Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

TVTome_Shadow

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Fan Reviews (63)

7.8
  • Crystal Cove awaits you, Mystery Incorporated.

After the lame show that was "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue", it's fun to see Scooby and the gang in a good old mystery show again. From what I've seen so far, I think this is certainly one of the best cartoon shows of this decade. The animation is very good, because it mixes the "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" animation, with the "What's New Scooby-Doo?" animation, giving the series a unique look that makes you wonder if this series was created back in the end of the 70's.

The monsters are creepy as Hell, and I dare to say that from all the monsters from the other shows, so far, these are the scariest looking of them all. I praise the work of the voice cast, who's doing a great job as always, and even though Matthew Lillard can not replace Casey Kasem as the voice of Shaggy, he is doing a pretty good job. Plus, Scooby starting to talk, instead of just repeating what the other characters say is a very good thing to see.

Also love what they did with the characters. They gave them deeper and more complex personalites, and well, I think it is actually fun to see Velma and Shaggy together, and the same thing could be said about Fred and Daphne. Still, I would like to see their relationships being steady instead of being on and off all the time. And speaking of the characters, they came up with great supporting characters like the Sheriff, Mayor Nettles, Marcy Fleach (aka. Hot Dog Water) and the old Mystery Inc. (I especially love Professor Pericles, because he's quite creepy and he's voiced by Udo Kier, who can sound extremely evil when he wants to), not to mention that we get to see some old acquaintances of Scooby and the gang like The Hex Girls and Vincent Van Ghoul... it's also nice to see old Hanna-Barbera characters making special appearences (Captain Caveman, Spee Buggy, Jabberjaw, Dynomutt and many more) or just silent cameos (such as teenage Pebbles and Bam-Bam).

And of course, let's not forget the interesting and almost addictive storyline. It' spooky, it's scay, it's interesting and most of all, it gives you chills up your spine. Season 1 was amazing and so for, season 2 is amust that must be seen by any person who considers hesf a Scooby-Doo fan.

Without a doubt this is the most serious and darkest Scooby-Doo series that was ever done so far, because we see the gang having to deal with everyday problems, instead of just solving mysteries.

The mystery of the Curse of Crystal Cove is a mystery which makes you question everything you know about Scooby-Doo. The clues have been laid for us, and it's up to us to see how they fit. I think this is the best series ever done ever since the "13 Ghosts" and that is something.

I do believe that Mystery Inc. is back to its roots, and even though the series will only be 2 seasons long, it will be 2 seasons that every Scooby-Doo fan will love!