Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews (88)

• to get this show in india again

i want back this show on-air in India once again...
  • Great Cartoon

I remembered that show as a kid. It's one of my all-time favorites. Scooby-Doo and the gang solve mysteries.
  • One Of Hanna-Barbera Great!

Ahh.. Scooby Doo Where Are You! While Writing This I Am Watching My Scooby Doo DVD's. Some Of Great Episodes Are What A Night For A Knight, Decoy For A Dognapper, Foul Play In Funland, Scooby-Doo And A Mummy, Go Away Ghost Ship And Jeepers, It's The Creeper. What The Plot Well Everyone Know The Plot. For Kids 70's And 90's A Giant Nostalgia Trip 10/10.
  • Nostalgia Galore!

This was by far my favourite show when I was growing up and it's still a lot of fun to go back occasionally and watch a few of the episodes (even though I have seen all 25 about a million times). There is no episodes I dislike although some are weaker than others, they all follow similar patterns starting with them finding out about the mystery, then interviewing any suspects and looking for clues, then getting chased by the ghost/ monster and finally setting some sort of trap which always captures the ghost in some way and then ends with the reveal of the villian and his ploy. Every episode in both series are a lot of fun and I enjoy re-watching everyone because even though they are all very similar in format, each episode has a variety of differences and certain things stand out from each one. All in All terrific Series of Scooby's 10/10 :D

- EPISODES BEST TO WORST -

1. A Night of Fright is no Delight

2. Don't Fool with a Phantom

3. Foul Play in Funland

4. Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright

5. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?

6. Mine Your Own Business

7. A Tiki Scare is No Fair

8. Go Away Ghost Ship

9. The Haunted House Hang-Up

10. Hassle in the Castle

11. Jeepers iit's the Creeper

12. Which Witch is Which?

13. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts

19. Bedlam in the Bigtop

20. Never Ape an Ape Man

21. The Backstage Rage

22. Scooby Doo and a Mummy Too

23. What the Hex Going On?

24. What a Night for a Knight

25. Decoy for a Dognapper

- ALL EPISODES A GREAT THOUGH -

• Great Show

It was one of my favorite shows growing up.It was one of many great Scooby-Doo shows.
  • Classic Cartoon

This is One of the best shows ever.
  • scooby-dooby-doooo!...

I love Scooby-Doo! The show was about 4 teens(Fred, Daphne,Velma, Shaggy) & their great dane(Scooby) solving different mysteries. The ghosts always turn out to be bad guys in masks. This show rocks! I always watch it when it comes on Cartoon network. i think it shoulda lasted longer than 2 or 3 years. i dont know what else to say about this classic Hanna-Barbara show execpt that it is brilliant! i love the humor in the show, too=) i recommend Scooby-Doo to anybody who hasnt seen it. Well, that's all i got to say. bye! asd fghui cvbnm ghuidm gbnm
  • This show was made 12 years before I was born, and it makes me wish that THIS was the show I grew up on.

I have loved Scooby Doo since I was 3 years old. This particular show is the best out of all Scooby Doo shows. I also found it neat the way Hanna-Barbera put a laugh track in. Scooby and Shaggy were always the ones encountering the ghosts and the things they would say before running are funny. Sometimes Velma would get in on the action, making it even more hilarious. I wished they had kept Velma as a goof-ball in the rest of the later shows instead of making her a serious character.
    I especially loved the second season, where they had the chase music sung by Danney Jansen. If only this show could come back in this format, artwork, voices, etc. Who cares about trying to fit Scooby Doo in the 21st century? This is CLASSIC cartoon comedy that should be brought back.
  • Classic

This was one of my favourite cartoons. A group of kids works on mysterious sightings of monsters who cause problems for people. I especially liked the duo shaggy and scooby they always did stupid things to make matters worse. Usually Velma had to help them. The places where the stories took place where also cool swamps, mines, castles, ships, islands. Most of the time the monsters where guys in costumes wanting to take revenge on people or trying to get people to leave for their own purposes. And i would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids! It's a kind of show that was exciting to watch. I grew up in the nineties and a lot of reruns where shown on Sunday morning. What hooked me on the show was the overall atmosphere. it was funny spooky and exciting to watch. Later you had the scooby doo show which also was very good. I haven't seen much of the newest mystery incorporated but i think you could milk out the show too much. Eventhow the show started in the late sixties it is still good fun.
  • How can you not like Scooby-Doo?

I grew up watching this show. No, I did not grow up in the 60's or the 70's, I grew up in the 90's when Cartoon Network had reruns on all of the time. I have always loved Scooby-Doo and I still watch him today. This series was not only Scooby's first series, but it was his greatest. I have seen every one of his tv shows and grew up with all of the classics and this series is still the best. The villians were very memorable and the characters had great chemistry and the plots and stories were always perfect. I even liked the animation that was used with this series. Scooby-Doo Where are You is one of those cartoons that appeals to all ages, not just kids, but to teenagers, adults, and 100 year olds. If you have not seen this show then I feel sorry for you.
  • One of the best cartoon series ever!

If we think about it, this is one of those series which almost everyone watched in their childhood... The series tells us about a group of meddling kids and their Great Dane, who love to solve mysteries and unmask bad guys, who for one reason or another disguise themselves as monsters. Fred is the leader, Daphne is the damsel in distress and fashion diva, Velma is the brains of the operation with a somehow sacrastic temperament, Shaggy is the unstoppable eating machine, and Scooby-Doo is probably the only dog who's afraid of everything, including his own shadow. Together, they form the Mystery Inc, world's most successful detective agency, who has been catching bad guys for more than 4 decades now. No matter what kind of villain stands in their way, they always find a way to solve the mystery, in time to get a milkshake in the nearest malt-shop. With already 12 series, 14 animated films, 4 live-action films, a monthly comic book and a huge legion of fans, this isprobably the best series ever created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera (not counting the Flintstones, the Jetsons and Wacky Races, of course), this is a series which has gone for more than 40 years now, and seems to never get old. 10 out of 10, no doubt about it!
  • Terrific show. Intellegent and Entertaining for children and nostalgic adults.

Scooby-Doo,Where are you! was a brilliant show even by today's standards. Although Scooby-Doo has been resurrected in many incarnations (TV, Movies, Books, you name it), this was the epitome of what Scooby-Doo was about and why we loved him. The characters were likable and the show was enthralling. Many criticize the fact that in this show all of the monsters were criminals in elaborate costumes but, truth be told, that was the secret to much of it's success. Kids enjoy mysteries and the show wasn't overly scary because the children knew that none of the supernatural horror was real and that there was a logical explanation behind it (and that Velma probably knew what it was). It taught children that they needn't be overly afraid of ghosts and that they should face their fears (even reluctantly). it also taught them that thinking is a good way of attacking their problems.... oh and it was funny and fun. that always helps.
  • A superb show

Hi. Scooby doo where are you is an absolute clasic. I was four when my dad was fliping the channels and found it. WE learned the naes gradually and fell in love with it. The mysteries are great and so are the characters. Fred is my least favorite though. Velma is a bit nerdy, Daphne is great, shaggy is tall and hungry , scooby doo is cute and my favorite. The plots are great and i just love scooby doo. Scooby doo is a great television show. My friend dosent like it and i was shocked. i just love this show.
  • Scooby-Doo rocks!

When I was little, I thought 'Scooby-Doo' was kind of creepy so I always made my parents change the channel whenever it came on but then when I was 7, I gave it a chance and I liked it so then I started watching it more often then it became one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network. I remember how I used to watch it every night on CN. It's funny how in each episode, different people hide their identity by discuising themselves as something you'd see on Halloween. 'Scooby-Doo' has always been hilarious. It especially cracks me up how Scooby and Shaggy get scared sometimes and how they fool the enemy by also dressing up as something else. I can defenitly see why this is Hanna Barbara's most popular show.
  • I have always loved this show, even before I could walk!

Scooby Doo Where Are You? is still one of my guilty pleasures. I've watched it my whole life so it's definetely a show I will always love. Who can't love Scooby and Shaggy! They're so adorable! I actually even like some of the music from the show. The soundtrack to Scooby Doo was my first ever CD when I was 7 years old! I'll admit I still like the songs "Recipe for my love" and "Daydreamin'" about being in love with an ostrich! LOL! I still watch the movies if they're on TV! The real life ones are good too! This show is good for the whole family! It will defenitely always be one of my favorite shows of all time!
  • Four kids and their pup, drive across the world in their groovy "Mystery Machine", solving spooky mysteries involving ghosts and monsters.

This show was the first cartoon that I ever saw, and it has always been my favorite. This show defines cartoons and the '60s for me, in some weird way... This show always combined comedy, with mystery, and always kept you laughing and guessing at the same time. It was groundbreaking, in the fact that it had a set plot, and the kids would have to try and figure out who did what. I loved that aspect, and I would always find myself trying to figure out who the bad guy was, or what the monsters were after. All the characters were likable, especially Scooby and Shaggy. Scooby Doo had it all, creepy places, cool monsters, and when you add in that spooky music, you get a creepy yet fun show; and those aspects are what always appealed to me. This show always brings back memories of my childhood, and overall, this is a pretty groovy show. This show is Hanna and Barbera at their finest!
  • Nothing Better

There is nothing better than watching Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang meddle and catch the creepy criminal in the mask.

Scooby and Shaggy are best friends and nothing gets in between their friendship or in between them and their love of food.

Fred is the fearless leader while Daphne and Velma each bring their own unique qualities to the group. Velma is the creative one when it comes to helping Fred pull all the clues together and Daphne is the every pretty damsel in distress.

The Mystery Machine takes them wherever they need to go and keeps the gang together through good times and bad. Scooby Doo rules and the original is the best.
  • THE BEST SHOW IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any other show as funny as this!Scooby-Doo has been around for almost 30 years. I've watched it since I was 3 years old! I still love Scooby-Doo today! This show is about a dog named Scooby-Doo who solves mysteries with his ebst friends Shaggy, Velma, Fred, and Daphne. They travel in their signature van called the Mystery Machine. No matter how scared they get, they are able to solve the mystery of who dunnit. If I could go back in time to 1969, I would have watched Scooby-Doo every single day. Even though I like other shows that are new so me, Scooby-Doo has always and always will be my best friend ever. There is NO other show like this! I wouldn't replace it with anything else!I love this show!
  • A team of 5 mystery, crime solving people star in a childrens movie called Scooby-Doo!!!

The brains in the group is Velma Dinkley, the clumsey one is Dalphne, the scardy cats are Scooby and Shaggy Scooby's best pal, and Fred the good looking leader.. Fred always taking credit for Velma's hard work solving the mysteries. Dalphine usually gets captured. Scooby and Shaggy always mess up the plan to catch the villian but it still ends up the villian getting captured and saying,'' I would have gottin away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog too!'' There were two movies based on Scooby and the gang's series when the cartoon is brought to life by real people who look like the actuall charaters!!!
  • love this show i am taking about it

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on September 13, 1969. This cartoon introduced four kids and a dog named Scooby-Doo. These kids were Daphne Blake, Freddy Jones, Velma Dinkley, Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and their mascot. They traveled around in a green van known as "The Mystery Machine" and solved many scary mysteries along the way. In 1972, this show became The New Scooby-Doo...
  • this is about a dog solving clues

This was the show i first watched i would always watch it i remember when i was 4 and i started watching tv i remember scooby-doo if you asked my mom or dad what my favorite show was when i was a little girl they would say ''are you stupid??? how did you not know that?????'' I LOVE THIS SHOW! as you can tell it is a classic when i am older and my kids ask me what my favorite show was when i was a little girl i will for sure say scooby-doo. i miss this show so much i hardly see it anymore maby i will buy it on dvd soon so again I love this show!
  • I used to love this show! Stirring up old memories...

I used to have everything in my bedroom Scooby Doo. I memorized the theme song, everything. This original show is so much better then amy of the remakes, because, well it the original and they have had SO many remakes. I gotta admit, I did like the 2nd Scooby Doo live action movie, anywho kids still love scooby doo about 30 years later, including me!
  • Scooby, Dooby Doo, Where are you?

This show as been a personal favorite since I was a child. I always enjoyed the mystery aspect. Alot of cartoons are just about silly characters running around, doing nothing, and I don't really find that interesting. Even as an adult, I find the material still interesting. I know that a lot of people look at Shaggy as a pot head, but I always thought he was just one of those guys that will never grow up, and of course I love Scooby. My favorite show is, all of them. The only thing that I ever disliked about the Scooby Doo franchise, was the addition of scrappy. Man, I couldn't stand that puppy! Puppy power indeed.
  • Gotta Love the classics.

I use to watch this show when i was like 4 years old. Even my parents saw it when they were some what young. Its one of them classic shows that you gotta love, like Looney Tunes. I shouldn't have to explain anything about the show, since pretty near everbody at least saw the show once. My Favorite Character is Shaggy cause he reminds me of a Hippy and hippy's are awesome hahaha. The newest Scooby-Doo series, which is called " Whats new Scooby-Doo? " doesn't even come close to the original one, which i'm revewing now. Scooby-Doo is one of my childhood favorites. It stands next to Looney Tunes.
  • If you don't love Scooby Doo, you got a problem!

I have always loved the original Scooby Doo. And I love the fact my kids love it too. My little boy would be lost without it. I mean, today's cartoons are soooo stupid, don't make any sense, and are very very violent. Why. What is the purpose? I mean Scooby Doo didn't really make a lot of sense, but hey it was cute and cool and I really like the fact they have brought back the shows and started making the what's new scooby doo shows and the 2 movies that played in the theaters. My kids loved them both, and frankly so did I.
  • The best show ever

This show is a classic its going to be the best show ever forever. This is a personal favorite of mine because I mean really its about a talking dog who wouldn't like a talking ghost hunting dog. The other reason I think I liked it was because when I was younger because every time he traped a monster I though that it was real life so I wasn't scared of a monster being under my bed lol. Scoobydoo was pretty much a safe haven for kids who were afraid of monsters when they were little. Well at least it was for me.
  • My new best friend.

Scooby-Doo where are you is the best show in the world.I don't understand why it was cannceled.My step dad is 24 years old and he was ready to go on my account and write a review.All Scooby-Doo shows are old and people say that it is way to old.Well you know what to all those people who say that and like The Simsons that is the longest animated show to air now don't tell me thats not waring it self out.Scooby-Doo is better then almost any show on t.v.Thats what I have to say.
  • Classic

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! was the best scooby show. It introduced us to scooby doo and his pals. Fredie Dafhne , Velma And Shaggy. The went along with them traveling around solving mysterys. That was reason why it was so good. The clues where showed to us a the right times. And at the end the would always take the mask of some person.
  • "Scooby Doo, Where Are You" was about four young people and their dog who stumbled upon mysteries at spooky locations and the tried to solve them. The episodes could be very spooky, a bit funny and at times teach you something.

I love the series for what it was, but I'm depressed by what it turned into. It started out great. Scooby was the comic and Shaggy was his ever-hungry straight man. Daphne was beautiful but under-appreciated, and Velma was the moral focus while Fred held the group in check. It was done straight and spooky, but then it degraded into just another cartoon. In later seasons, we met Scooby's relatives and they kept getting worse. Scooby Dum was forgivable; Crappy was not, and I'm not mispelling it there - that's just how I feel about that horrible mistake. Once spooky and entertaining, the series degraded into forced celebrity appearances, bad puns, ridiculous storylines and just bad writing. I was so hoping the live action movie would do it right, but they just repeated the worse sterotypes from the lousy end of the series. I could have written it so much more better.
  • Best cartoon show ever!

I hate anything scary, so when I was little I was scared of this show, but now I will say without a doubt that this is the best show ever made! Scooby Doo and the gang are the funniest characters, and every show the mysteries are so great! It's also fun to watch for the mystakes that are made, you know like in one scene Shaggy's shirt is a different or Fred's hair is brown, since the show is so old there are a lot of these. Well, this show is awsome and I must say so are the movies they made from this show!
< 1 2 3