Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Classic!!

This show used to be my favorite when I was little in the late 1990's .. My favorite Character used to be Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, now when I see this cartoon I think that Shaggy is always high.. LOL.. I used to love when the gang set up a trap for the supernatural forces(which turn out to be people in masks) and then scooby and shaggy always got cought in them, but then somehow scooby and shaggy manage to get them anyaway.. There is this new show called What's New Scooby-Doo?, and I think its great also, the cartoon movies are great also aswell as the Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Doo: Monsters Unleashed movies...
  • A superb show

Hi. Scooby doo where are you is an absolute clasic. I was four when my dad was fliping the channels and found it. WE learned the naes gradually and fell in love with it. The mysteries are great and so are the characters. Fred is my least favorite though. Velma is a bit nerdy, Daphne is great, shaggy is tall and hungry , scooby doo is cute and my favorite. The plots are great and i just love scooby doo. Scooby doo is a great television show. My friend dosent like it and i was shocked. i just love this show.
  • A gang of teenagers set up their own detective agency and solve mysteries.

This show is way underrated. This show is way better than What's New Scooby-Doo. This show was one of my favorites as a kid. This show has become a cult-classic. You can hardly walk into any store without seeing an item with Scooby's goofy face on it. Scooby-Doo is recognized by pretty much everyone in the country. I dare you to try and find someone who does not know Scooby-Doo. Many people down this show for its childish humor. Well this is a kid's show not C.S.I. This is one of the few Hanna Barbara shows to be made into a live action movie(even thought those movies were horrible.) Scooby-Doo has made a lasting mark on American television and culture.
  • Scooby-Doo rocks!

When I was little, I thought 'Scooby-Doo' was kind of creepy so I always made my parents change the channel whenever it came on but then when I was 7, I gave it a chance and I liked it so then I started watching it more often then it became one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network. I remember how I used to watch it every night on CN. It's funny how in each episode, different people hide their identity by discuising themselves as something you'd see on Halloween. 'Scooby-Doo' has always been hilarious. It especially cracks me up how Scooby and Shaggy get scared sometimes and how they fool the enemy by also dressing up as something else. I can defenitly see why this is Hanna Barbara's most popular show.
  • Scooby-Doo Where Are You?

In 1972, this show became The New Scooby-Doo Movies, which were hour-long episodes in which the gang teamed up with famous animated stars and celebrites to solve mysteries. This format aired until 1973.

Scooby-Doo was so popular to Hanna-Barbara that it spawned many different cartoon series throughout the 1970's and the early 1980's. These shows were as follows: The Scooby-Doo Show, a revamped format of this show, Scooby and Scrappy-Doo, which introduced the character Scrappy-Doo, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, and the last incarnation, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, which featured the cast as kids. After more than a decade-long absence of original weekly shows, a new series, What's New Scooby-Doo?, began airing in September 2002.

Theme Song Lyrics

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

We got some work to do now,

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

We need some help from you now.

Come on, Scooby-Doo, I see you

Pretending you've got a sliver,

But you're not foolin' me,

'Cuz I can see

The way you shake and shiver!

You know we got a mystery to solve

So Scooby-Doo, be ready for your act!

(Scooby: Uh uh!)

Don't hold back!

And Scooby-Doo, if you come through

You're gonna have yourself a Scooby Snack!

That's a fact!

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, here are you,

You're ready and you're willing!

If we can count on you, Scooby-Doo

I know you'll catch that villian!

Show Times

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! airs repeats every Monday-Thursday on Boomerang at 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, it also technically airs Tuesday-Friday early mornings at 1:00 AM. It also airs on Cartoon Network Saturday early mornings at 4:30 AM. Scooby-Doo Where Are You?released 9 movies currently in 1999 - present.

Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island

Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost

Scooby-Doo And The Alien Invaders

Scooby-Doo And The Cyber Chase

Scooby-Doo And The Monster Of Mexico

Scooby-Doo And The Loch Ness Monster

Scooby-Doo And The Legend Of The Vampire

Aloha Scooby-Doo Scooby-Doo in Where's Your Mummy?

The show also lead to a current 10th series Shaggy And Scooby-Doo Get A Clue due to start this fall on CW.

There were two live action Scooby-Doo Movies recently released in 2002 and 2004.

Character Bios:

Scooby "Scoobert" Doo: (Don Messick) Scooby-Doo is a great, "Great Dane". Though he's supposed to help the gang for sniffing out the clues, he's always the one running away from them. His very best friend is Shaggy! (Original name: Too Much)

Freddy Jones: (Frank Welker) Freddy is the leader of the gang, he makes sure everything is going right! He usually pairs up with Daphne or Velma when looking for clues. (Original names: Geoff, Ronnie) Daphne Blake: (Heather North) Blinded by her beautiful looks, Daphne is also very ditzy at times. She is the one always finding the clues but not on purpose. She's also the one who gets kidnapped a lot and held for randsom. She should have her very own randsom note! (Original name: Kelly) Norville "Shaggy" Rogers: (Casey Kasem) Shaggy is a scaredy-cat just like Scooby. Only problem is neither one of Scooby or Shaggy is cats and they still got that nickname! Shaggy's best friend and dog is Scooby-Doo! (Original name: W.W.) Velma Dinkley: (Nicole Jaffe) Velma is the smartie of the bunch. She comes in handy when the gang doesnt know the name of something or needs help... Literally! (Original name: Linda)

FAQ What is the investigating club that Scooby and the gang belong to?

Mystery, Inc. What type of dog is Scooby-Doo?

A Great Dane.

What is Scooby-Doo's real name?

Scoobert-Doo.

How many classic Scooby-Doo episodes are there?

310 episodes comprising 230 half-hours
  • I have always loved this show, even before I could walk!

Scooby Doo Where Are You? is still one of my guilty pleasures. I've watched it my whole life so it's definetely a show I will always love. Who can't love Scooby and Shaggy! They're so adorable! I actually even like some of the music from the show. The soundtrack to Scooby Doo was my first ever CD when I was 7 years old! I'll admit I still like the songs "Recipe for my love" and "Daydreamin'" about being in love with an ostrich! LOL! I still watch the movies if they're on TV! The real life ones are good too! This show is good for the whole family! It will defenitely always be one of my favorite shows of all time!
  • Scooby Doo where are youis a good classic show!

Scooby Doo where are you is a good classic show because even adults can watch it. The newer scooby Doo shows are more for kids but these old ones even adults could watch them as they are more grown up. The original Scooby doo where are you is the best and more spooker than the newer Scooby Doo shows. I also like the Scooby Doo movie The witches ghost because thats quite spooky as well. Scooby Doo where are you is better than What's new Scooby Doo, The Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo show and The New adventures of Scooby Doo because they are all not as spooky.
  • Scooby dooby doo where are you...

I really like 'Scooby Doo Where Are You?'. The original (Hanna Barbera) is way better than the Warner Brother's version. I like how scooby and shaggy are always changing into costumes to trick the monsters, and how it always works. One of the best shows! It shows hummor for young ages, but some of the jokes are really hilarious for only older audiences. I really really like scooby doo. Some of the monsters are really imaginative too. I quite like red beard the Pirate aswell, I like pirates. I do still like the Warner Bros whats new scooby doos theme tune because it was sang by Simple Plan, one of my favourite bands eva!
  • This is how cartooning used to be.

I remember when I was little, I would take a bath in the sink, and there was a tv by the sink, so every night when I was taking a bath I would watch Scooby Doo. It was a habbit I had. Wow! This show was on before I was born, but reruns, movies, and spin offs were still going on. My favorite character was Daphne, my second favorite character was Shaggy, and I loved the Daphne/Freddie relationship (as it should be) I even went to a store where they were having an autograph signing with the producers and Scott Ines of Scooby Doo. Scott did the voice of both Shaggy and Scooby...I have a poster with the autographs in my room still, it says...Like (my name) Doo, where are you? Truly, compared to every single spin off that they writers have attempted to make popular have not measured up to the perfection that was this show. Although the same-old plotline became sort of- dry to say the least, I think that nobody truly can mess with the classics. The should would not have been the same if the plot wasn't overused. Whether it be Velma saying "Jinkies" or telling Shaggy what a ham he is, Shaggy and Scooby eating all they can while yelling "Zoinks" Daphne falling into trap doors, and Fred with his orange ascot, all of these cliches made Scooby Doo what is really is today.

A legend.
  • Four kids and their pup, drive across the world in their groovy "Mystery Machine", solving spooky mysteries involving ghosts and monsters.

This show was the first cartoon that I ever saw, and it has always been my favorite. This show defines cartoons and the '60s for me, in some weird way... This show always combined comedy, with mystery, and always kept you laughing and guessing at the same time. It was groundbreaking, in the fact that it had a set plot, and the kids would have to try and figure out who did what. I loved that aspect, and I would always find myself trying to figure out who the bad guy was, or what the monsters were after. All the characters were likable, especially Scooby and Shaggy. Scooby Doo had it all, creepy places, cool monsters, and when you add in that spooky music, you get a creepy yet fun show; and those aspects are what always appealed to me. This show always brings back memories of my childhood, and overall, this is a pretty groovy show. This show is Hanna and Barbera at their finest!
  • Scooby and the gang head out on adventures of every sort from catching robbers to exposing 'vampires'

Shown on Cartoon Network for many years Scooby-Doo has always been one of the best. I have always been fond of Scooby-Doo's script. Every episode just got better and better. Even now children know and speak of Scooby. His friends, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred all have interesting backgrounds as well. It was all worth watching until Cartoon Network decided that it wasn't up to scratch and canceled it in 1972. Cartoon Network has never been the same since. Most shows now have nothing compared to Scooby. It's a true tragedy that most people now have no clue how well put together this show was. I am glad however for the wonderful voice talents of Welker, Kasem, Messick, Jaffe, North, and Christopherson.
  • Nothing Better

There is nothing better than watching Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang meddle and catch the creepy criminal in the mask.

Scooby and Shaggy are best friends and nothing gets in between their friendship or in between them and their love of food.

Fred is the fearless leader while Daphne and Velma each bring their own unique qualities to the group. Velma is the creative one when it comes to helping Fred pull all the clues together and Daphne is the every pretty damsel in distress.

The Mystery Machine takes them wherever they need to go and keeps the gang together through good times and bad. Scooby Doo rules and the original is the best.
  • THE BEST SHOW IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any other show as funny as this!Scooby-Doo has been around for almost 30 years. I've watched it since I was 3 years old! I still love Scooby-Doo today! This show is about a dog named Scooby-Doo who solves mysteries with his ebst friends Shaggy, Velma, Fred, and Daphne. They travel in their signature van called the Mystery Machine. No matter how scared they get, they are able to solve the mystery of who dunnit. If I could go back in time to 1969, I would have watched Scooby-Doo every single day. Even though I like other shows that are new so me, Scooby-Doo has always and always will be my best friend ever. There is NO other show like this! I wouldn't replace it with anything else!I love this show!
  • This is a great old show. seriously, is there anyone who DOESN'T like this show?

Scooby Dooby Doo! this is one of my favorite show. I have tons of scooby-doo stuff. two watches (they both are broken) a pair of pjs, some t-shirts, and my desktop picture is of scooby doo. I have the Night of 100 frights Vidio game, and i usually don't miss a chance to see it. The orrigional is the best. all the other spin-offs just aren't a good. A Pup named Scooby Doo and What's new Scooby Doo are an efficiant substitute if you can't get Where are You, but if i had to choose, i would definately choose the origional.
  • One of hanna barbera's Finest!

My 44th review after "The Powerpuff Girls"

This cartoon is about the world's first talking mystery-solving cartoon dog, Scooby doo. Along with four teenage kids, Freddy Jones (Age 17) Velma Dinkley (Age 15) Daphne Blake (Age 16) and Shaggy Rogers (Age 17) Which he is Scooby doo's Owner. They see Monsters and Ghosts and they firgue out that they are just people in masks in just about EVERY Scooby doo epiosde, in the franchise. It gets really Repeitve that every epiosde goes by. This cartoon is gonna get an A.

Voice-acting: A++ 10.0/10.0 Perfect. Very-well Done.

Animation: C 6.0/10.0 It's too Blurry.

Graphics: B 7.0/10.0 Nice, and very colorful.

Sound: A- 8.0/10.0 Very good music that Hanna-Barbera's got there.

Dialouge: A+ 9.0/10.0 rooby roo? Hee! Hee!

Lasting Appeal: A+ 9.5/10.0 Did I mention that this cartoon has one superb Lasting Appeal?

Overall: A 9.0/10.0 This is like, one of the best cartoons ever made! Hanna-Barbera maybe made millions of bucks for making this Franchise. Ok, That's the end of my review for Scooby doo where are you! See you Later.
  • Scooby Doo and the gang cruising around in the Mystery Machine solving mysteries-what a fun show!

I loved watching this cartoon when I was growing up. Shaggy, Scooby, Fred, Velma and Daphne are all great characters. Each week, our teenage sleuths come face-to-face with a mystery, usually involving some kind of weird monster or creature. The characterizations are great. Scooby and Shaggy always show their true colors (usually yellow!). They are usually coaxed to help by a few Scooby Snacks. Fred always devises some elaborate trap to catch the bad guys. Velma uses her scientific genius to unwrap the mystery. And Daphne, well, Daphne always looks great. This classic series has spawned several spin-off series and a couple of major motion pictures, but the original will always hold a special place in my heart!
  • A talking dog and this four friends solve mysteries.

A wonderful show for its time. I wish today's kids could still watch it.

Wasn't it great that you could watch a kids mystery show with no violence in it? It was funny and not nonsense like some shows are today, parents can actually stand to watch this show. Though this series did prove that bribes work [through the Scooby Snacks] and that you can eat constantly and still be skinny [Shaggy], it did leave good impressions too. It did tell kids that you can't trust everyone you meet, and even 'cowards'can be brave.

Scooby-Doo Where Are You was that great classic that inspired all of the spin-offs. This show was the best, no spin-off was anywhere close to as good as this one. It's a shame that it only had three short seasons.
  • A team of 5 mystery, crime solving people star in a childrens movie called Scooby-Doo!!!

The brains in the group is Velma Dinkley, the clumsey one is Dalphne, the scardy cats are Scooby and Shaggy Scooby's best pal, and Fred the good looking leader.. Fred always taking credit for Velma's hard work solving the mysteries. Dalphine usually gets captured. Scooby and Shaggy always mess up the plan to catch the villian but it still ends up the villian getting captured and saying,'' I would have gottin away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog too!'' There were two movies based on Scooby and the gang's series when the cartoon is brought to life by real people who look like the actuall charaters!!!
  • Scooby Doo was one of my favorite shows when i was little i still like to watch it somtimes.

Scooby Doo was a very intresting show when i was little. It has 5 main characters. Their names are, Velma, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Freddie, and Daphine. Scooby and Shaggy are basicly scared of everything except food. Scooby and Shaggy are best friends. Freddie has a crush on Daphine. Velma is the smart indpendent one. The gang solves mysteries and travel around the world to solve them. There 2 movies based on the series. Shaggy and Scooby have to get fed Scooby Snacks if the gang wants them to do something thats scary to them. All the monsters or villans end up being fakes and they always say, " I could've gotten away with it if it wasnt for you medeling kids and your dumb dog too".
  • love this show i am taking about it

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on September 13, 1969. This cartoon introduced four kids and a dog named Scooby-Doo. These kids were Daphne Blake, Freddy Jones, Velma Dinkley, Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and their mascot. They traveled around in a green van known as "The Mystery Machine" and solved many scary mysteries along the way. In 1972, this show became The New Scooby-Doo...
  • scooby-dooby-doo!

This show is about how Scooby and the gang try and solve mysterys. Scooby is always running into the ghosts and monsters. Scooby is Shagys dog, Both Scooby and Shagy are affraid of almost everything. Then you got Fred who is not affraid of anything he is a prepy high schooler. Phelma is a nerd she uses her smartness to find the clues to catch the gouls. Daffney is a prepy highschooler as well who is a reporter. She is always in fasion. This show never gets old! I have seen it many times and it is always just as good as the first time seeing it.Schooby and Shaggy just always get into troubble because, they can't handle there appetite for food. to conclude scooby doo is a great show!
  • this is about a dog solving clues

This was the show i first watched i would always watch it i remember when i was 4 and i started watching tv i remember scooby-doo if you asked my mom or dad what my favorite show was when i was a little girl they would say ''are you stupid??? how did you not know that?????'' I LOVE THIS SHOW! as you can tell it is a classic when i am older and my kids ask me what my favorite show was when i was a little girl i will for sure say scooby-doo. i miss this show so much i hardly see it anymore maby i will buy it on dvd soon so again I love this show!
  • What would you do for a Scooby Snack?

Ah, Scooby Doo… Officially my favorite cartoon of all time. Basically, the story is about a group of “meddling kids” formed by Fred the popular and pretty boy (with an ascot), Daphne the popular but often mistaken for bait pretty girly girl, Velma the smart one but also the lonely one, and Shaggy the best guy in the world except for being the cowardest human alive. And then there’s Scooby, a Great Dane with very little courage but a big heart. Every episode, this jolly gang had to solve mysteries and the complexity of it all was sometimes mind blowing! Seriously, the intrigue was not always the strong point of the show but the humour and absurdity of it all made it fun to watch. Also, to me, it is one of the most beautiful shows when it comes to visual; the drawings are very gloomy and the ambiance is very special. Scooby and Shaggy are inseparable and I guess that’s a good thing because neither can survive without the other one! They need the other to have the courage necessary to follow the rest of the gang in their mystery inquests!
  • I used to love this show! Stirring up old memories...

I used to have everything in my bedroom Scooby Doo. I memorized the theme song, everything. This original show is so much better then amy of the remakes, because, well it the original and they have had SO many remakes. I gotta admit, I did like the 2nd Scooby Doo live action movie, anywho kids still love scooby doo about 30 years later, including me!
  • great show

Scooby Doo, Where Are You was the progenitor and the best of a long-running extremely wonderful cartoon ruined by stupid mistakes and choices. This first season had an excellant mixture of humor, scary atmosphere and intelligence. Have you noticed that these early episodes almost always had a lesson or scientific fact on how to make fog from dry ice or how dogs hear ultra-sonic frequencies. The show was also a whodunnit with several clues to discovering who the criminal was among the too obvious to the less than obvious. Ruined by extremely annoying pups, unlikely scenarios and the removal of the supernatural aspect that had made it so successful in the first place. In later episodes, we saw the characters sleep in their clothes, drag their van overseas and dogs living and presiding like people. Thank goodness that the Cartoon Channel has decided to run the best of the series in their best timeslots and delagate the horrible episodes to where no one will find them !
  • Scooby, Dooby Doo, Where are you?

This show as been a personal favorite since I was a child. I always enjoyed the mystery aspect. Alot of cartoons are just about silly characters running around, doing nothing, and I don't really find that interesting. Even as an adult, I find the material still interesting. I know that a lot of people look at Shaggy as a pot head, but I always thought he was just one of those guys that will never grow up, and of course I love Scooby. My favorite show is, all of them. The only thing that I ever disliked about the Scooby Doo franchise, was the addition of scrappy. Man, I couldn't stand that puppy! Puppy power indeed.
  • This show is about ScoobyDoo and the gang. They always find the guy/girl that is trying to scare people. This show they made a movie or ScoobyDoo and ScoobyDoo2. I love this show it is a very funny show.

In the show Scooby is the main charter in the show. He likes food so does Shaggy. Fred is the leader in the show. I also think he is in love with you know who. The gang also had a van that they use in every episode. They also do not make this show anymore. They should of keep making it. If you never watch ScoobyDoo you should watch the some of the old episodes. On Cartoon Network or some other channels. You can also buy them on dvds and videos. They also have games on Playstation2. This is one of my fav shows.
  • Gotta Love the classics.

I use to watch this show when i was like 4 years old. Even my parents saw it when they were some what young. Its one of them classic shows that you gotta love, like Looney Tunes. I shouldn't have to explain anything about the show, since pretty near everbody at least saw the show once. My Favorite Character is Shaggy cause he reminds me of a Hippy and hippy's are awesome hahaha. The newest Scooby-Doo series, which is called " Whats new Scooby-Doo? " doesn't even come close to the original one, which i'm revewing now. Scooby-Doo is one of my childhood favorites. It stands next to Looney Tunes.
  • If you don't love Scooby Doo, you got a problem!

I have always loved the original Scooby Doo. And I love the fact my kids love it too. My little boy would be lost without it. I mean, today's cartoons are soooo stupid, don't make any sense, and are very very violent. Why. What is the purpose? I mean Scooby Doo didn't really make a lot of sense, but hey it was cute and cool and I really like the fact they have brought back the shows and started making the what's new scooby doo shows and the 2 movies that played in the theaters. My kids loved them both, and frankly so did I.
  • The best show ever

This show is a classic its going to be the best show ever forever. This is a personal favorite of mine because I mean really its about a talking dog who wouldn't like a talking ghost hunting dog. The other reason I think I liked it was because when I was younger because every time he traped a monster I though that it was real life so I wasn't scared of a monster being under my bed lol. Scoobydoo was pretty much a safe haven for kids who were afraid of monsters when they were little. Well at least it was for me.
1 2 3