Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

TVTome_Shadow

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Fan Reviews (68)

7.8
  • Fans are the downfall of everything

This is by far one of the greates,t if not the best entry in the multitude of scooby doo shows. This show is no doubt a great show it has so many great things to show and ideas to share, but this show also has a serious drawback , THE FANS. one severe reason this show is more underated than it should be by the scooby to community is the fans can't get over the fact that this show is not the same exact cartoon they watched as kids that was literally just mindless mystery after new show actually has archs throughout episodes (which actually may get you involved with the mystery), the characters having realationships (come on I mean you really think none of them could ever like each other? And sometimes a god realationship gets complicated that's why I liked Fred a daphnes) , darker themes (the real world is messed up sometimes, you want happy happy joy land go watch uncle grandpa. this show is more serious and even calls it self out saying it's for young adults),and the fact that this incarnation of the show toys around with what I can only assume is the possibility of multiverses, co-existing universes much like are own but different in different ways, what i cant understand is that scooby doo fans are too blinded with rage over the fact that this isn't the original scooby doo, to see that this was the intention you can't exactly air the exact same show over and over under a different title. This show was not ment to be a 10-15 minute episode of the mystery gang chasing some random bad guy and cracking jokes. It is meant to be a 2 season long, 20 minute episode mystery solving adventure with small mysterys being solved every episode and one huge mystery to be solved throughout each episode leading up to the climatic grand finale. I saw a review that was directly criticizing the some of the shows strongest points like the parents being evil, the show literally has an episode where it explains that the better half of these people is trapped between worlds because those people became tainted by nibiru or Velma is a little more stuck up like a super intelligent girl far exerting her peers should be every once in a while or actual supernatural beings I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE, ITS A GODDAMN CARTOON for .also this is a kid friendly show If you think about it, its scooby doo exploring more modern and relavant themes such as previously stated realationships and family turmoil but not revolving the show around it. Hey you don't want your kids too actually have a little bit of fun while learning a little bit of how the world really works, so it can be stored deep inside their minds to remember a little of how it works in the future, scoobys not snorting cocaine for gods you dont want your kids watching this don't let them watch it, just because you don't recommend it for kids does not mean that you have to give it a bad review your not 5 years old so give your honest opinion. Also just a side note the idea of several mystery gangs being reincarnated over the years to release a monster that they could also destroy was amazing it actually made me seriously take the time to rack my brain and think of how all of the events connect.
  • Scooby-Doo and Killbots

While it had potential, the series ultimately failed to be as good as even a Pup Named Scooby-doo. Allow me to highlight the defining characteristics of this program:

*Teen Drama and Love Triangles

* Evil/Corruption/Idiocy in Parents and Adults

* Mean Spirited and Nasty Velma

* Supernatural, Supermutants, and high technology (including robots that machine gun characters)

* Poor Humour

* Break in Scooby-doo Continuity

* Talking German Parrot Pyschopaths

Upsides

*Plot (Based Around Teen Drama Though)

*Some interesting characters and villains

*Suspense

*I don't recall any scrappy

This is not a very child friendly show and I don't recommend it. I also do not enjoy that the Scooby-doo name was attached to this series... It has very little to do with Scooby-doo other than the characters which have been mostly redesigned anyway. Some of the episodes are salvageable as stand-alone but the plot that is uncovered throughout the whole series involving robots and Spanish curses is terrible.
  • brilliant. A great spin off with many twists

I love scooby doo. And yes this isnt like the old shows but that is why it's so great. It's a great spin off version of the orignal, has a great story and is so captivating I could not stop watching.
  • Trash

This reboot sucked. Every Scooby Doo production since A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is trash. I don't know why people like this crap.
  • Best Scooby doo series yet

I am a major Scooby doo fan and this is the best Scooby doo series yet to come
  • This is Horrible

The orignal Scooby Doo series was a classic then he got his star on the Hollywood walk of fame. That should have been the end of it now we got the worst Scbooy Doo reboot yet. Worst of all people are calling this insult to a once classic great. The characters are nothing like the orignal charaters. It feels like a terrible Romance only with mysteries that take second to the romance. What the hell is up with that. The mysteries aren`t that grreat either it`s predictable or the ending is not realistic at all. Let the Dog rest in peace hasn`t he got his name smeared through the mud enough.
  • Another one of Scooby's shows

Even though Scooby-Doo is occasionally one of the most violent cartoons on TV, this is one of the greatest I have seen.
  • Absolutely Terrible

I was in the mood for Scooby Doo the other day, so I found this show on Netflix. I've grown up watching anything and everything Scooby Doo, so I can handle a not as great spinoff series of the original Scooby Doo. I seriously tried to watch an episode, but this is not Scooby Doo! The point of Scooby Doo is to solve mysteries, not go into their personal lives. And hello, it's named Scooby Doo for a reason, even though there are 5 main characters, it's supposed to focus on Scooby Doo. If you want good Scooby Doo episodes, watch "Scooby Doo, Where are You"! It is the original and the best!!!! Instead of trying to do something new, this should be the only played version, just saying. One more thing. Why the heck does the show have dating relationships? Maybe kids wouldn't be having sex at such young ages today, if tv shows, especially children's cartoons, weren't putting it in a kid's mind that everyone dates and with dating comes sex! Why can't people truly just be friends in tv shows nowadays? Remember, go watch "Scooby Doo, Where are You", and you'll never like this crap again.
  • Different show

3.5
    This is completely different from the one I grew up with in fact it's not even ScoobyDoo any more. They seem to not even be trying on the mysteries and are trying to make it a drama. I don't care who it was made for, how dare they! Also the attention has switched from Shaggy and Scooby and handed over to Fred and daphine. And they completely ruined Fred. Also why did they have to add relationships, like they put it on Cartoon Network and it's called ScoobyDoo, I don't care if they're hormonal it's ScoobyDoo. Last of all I think the reason they made it so different is the creator probably had an idea for a show , instead of making it he piggybacked off of an already successful franchise.
  • the classic is always better

This is the best attempt of Scooby Doo Warner has ever done.
  • Pretty good

It was an awesome show overall but the ending was so bad i have to take away 2 stars
  • They've Ruined Scooby

What happened to the light-hearted, easy going, purely fun Scooby that I grew up with? Real life gives me enough to grieve about. My father disowned me, I got bullied in school, I battled an eating disorder for years. I don't need dysfunctional relationships, gut-wrenching betrayal, realistic horror, and other EMO nonsense in my Scooby-escapism. I buy DVDs of classic Scooby because they take me to the calm, comfortable place in my heart where life is never painful.

Entertainment doesn't have to be complicated to make us happy. If you've forgotten how to do that effectively, you've forgotten how to make cartoons. Please stop making this show, and for Pete's sake stop trying to be Twin Peaks, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and everything else you've ripped off.
  • sad:(

if they don't make another season my heart will break because me and my mother use to watch it and now my mother is in prison and i'm only 11yrs old
  • Really?

Listen, there are KIDS watching this show. The directors have made this into a teens and young adults show. Kid shows don't have drama in it. Like the classic Scooby Doo shows, they don't have drama in it. The show even threatened to break the gang up. Kids will be heart broken if that happened. The only thing good about the show is the graphics. There should be no relationships in the show. Like I said, this is a kids show. Kids are too young to even understand relationships to begin with. So there should not be any. And really, "Evil last episode was too horrible to watch. Fire Dungeon, a guy that could be Satan, and people being eaten. Kid will have serious nightmares watching that. This show is ridiculous. This show airs on Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Both are kid TV networks. THIS IS NOT A KID TV SHOW!!!!!!
  • A very tall leap in a very shallow pond

This show is so hard to review, there are elements that I liked about it and there are things that I hated about it.

First, the things I liked: continuity, I'm glad we entered more deeply into their lives and we see them more as human characters; it's true that most of the times it didn't take itself seriously, even going to the extreme with Daphne's parents. Character development: there was some character development but i never felt it last for a long time, it had lots of attempts, but the studio wouldn't let them try something different;

Production: the production team dissevers a gold medal it made everything the best Scooby Doo is ever going to be, I doubt there will be a better production team.

What I hated: the Screenplay: was just horrible, not once did I laugh at any of the jokes; they were so raw and simplistic that only children who had to ask their parents might laugh but even they would find it awkward; this show is basically asking the viewer to see the characters as fools, the most smartest characters in the show are ironically Velma, the parrot, and Daphne, but you never feel for a single second that they are smarter than you;

Writing was good only in huge leaps, meaning that out of 10 episodes 2 were the best and 3 were better, the rest good-ish. They brought something new to the show, but it's all so jumbled together, that you don't even care about it, you stop questioning it because it's so convenient.

The characters were basically rebuilt from the bottom up, but you never felt that Scooby and Shaggy were the essence of the show, the show constantly pointed to Fred and Daphne being more important than the iconic figures of the show, in fact I think Shaggy and Scooby had the least amount of screentime.

Final verdict: Was this show good? Good, just okay; Would you watch it again? Only certain episodes, I wouldn't watch the whole seasons again; Rating:6.5 - 7
  • I need season 3 / Love Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is my favorite I can't wait for the next season. I like how did they create the romantic scene (Fred and Daphne) including mystery solving.
  • Tried to make it better on the story telling

I think this is the best Scooby-Doo series by far, or 2nd to another I think I saw before. Anyhoo, great show and I think it has a better developed cast than in the movies or original cartoons.
  • What?

I have seen most of the original shows and almost all of the movies related to this franchise. I have loved Scooby-Doo since I was a wee brat. What really makes this show is not only its amazing new twist on an old favorite, but the constant stream of well-thought references. I love how they explain nearly every trope and gimmick throughout the original series and play around with them.

To the people that are complaining about how the characters act as opposed to their original-selves, I simply cannot stand the whining. The character development is obvious in the series, and these characters are supposed to be them IN HIGH SCHOOL. OF COURSE they are going to be hormonal, cowardly, or just plain air-headed. Velma pissed me off for a good part of the series, but not because she was so different from the original Velma. Simply because she was the way she was. I seriously love her, now finished with the series, and only wish there was more so I could continue to watch her grow.

Not to over-extend my excitement towards this series, but this is one of the greatest animated shows I've had the pleasure of viewing. (Note that I did not THE greatest, so don't get into a tizzy).

Seriously, if you love . Lovecraft, dark mystery, monsters, (a lot of) references, and Scooby-Doo in general, WATCH THIS.

I will admit I don't understand at all why people are saying "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is better. It follows the original show's formula but with an annoying teen-pandering-twist.
  • Fantastic Writing, Amazing Ending

The character development, the references to twin peaks and other mystery solving tv shows, the tongue in cheek villians, and main arcing mystery which is developed every episode makes this my favorite scooby doo ever. I felt the second season was better than the first, because thats when the gang grows as a group together, and the really cool stuff happens with the main mystery.
  • Understand some changes, others not so much...

Firstly, I'd like to begin by stating that I was a huge fan of the old Scooby-Doo shows on Cartoon Network when I was growing up, even the short-lived ones like the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. Having said that I understand that the formula needed to be brought into the 21st century if they were going to succeed in a new generation as the world has changed drastically since the show was first on the air and what we expect from our television along with it. It's because of this I agree with their decision to have a long story arc incorporated (pun not intended) into the story line with dark plot elements, something I applaud the writing staff for trying to do and succeeding, especially given the source material. By doing this, the writing has to become better, both with the monster of the week and with the entire series as a whole and improvements to anything, even something that has already been so successfully established is always welcome. What I don't understand is the change in the characters' personalities as it seems to be targeted towards such a niche audience. Young children don't particularly care about teenage romance and older viewers remember the dynamic between the characters that they had grown to love. The drama and comedy came with the interactions between this group of five friends that were comfortable around each other and reacted differently towards the danger that they came across, nothing more, allowing viewers to identify with what character they were most like. By adding this element of teenage romance and drama, you diminish this aspect of relatability and cheapen the other aspects of the show, both in plot and the characters interactions. We didn't need to know that these characters were real people with real emotions, just caricatures of people who were good friends and traveled around together solving mysteries, something almost everyone would think was a great way to spend one's time.
  • Understanding both sides

Look, I have seen both the new and old of scooby and understand why this is a horrible show for those who loved the original to it's hardest and a good one for those who have an open mind and no recall of the original. This show's bad points are mostly betaryal, it betrays all original ideas of what sccoby-doo was to the point were the characters are barely recognizable because of the drastic changes in their personality; the biggest insults to me were the fact that everyone aparently needed to have their own love interest within the group which thus altered how velma, shaggy and daphne worked the most; shaggy is apparently velma's dream guy now which as seen in the original she would instantly fall in a shallow puddle of love with guys who liked mysteries and books with a pinch of toughness and daphne is again the pretty girl but her talent now is being completely rich and nothing else, to me the best she has been is in thw what's new scooby doo which added a resourceful and tough attribue to her. Now it is good considering that it has a story line but that is not how scooby doo is supposed to work, at least in his original form; the formula back then was a simple travel around the country and then the world to solve various mysteries with a new view and clean slate every time. The new Scooby's formula is a bit harder, there is now a connection between things and there will rarely be a clean slate right after which makes it more realistic but in sacrifice for the diversity of locations once given. I admit the show is interesting and good , but I don't see it as the Scooby I once loved as a young boy but as a different show with new characters, which could have worked but of course it would not bring in as many could seriously poke many more holes in this show right now but it would be too long.
  • the rating should be 0

boo!! why? since when is velma a snotty little brat. fred is now a big fat non-brave doufus? what did you think? you ruined the hex girls, thorn is stupid now. it ruined my childhood memories. what about brave fred? brainy sweet velma? shaggy and scooby the unsplitable couple? and dahpney as the conpainion to fred? hanna barbara, if you see this i feel terrible for you- it should have stayed the way you wrote it. i cried when i first saw it. it made my 4year old break my TV. why? why, would you do this?

think about it, i want the old scooby back!!,

BOO_mystery_inc
  • This is not a classic, ok show!

What is wrong with alot of you people? This series is NOT A CLASSIC. This series is ok, but this is nothing compared to Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and What's New Scooby Doo. If, you judge the theme song: What's New Scooby Doo's theme song is a 9.5/10, Scooby Doo, Where Are You? theme is a 9/10, this show's theme song is a 7.5/10. If, you judge by art: What's New Scooby Doo is a 9/10, Scooby Doo, Where Are You? is a 9/10, this show's art style is a 6.5/10. If you judge by best plot/storylines: What's New Scooby Doo is a 8.5/10, Scooby Doo, Where Are You? is a 9/10, this show is a 7/10. I mean, I can't believe you guys think that this is better than Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and What's New Scooby Doo. Hate me all you want, bye
  • Highly Recommend this show

After seeing the 52nd and last episode of the series, I will say this ranks among my favorite cartoon shows (right there with JL, Avengers:EMH, etc). This show is a perfect blend of creepiness and humor that isn't dumbed down for little kids to enjoy as with what CN seems to be in favor of now. I totally loved the cameos and homages to the past Hanna Barberra shows that were sprinkled throughout the run. It's a show with a series long story line that comes together in one big finale. Stuff like that is a big gamble given how it can be a hit or miss. I will give CN credit for at least letting the show end with 52 eps which seems to be the new magic number for a show these days.

It may seem a bit dark, but sure beats the light hearted tone of the previous series versions. I just hope the next series will maintain at least most of the atmosphere of this one. This is a kids show that even older 'kids' can enjoy. Show them this show over something dumb like the annoying orange.
  • freaking love this!!!!

and for those who think that this new scooby-doo sucks and how the old is better or classic, well technically it still is a classic ,but this is a scooby doo that is not going to die out in the newer generation and the older scooby-doos are old school and lack of storyline,and i also prefer this newer scooby doo because theres more dramactic twists ,and we actually hear about their parents because they never talked about there personal life
  • Crystal Cove awaits you, Mystery Incorporated.

After the lame show that was "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue", it's fun to see Scooby and the gang in a good old mystery show again. From what I've seen so far, I think this is certainly one of the best cartoon shows of this decade. The animation is very good, because it mixes the "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" animation, with the "What's New Scooby-Doo?" animation, giving the series a unique look that makes you wonder if this series was created back in the end of the 70's.

The monsters are creepy as Hell, and I dare to say that from all the monsters from the other shows, so far, these are the scariest looking of them all. I praise the work of the voice cast, who's doing a great job as always, and even though Matthew Lillard can not replace Casey Kasem as the voice of Shaggy, he is doing a pretty good job. Plus, Scooby starting to talk, instead of just repeating what the other characters say is a very good thing to see.

Also love what they did with the characters. They gave them deeper and more complex personalites, and well, I think it is actually fun to see Velma and Shaggy together, and the same thing could be said about Fred and Daphne. Still, I would like to see their relationships being steady instead of being on and off all the time. And speaking of the characters, they came up with great supporting characters like the Sheriff, Mayor Nettles, Marcy Fleach (aka. Hot Dog Water) and the old Mystery Inc. (I especially love Professor Pericles, because he's quite creepy and he's voiced by Udo Kier, who can sound extremely evil when he wants to), not to mention that we get to see some old acquaintances of Scooby and the gang like The Hex Girls and Vincent Van Ghoul... it's also nice to see old Hanna-Barbera characters making special appearences (Captain Caveman, Spee Buggy, Jabberjaw, Dynomutt and many more) or just silent cameos (such as teenage Pebbles and Bam-Bam).

And of course, let's not forget the interesting and almost addictive storyline. It' spooky, it's scay, it's interesting and most of all, it gives you chills up your spine. Season 1 was amazing and so for, season 2 is amust that must be seen by any person who considers hesf a Scooby-Doo fan.

Without a doubt this is the most serious and darkest Scooby-Doo series that was ever done so far, because we see the gang having to deal with everyday problems, instead of just solving mysteries.

The mystery of the Curse of Crystal Cove is a mystery which makes you question everything you know about Scooby-Doo. The clues have been laid for us, and it's up to us to see how they fit. I think this is the best series ever done ever since the "13 Ghosts" and that is something.

I do believe that Mystery Inc. is back to its roots, and even though the series will only be 2 seasons long, it will be 2 seasons that every Scooby-Doo fan will love!
  • Not bad, but definitely not what I expected.

I seriously do not like it when CN makes bad previews of shows. However, it once again makes another bad preview of a show known as Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. Like Adventure, it kind of falls into the category of both good and bad. So basically, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. There are a few key factors that save this show from being a failure. One is the dark mood of the story. It seems well planned, while still being able to maintain some goofiness. Another thing I like is the voices and the animation. The lip syncs are matched, and the voices felt exactly like they were back in late 1900's. What's also great is the twists in the story. It is very good to enjoy. However, there are a number of factors that keep this show from being like the original. One is obviously the characters. I don't mind Shaggy, Scooby, or Daphne very much, but Fred and Velma are the ones I have serious problems with. Fred is just pretty much obsessed with traps now. What I also don't like about him is that his body looks really weird now. Fred's dad is pretty much a fat jerk who has no respect for his son at all, and Velma's mom is weird, and not in a good way. Velma, by far, is the worst character on this show. She's pretty much a hypocrite who wants to be right all the time, no matter what. She also wants to take the credit that other people accomplished. Another thing I don't like is the artwork. It doesn't seem right for this show. What I also don't like is the relationships. I wouldn't mind them if they weren't shoved in our faces every two minutes of the show.

Overall, SDMI is a good show, but its lack of good characters, shoved in relationships, and awkward artwork keep this show from being one of CN's better shows. However, if you can make through all these, SDMI is one show to definitely worth a shot.

Presentation: 9/10 Pretty good concept, which is able to differ from its predecessors, and its dark mood also contributes.

Animation: 6/10 Animation is great, although the artwork has much to be desired.

Voice: 9.5/10 Voices fit perfectly and the lips syncs seem to be on cue.

Entertainment: 7/10 Good plots, and great action is overshadowed by crammed-in relationships and boring characters.

Lasting Appeal: 7/10 If you can make it past the awkward artwork, boring characters, and shoved in relationships, then this show is for you.

FINAL SCORE: 7/10 Decent

• A great, fun for all the family show!

If some people thought that this scooby doo was getting old, they would be wrong. I've watched all the episodes that have aired and the curiosity of wanting to know what will happen next is unbearable. It's not just fun for kids, but contains things everyone can enjoy. The humour is also great, even though, nearer episodes 36-41 there are hardly any jokes, the laughs in season one are great.
  • The Chapters are wrong!

The Second Season wiil be first aired in Latin America. Cartoon Network LA confirmed some episodes from Part 2 of the Second Season:

* Chapter 42: "Aliens Among Us"

* Chapter 43: "The Horrible Herd"

* Chapter 44: "Dance of the Undead" *

* Chapter 45: "The Devouring"

* Chapter 46: "The Bag or Live" *

* Chapter 47: "The Man of the Mirror" *

* Chapter 48: "Nightmare in Red" *

* Unofficial english names

Sorry for my bad english I am from Mexico

• i, for one, actuqlly enjoy it.

Its one of those clqssics that you just cant ignore. I have been a fan sincr my first birthday. Its funny, clever, and a mystery that is great for the whole family! My dad and me veg out on the couch qnd watch it, roaring with laughter. Hey, dads like it too! Dont stop scooby do! Keep on comin!
< 1 2 3