Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

TVTome_Shadow

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Fan Reviews (59)

7.9
  • What?

I have seen most of the original shows and almost all of the movies related to this franchise. I have loved Scooby-Doo since I was a wee brat. What really makes this show is not only its amazing new twist on an old favorite, but the constant stream of well-thought references. I love how they explain nearly every trope and gimmick throughout the original series and play around with them.

To the people that are complaining about how the characters act as opposed to their original-selves, I simply cannot stand the whining. The character development is obvious in the series, and these characters are supposed to be them IN HIGH SCHOOL. OF COURSE they are going to be hormonal, cowardly, or just plain air-headed. Velma pissed me off for a good part of the series, but not because she was so different from the original Velma. Simply because she was the way she was. I seriously love her, now finished with the series, and only wish there was more so I could continue to watch her grow.

Not to over-extend my excitement towards this series, but this is one of the greatest animated shows I've had the pleasure of viewing. (Note that I did not THE greatest, so don't get into a tizzy).

Seriously, if you love . Lovecraft, dark mystery, monsters, (a lot of) references, and Scooby-Doo in general, WATCH THIS.

I will admit I don't understand at all why people are saying "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is better. It follows the original show's formula but with an annoying teen-pandering-twist.