What if the others drove the van?

nyfan

[1]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 20

I thought of an hillarous of a sub plot for the next Scooby Doo DTV movie, and that is at the beginning of the movie, Fred's license either expires or suspended, Fred is not allowed for drive for the deration of an adventure, and the other memebers of the gang have to drive.

I think that would be a funny premese, I recall Scooby once drove the van. The joke would be everyone has a flow in their driving, one person drives to slow, another person drives to fast, etc. Here is what I think would happen.

I think Daphne would drive to slow, she would beone of those people that constantly lookingat herself in the mirror and talking on cell phone. For some reason, I think Velma would be a speed demon maniac driver. As for Shaggy, I think he would freak overevery little thing he saw on the road. Bottom line, Fred needs to get his license back, before someone's driving killsthem. LOL

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uncatoon

[2]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 24

In the New Scooby Doo Movie The Loch Ness Mess (with the Harlem Globetrotters), Shaggy did drive the Mystery Machine. He knew where his uncle Nathaniel lived and had to lead the Trotters' bus (where Fred and Daphne were riding) to the home.

And if I recall right, Daphne did drive the Mystery Machine in The New Scooby & Scrappy Doo Show and The New Scooby Doo Mysteries. That would leave Velma as the only member of the gang that hasn't driven the van, and she couldn't anyway since she's underage (she's 15--but that didn't stop her from driving the jeep in Foul Play At Funland).

cutiepie2191

[3]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 50
    Shaggy drives the van in at least one of the episodes in The Scooby Doo Show.

Stephen0684

[4]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    Uncatoon wrote:

In the New Scooby Doo Movie The Loch Ness Mess (with the Harlem Globetrotters), Shaggy did drive the Mystery Machine. He knew where his uncle Nathaniel lived and had to lead the Trotters' bus (where Fred and Daphne were riding) to the home.

And if I recall right, Daphne did drive the Mystery Machine in The New Scooby & Scrappy Doo Show and The New Scooby Doo Mysteries. That would leave Velma as the only member of the gang that hasn't driven the van, and she couldn't anyway since she's underage (she's 15--but that didn't stop her from driving the jeep in Foul Play At Funland).

Actually, Velma drove the Mystery Machine once when the series was moved to ABC in fact, the very first Scooby Doo Show episode.

Uncatoon

[5]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 24
    ^ You're correct. Boomerang is now running the 1976-78 Scooby series (weekends at 12 Noon and 6 PM), and that first episode, Hi-Rise Hair-Raiser does show Velma driving the Mystery Machine.

tvownsLEXIE

[6]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    My first instinct to other's driving the van (though it does happen) is "That would be absolute chaos!"

blondwildboy

[7]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    I remember seeing everyone drive the van at least once, including Scooby. The only thing that would be more funny than Scooby driving would be if Velma would be driving and she would lose her glasses while she is driving. Now that would be hilarious. I could just imagine how Shaggy and Scooby would react.

bander8

[8]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    agreed

JackieJ1984

[9]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    According to their ages, Shaggy 17, Daphne,16, and Velma,15. Shaggy could drive but he tends to lose focus to easliy. Daphne could drive, she does in later shows like Scooby Doo Mysteries and others, but I think she feels more comfortable with Fred driving. And Velma, only 15, she is not old anough. Scooby is a Dog!

WWinnieF

[10]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 20
    JackieJ1984 wrote:
    According to their ages, Shaggy 17, Daphne,16, and Velma,15. Shaggy could drive but he tends to lose focus to easliy. Daphne could drive, she does in later shows like Scooby Doo Mysteries and others, but I think she feels more comfortable with Fred driving. And Velma, only 15, she is not old anough. Scooby is a Dog!
    So? Regardless, they can all drive if the plot warrants it. But I do agree that each of them would have their quirks: Daphne would be focused too much on appearance, Shaggy would either freak at things on the road or be distracted by food billboards, Velma would either drive very cauticiously or drive ala a speed demon, and Scooby's all paws...