Season 1 or Season 2

nyfan

[1]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 20

Which season of Scooby Doo Where Are You!! do you like better, season 1 or 2?

Each one has its difference.

The openings, and the theme music versions. (notcounting the earlyepisodes that had instrumental music)

I like the opening for season 1 better, and the version of the theme music in season 1 better.

An edge I give season 2 is it had the chase scenes with the music.

Another noticeable difference, is season had a different actresses voicing Daphne. Hard to choice which actresses was better. The other characters it is easy to identify a character with the voice over actor, because they played orginated the roles, and played them for a long time. In this case, Stephane Christorson originated the role, while Heather North played Daphne for years, and establish the character.

But overal, I think it is draw. Each season had it's pros and cons, both seasons were great.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uncatoon

[2]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 24

Daphne's first voice, Stefanianna Christopherson, chose to step down. Heather North was encouraged by her roommate to try out as Daphne. Heather's roommate at the time happened to be Nicole Jaffe, who voiced Velma. Heather would be Daphne's voice through 1997 (with the exception, of course, of A Pup Named Scooby Doo, where the younger Daphne was voiced by Kellie Martin).

The pacing and writing for season 2 was still there, but there was a slight decline of animation quality in some eps. You could see the edge of the cels as Fred moves out of shot in a scene from "A Tiki Scare Is No Fair."

nyfan

[3]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 20
    Uncatoon wrote:

Daphne's first voice, Stefanianna Christopherson, chose to step down. Heather North was encouraged by her roommate to try out as Daphne. Heather's roommate at the time happened to be Nicole Jaffe, who voiced Velma. Heather would be Daphne's voice through 1997 (with the exception, of course, of A Pup Named Scooby Doo, where the younger Daphne was voiced by Kellie Martin).

I know that, which is why it is hard for me to define who the "real" Daphne is. While Heather didn't originate Daphne, she played her for such a long time, it is hard to despute that she shouldn't be considered as much a part of the character as Don is for Scooby or Cassey is for Shaggy, because she wasn't the original. It is easy to say Cassey Kassem is the real Shaggy, or Frank Wheller is the real Fred, and of coure Don Messick is the real voice for Scooby Doo, because they not originated those characters, but played them for such a long time and establish those characters.

BTW, Nicole Jaffe and Heather North returned for two Scooby Doo direct to video movies both released in 2003, Scooby Doo and the Legend Of The Vampire, and Scooby Doo and the Monster Of Mexico.

Edited on 09/26/2007 9:08am

Uncatoon

[5]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 24

Frank Welker (correct name spelling) has voiced the teen Fred from the start all right and he seems to enjoy playing him. No clue as to why Billy West filled in for Casey Kasem on a number of those DVD movies (no clue as well why Scott Menville is voicing him on Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get A Clue) unless Kasem's voice is starting to tell his age all too well.

Anyone could voice Fred, but Welker's voice defines him as we know him. But nobody seems to be able to Scooby Doo like Don Messick could, not even Welker, nor can recent talents do Shaggy like Kasem defined him. Just as nobody could do Bugs Bunny right since Mel Blanc died. (Billy West does do an outstanding Popeye, something no one else could do since Jack Mercer). Defining voices can be tricky, and while Stepfanianna Christopherson created Daphne's voice, Heather North defined it by tenure alone.

When I first heard Pat Stevens as Velma's voice in 1976, it took me aback but I slowly grew into it. Marla Frumkin (1979) sounded disinterested and not at all Velma-like. 'Twas good to hear Nicole (her "Jinkies!" is unmistakable) again in those two movies, but I love Mindy Cohn's take on What's New Scooby Doo? and some of the latter movies.

98slbrookes98

[6]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 7
    I like episodes from both seasons but I prefer season 1 because there was no music during the chase.