sending it to the bottom of the ocean... a lie? For some reason I do believe something else happened...we found Frau Abigail Gluck's corpse on thatunderwater base where the final piece of the Planespheric Disc was located, andwell, that could point out that maybe the group split because of something else, something regarding the treasure of Crystal Cove and Nibiru.

What do you guys think? Tell me your theories...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

flojo024

[2]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Thanks for sharing that cool little tidbit about Burlington's gang!

I'm assuming obviously that you must have paused your DVR for a certain amount of time to have gotten all of that. I mean unless if you watched it online and then enlarged whatever video format that you were watching it on. Sorry, I tend to think too much sometimes and got a little off topic.

Anyway, so Burlington's gang and the current (Scooby) gang have that world travelling thing in common. Because we all know that Scooby and the others have solved mysteries the world over. You said that Burlington and his friends spent a lot of time tracking down manuscripts right? I think it's pretty safe to say that thosemanuscripts contained information/important clues pertaining to Nibiru/The Curse/The Conquistadors/Planispheric Disc/Treasure.

By the way, I'm tired of being patient and fed up with waiting for the remaining episodes. Bring em' on!! I'm expecting nothing short of an incredible finale, so the wait had better be worth it.

flojo024

[3]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Another thing that had just occured to me was that whatever happened to all of those past mystery solving groups isn't going to happen to Scooby and the rest of the gang. Because they're more than just friends, they're family, as well as the key to solving this whole thing more or likely. It's quite possible that could be the only way to end the curse, true friendship and pureselflessness. I mean, reallythink about it, the curse basically destroyed all of those people's lives by feeding/preying on their greed just to get to the Planispheric Disc/Treasure. Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Fred, and Daphne have proved time and time again that their friendships come before anything else. I could be completely wrong about all of this, but the more I think about the more plausible that it sounds to me.

frosty_ice

[4]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 24
    Yeah, I agree with you on that point... whatever happened to the other myustery solver's gangs won't happen with Scooby and the gang, because for them friendship always comes first.

puppyofwisdom

[5]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 4

I think it was Tony Cervone who said that the 52nd episode will be similar to the first.

On the second episode, the sign that says the Drowsy Gator turns into THE DOG DIES.

I think the earlier episodes are much more important than we think, if you really focus.